1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

1-55JETFIREjohns-6-7-13_zpse966d5db.jpg

- two of the three 1/55's i own, all JETFIREs.

the one painted up in Focker tones was my first. traded off, around 1999/2000, my entire childhood G.I. JOE collection to get it, and it had a missing right arm and snapped frontal gear at that.

not long after, i custom painted it, and not long after that, my grandma bought me a replacement arm for it from Jerry Tsai's long defunct VF-1X.com.

a couple years later, i came across another JETFIRE at a local yard sale. this is the one you see right there beside my first.

not terribly long after that, my aunt bought me both a complete, unbuilt 1/12 variable BLOWSPERIOR MOSPEADA RIDE ARMOR kit and another JETFIRE,

this one i bummed the frontal gear from, in order to replace the busted one on my Focker custom there.

i began a DYRL MAX JENIUS custom job on that one that i never came close to finishing. it languishes in storage to date.

one of these days i really should retire both of these silly things and replace them with one good TAKATOKU or BANDAI reissue VF-1J Hikaru T.V.

Edited by Shaorin

Thanks Magnus, that 1/55 VF-1S Strike is my prized possession, absolute dumb luck I bought it when I did and for the price too. Even if you never grew up owning these old school Valk's the Box Art alone is worth it to own them. One of these days I will own the Bandai VT-1, one of the coolest Valkyrie boxes ever IMO. B))

gallery_12176_608_3657.jpg

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38785&p=1043467

It's not even that I was an actively destructive kid. A little careless maybe but I wasn't slamming my toys together or throwing them around. The Jetfire, durable as it was, had a few design issues that made some parts more fragile than others...namely the tabs that held much of the Super parts to the Valk itself. They were pretty flimsy. If you baby that stuff now as an adult...sure it's all good. But as a kid, these parts did not take well to my play as non-abusive as it was. Nostalgia clouds the mind sometimes.

It's still a fun toy though. Not gonna go out of my way to hunt it down as much as I like it.

Well...there's always more persuasive methods..... ^_^

tumblr_ln26j7Opp21qlvy6wo1_1280.jpg

Reminds me of a joke I made in my first taser class. Most people didn't get it and my nerdiness was fully exposed.

The 1/55 Strike 1S is indeed a holy grail for a lot of 1/55 collectors, including myself. It would've been nice to get a re-issue of this from Bandai :( .

True... :(

The 1/55 Strike 1S is indeed a holy grail for a lot of 1/55 collectors, including myself. It would've been nice to get a re-issue of this from Bandai :( .

i seriously doubt such a re-issue would have had anything the least bit like that awesome 1984 box art, considering how the existing re-issues were packaged,

and that box art is a whole lot of the charm right there, IMHO anyway...

Edited by Shaorin

It's up for sale if you want it.....This IS the Super Ostrich you're looking for (waves hand across the internets) ..... :p

Obi%20wan.jpeg

Your Jedi powers have no effect on me!!! :lol:

Well...there are always more persuasive methods..... ^_^

tumblr_ln26j7Opp21qlvy6wo1_1280.jpg

Funny stuff guys! I actually laughed out loud!

1/48 VF-1A DYRL with Urban Armor - Hikaru Ichijo

8989126896_62fac9ba60_b.jpg

8989129798_b4415dc924_b.jpg

8987934031_f9e59415d6_b.jpg

8989134932_c1db660f53_b.jpg

8987939463_ea738335bf_b.jpg

8987942159_2d3714a84a_b.jpg

So glad I went with the Urban armor over the original. It is quite a bit more massive than I realized. :D But oh so awesome! Now that I have it; I am very happy I was able to pickup a set of armor.

I love my Gamlin 22. It has a certain sleekness and stealthiness that most valks could never pull off.

I wish I had better decal trimming skills when I first got that thing. I really made it look pretty atrocious.

If theres any 1/48's I still really want its the Stealth VF-1J and the Low Vis 01.

M&M in 1/48 would cool, but I sort of want the V.2 1/60's instead, simply because the Fast Packs are so much more secure!!

Stealth 1J is a decent looking scheme but it's a rickety as hell toy in my experience.

Don't have that issue with mine, but I've only transformed it once. It's spent it's life in strike fighter mode on a stand.

I have the standalone and not the Super/Strike bundle but mine had several fit issues right out of the box. The nosecone didn't fit right; the wing flaps fell off if you looked at them funny; and the trap door in the nose, the front and rear landing gear doors and the air brake flap would all flop open at the slightest touch.

I have the standalone and not the Super/Strike bundle but mine had several fit issues right out of the box. The nosecone didn't fit right; the wing flaps fell off if you looked at them funny; and the trap door in the nose, the front and rear landing gear doors and the air brake flap would all flop open at the slightest touch.

Yeah, that sounds rickety alright.

Nothing worse than being Yamato-ed!!

Nothing worse than being Yamato-ed!!

It's better to have been Yamato'd and lost than never been Yamato'd at all. Well, at least that's what my mom always told me. Edited by Benson13