1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

I weathered my 2nd 171 with the cracked NUNS triangle in anticipation of the upcoming super pack/missiles.
This one will stay primarily in fighter mode since it is also missing the under cockpit filler piece for battroid mode. (Stupid Bandai)

I think I did a better job weathering my second one with more subtle gradients and effects.

Sorry that the file sizes are now larger than normal. Google in their infinite stupidity decided to remove the in-album photo editor which I used to shrink the file sizes and replace it with utter garbage.

VF-171_Fighter2_01.jpg
VF-171_Fighter2_02.jpg
VF-171_01.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Gorgeous, gorgeous MJ!!! You've outdone yourself yet again. You are my standard to strive for. Perfect subtlety and great photography too. You should be proud, but must stop this... you keep convincing me to get Valkyries that I never really wanted ;-)

Gorgeous, gorgeous MJ!!! You've outdone yourself yet again. You are my standard to strive for. Perfect subtlety and great photography too. You should be proud, but must stop this... you keep convincing me to get Valkyries that I never really wanted ;-)

this!!! +1

Haha! Well, at least this time you already had one so I can't tempt you further ;)

Sold some, bought some, Here's my updated collection.

BEFORE (2-3 months ago?)

20130725_230554.jpg

AFTER ( I still have my 1D, just that I kept him in the box)

20130923_190059.jpg

I think I might go for 22S/21 next. I love the variety, but somehow I don't feel my collection :(. I guess because I'm a completist by nature but no cash to get the rest haha.

Sold some, bought some, Here's my updated collection.

BEFORE (2-3 months ago?)

20130725_230554.jpg

AFTER ( I still have my 1D, just that I kept him in the box)

20130923_190059.jpg

I think I might go for 22S/21 next. I love the variety, but somehow I don't feel my collection :(. I guess because I'm a completist by nature but no cash to get the rest haha.

Wow that gold colored Valk looks like the wreck that Hikaru was looking at resting in the ocean in the movie.

Looks awesome. Very well done. I envy you for your airbrush skills. it is possible to separate the armor panels from the rest of the armor or do you have to mask up everything with tape?

Second question: are there any already mixed up paints in spray cans that match the color of the animation?

I don't want to buy a whole airbrush set only for the Armor Parts of a CF Valkyrie. :p

Looks awesome. Very well done. I envy you for your airbrush skills. it is possible to separate the armor panels from the rest of the armor or do you have to mask up everything with tape?

Second question: are there any already mixed up paints in spray cans that match the color of the animation?

I don't want to buy a whole airbrush set only for the Armor Parts of a CF Valkyrie. :p

I couldn't figure out how to take the panels off so I pretty much masked off the majority of it using the tamiya masking tape and things like the nozzles and smaller details and nooks were masked off using micro liquitape.

It's hard to tell what the exact color should be based on the animation since it tends to vary by angle and lighting. I'd say a can of light gray would do the trick. Tamiya and Testor's among others make pre-mixed cans of paint.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I cannot for the life of me get the gunpods to attach to the arms on the V2's!

It's like the arm peg is too short.

What am I missing here?

I'm guessing in battroid mode? I have not really tried it, but in fighter it usually pegs in to one of the arms and holds fine while putting the gun pod on.

Edited by Loop

Mine stay on, but barely. Move it around and they'll fall off. I think the gun and mount points on the arm were designed to hold it securely when both arms are closed around the handle like in fighter mode. When you think about it, the length of each arm peg should be about half the depth of the hole in the handle, so you shouldn't expect it to attach all that well in gerwalk or battroid mods.

It'll work, just don't expect it to be secure. I have a valk displayed in gerwalk mode with the gun attached to his arm, and it stays on so long as I don't handle it. As soon as I pick it up to move it around, the gun falls right off.

3bb4d08a-a1df-46fe-8980-12783261e219_zps

I'm sure there more than few shots for these toys that the photographers are only able to pull of by placing everything just so, and holding their breath that the thing doesn't fall over before they can get their shots.