1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Hey guys, I just got my Roy's VF-1S today! Since you've seen that many times before, I decided to take the strike packs on a ride on my orange VF-1J. Pardon my amateurish photography skills. Sadly I ripped off a missile port on my new VF-1S while trying to take out the reaction missiles :wacko: . I got too excited as it's my first time owning a strike pack!

20131028_220020.jpg

Hey guys, I just got my Roy's VF-1S today! Since you've seen that many times before, I decided to take the strike packs on a ride on my orange VF-1J. Pardon my amateurish photography skills. Sadly I ripped off a missile port on my new VF-1S while trying to take out the reaction missiles :wacko: . I got too excited as it's my first time owning a strike pack!

20131028_220020.jpg

Happened to me too on my TV Hikaru 1S, just use super glue on it.

I'm just loving the VF11 shape... and the Nothung 2 from macross the ride i can't get out of my mind....... if only the vf11c be cheaper ill do a custom to the Nothung paint scheme ..
Well....here the VF11 squad :) they so nice
9mrx.jpg
ghnp.jpg
gby2.jpg

What type of stand is that?

Any tutorial for that mod? Looks really nice in that pose.

just had to drill a hole into the adapter

Are you serious!? I've always thought that those stage act stands could only hold lightweight figures. Guess i should get one now

well you have to balance it on both side , it abit obvious that you put it on the side by itself it going to tip over but the middle one good by itself... and with the extension rod is not recommended :p

Between the sugar induced hallucinations and spooky monsters, I hope nobody had any post-Halloween... Nightmares!

VF-17S%2520and%2520D.jpg

Okay, I'm done with the bad seasonal puns. I got it out of my system.

I despise you and your absolutely astonishing weathering techniques on Valks! :wub:

Today is Halloween. That means we need some monsters! RAAAR!

(Okay, I consider one a monster and the other an abomination :p)

BandaiYamato_VB-6.jpg

The one to the left looks really good but why did they decide to go with orange parts on the other one?

The one to the right must be the abomination. :p

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

To be fair, they are based on two different versions of the Monster.

They are not meant to be the same.

Well to clear things up further, yes and no. They are supposed to be the same in the sense that they are both the VB-6 König Monster. No, in the sense that the Yamato one was based on hand drawn line art (and still failed miserably at it anyway) and appearance featured in VF-X2, while the one Bandai's is based on was the Frontier VB-6 that had to be re-done (and probably retcon'd) to have less parts shifting/shape changing/anime magic since it was being modeled in CG. So as a result, the cannons were made shorter, legs thinner and slightly more aerodynamic, etc.

I believe Yamato's was based off a resin kit (shown below) and retooled with modifications and simplified to make it more suitable for a toy.

post-10222-0-76346300-1383511967_thumb.jpgpost-10222-0-27856400-1383511968_thumb.jpgpost-10222-0-74007600-1383511968_thumb.jpg

On another note, I was trying to make a new avatar pic last night and while it comes out all blurry when shrunken down for avatar pic size and thus not very good for that purpose, this is probably my favorite SDF-1 shot to date with the angle and mix of light and dark so I thought I would share. I think the only thing missing is a bunch of tiny light trails swirling around it like a scene from DYRL. I suck at Photoshop and don't have an ounce of skill with it so I'm not even going to attempt it.

SDF-1_SA_16.jpg