1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Haha. What, you don't like Beaker? That Basara is pretty awful though. I don't know what they were thinking when they made the mold for him.

They were thinking, you know what who cares? We're going out of business anyway!

Quite night at home.....got a few valks out of the case to mess with....the "come get some" armored bunch..... Figures by EXO

one of the best displayed collections here on MW.

armor is good!... and I recently nabbed a set for my Max 1S. Here are my Super Max vaks.

post-8437-0-16863600-1366341582_thumb.jpg

seats are good too... used the spare for my 1J w/ GBP-1S

post-8437-0-53046800-1366341589_thumb.jpg

on a side note, i noticed a slight discoloration on the shoulder part (the part that attaches to the shoulder hinge ball joint) of my VF-1A Max. It looks like it's made of POM not ABS. DYRL off-white seems immune to this discoloration...

Nice I see you did the same thing with that spare seat from you super pack that I did when I got the DYRL Cannon Fodder. Good news I was able to locate a VF-19P on Amazon.com and bought it for $275.00. Can't wait to get it, should have gotten it sooner.

I've spent the past few days working on some valks. Been feeling rather unmotivated to do much with my valks the past few months, but I'm slowly getting through my backlog of recent acquisitions.

This is probably the best I can do with my 19 without being able to put any clear coats on it.

VF-19F_Fighter_01.jpg

VF-19F_Fighter_02.jpg

VF-19F_Fighter_03.jpg

VF-19F_Fighter_04.jpg

VF-19F_Fighter_05.jpg

VF-19F_Fighter_06.jpg

VF-19F_Fighter_07.jpg

VF-19F_Fighter_08.jpg

VF-19F_GERWALK_01.jpg

VF-19F_GERWALK_02.jpg

VF-19F_GERWALK_03.jpg

VF-19F_Battroid_01.jpg

VF-19F_Battroid_02.jpg

(Guess there's a limit to the number of images I can put in a single post.)

I didn't do anything special with my VF-4G. No amazing custom paint jobs like a bunch of people have done. Just stuck with the default and tried to make it look as good as I could.
Repainted the beam guns and and metallic brass on the insides of the nozzles. Airbrushed on the weathering and did a flat coat.
VF-4_Fighter_01.jpg
VF-4_Fighter_02.jpg
VF-4_Fighter_03.jpg
VF-4_Fighter_04.jpg
VF-4_Fighter_05.jpg
VF-4_Fighter_06.jpg
VF-4_Fighter_07.jpg
VF-4_Fighter_08.jpg
VF-4_Fighter_09.jpg
VF-4_GERWALK_01.jpg
VF-4_GERWALK_02.jpg
VF-4_GERWALK_03.jpg
VF-4_Battroid_01.jpg
VF-4_Battroid_02.jpg
VF-4_Battroid_03.jpg
VF-4_Battroid_04.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I've spent the past few days working on some valks. Been feeling rather unmotivated to do much with my valks the past few months, but I'm slowly getting through my backlog of recent acquisitions.

This is probably the best I can do with my 19 without being able to put any clear coats on it.

VF-19F_GERWALK_03.jpg

Man that looks really sharp! It looks polished yet subdued at the same time! What did you do to make the colors stand out like that? or is this all camera and lighting?

Edited by plastik

Junkie you really brought that 4G to life man. For me I like subtle weathering and panel lining and you always seem to know exactly how much is needed and never go overboard. Just imagine how many valks you could own if you started to do the occasional commission.

I own every single one of those. Seeing them all side by side like that really puts into perspective how much I spent on this hobby over the past several years :mellow:

(no regrets!) B))

Edited by xrentonx

Nice work Macross Junkie on on the 19 and the VF-4. I too have been in a bit of a funk too myself and being hospitalized took the wind out of my sails when it comes to making plans to decal my VF-17D and VF-19F. Finally got around to putting the decals on the the 17D first on Monday while watching Defience and Revolution, a little trimming there and here and presto done by 10:30pm. And I just pulled out the sticker sheet for the 19F now so once I get dinner started I'll start trimming them too.

Nice work Macross Junkie on on the 19 and the VF-4. I too have been in a bit of a funk too myself and being hospitalized took the wind out of my sails when it comes to making plans to decal my VF-17D and VF-19F. Finally got around to putting the decals on the the 17D first on Monday while watching Defience and Revolution, a little trimming there and here and presto done by 10:30pm. And I just pulled out the sticker sheet for the 19F now so once I get dinner started I'll start trimming them too.

Take pictures!

okay okay just to let you know I did take some pictures so I am uploading them from my sd card from my camera: Howeve I got bad news I just got word from Amazon that the seller selling VF-19P had to cancel my order cause he did not have it in stock. If you knew you didn't have it in stock, would you keep it listed? know I gotta look elswherefor a 19P

okay not able to post as many picture from my computer like I did in the past but here are some more until I upload them on my photo sharing site

post-269-1217269_thumb.jpg

post-269-1925062_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Junkie you really brought that 4G to life man. For me I like subtle weathering and panel lining and you always seem to know exactly how much is needed and never go overboard. Just imagine how many valks you could own if you started to do the occasional commission.

Thanks! I think I've finally got comfortable enough to use an airbrush to do weathering more often. It's very hard to achieve subtlety with the tamiya weathering kits and actually a bit more time consuming as well. they still have their place and uses though. I'm still not comfortable enough to trust myself to doing other people's valks however.

The blue on that 19F looks amazing in those photos.

Yeah, ithe photos came out pretty vibrantly. I was actually considering desaturating the photos to tone it down some.

I hope you're doing better now!

MacrossJunkie, that 19F is beautiful. You make even the Yamato stickers look good. But don't you have issues with the weathering rubbing off without any kind of clear coating?

Thanks. Actually, I did the weathering with acrylic paint instead of the tamiya powders that I normally use which would require a clear coat. I handled the valk for a while through a bunch of transformations without any of the paint coming off.

Secondly, when I say clear coat, I more mean it in the sense of how I use it for all my other valks that I do this sort of thing with. In that I cover the entire valk with layers of a clear finish to both protect weathering and give it a final finish with either a semi-gloss or flat look. For the 19F, the weathering itself had a different, flatter sheen than the glossy plastic, which looked kinda bad so I had to blend it by lightly spraying a bit of gloss coat over the areas that I had sprayed weathering on.just to hide the different sheen of the weathering. So in this case, I selectively sprayed a few areas with Future to give it better uniformity, I avoided the front of the legs, some of the underside, the nose cone, and the side of the legs. It's not ideal and I would have preferred using a semi-gloss if I could, but there's just too much part rubbing to allow that. So I went with a compromise by keeping it glossy so I wouldn't need to coat the entire thing and the areas I did spray wouldn't look out of place.

You seriously take some pretty pictures, man. Love that black background and the lighting. It shows off those weathered Valks of yours real nice! :)

I hope to own a nice camera some day ^_^