HG and Robotech Debates

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with this pic that I found...?

I grew up watching Robotech...and have since moved on to DYRL Mac Plus, Mac 7 and so on...however...THAT poster is just plain WRONG.....LOL :rolleyes:

Edited by azrael

It can really get on someone's nerves when RT fans just arbitrarily take Macross pictures, and use them as false representation. Yeah, Misa/Lisa is in DYRL as well, but DYRL was specifically Macross, and never used for Robotech. It's funny that RT fans have this insatiable desire to use everything Macross, and Macross fans don't want anything Robotech interfering with the Macross franchise. It's like the loser step-child wanting to be like daddy, and never, ever being able to even come close...even moreso now.

This sounds like a fun thing to do! Let's just steal any Macross picture and slap Robotech on it.

flashbackcap03robo.jpg

macrossfrontierwallpape.png

macrosscaptiansrobo.jpg

moe08rankarobo.jpg

nekkibasararobo.jpg

And finally, since some Robotech fans have no shame :lol:

shojikawamoriwithjetsro.jpg

Edited by mrhillz

The Zor Master himself Kawamori, Shaper of the Protoculture. He knows the secret to the Flower of Life from the protoculture boost he got many years ago. Look at him fly those veritech fighters around while listening to My Time To Be A Star. On the table there are rejected veritech designs that got cancelled because the Hovertank and Alpha Fighter were too awesome.

In this day and age of Google image searches, lazy/underpaid designers will often just type what they need just copy the prettiest image they have into Photoshop. If you look at the streaming site Jaman, they use a picture of Macross 7 in place of Macross II on their thumbnail

http://www.jaman.com/search/?query=macross

Edited by Darkwater

I noticed that the new screen comparisons of R2: the Sentinels has one image larger than the other. Does that mean that they are clipping some of the video? They must be doing a half assed cleanup as well, as it doesn't look that clean. Maybe it's early, and there will be more cleanup, but this still doesn't make the set worth $100.

I went to the Otakon this weekend; I missed Noboru Ishiguro but I caught the Macross DeCulture & Tony Oliver panels. Macross Deculture was like a Macross for Dummies panel for newbies. Tony Oliver was a real nice guy and I found out he is going to be involved in the Robotech sidequel.

I went to the Otakon this weekend; I missed Noboru Ishiguro but I caught the Macross DeCulture & Tony Oliver panels. Macross Deculture was like a Macross for Dummies panel for newbies. Tony Oliver was a real nice guy and I found out he is going to be involved in the Robotech sidequel.

You do realize that you've unleashed the biggest spoiler ever. Now that we know Rick Hunter will be in the sidequel, all of the HG staff will hunt you down for spoiling their ace card.

You do realize that you've unleashed the biggest spoiler ever. Now that we know Rick Hunter will be in the sidequel, all of the HG staff will hunt you down for spoiling their ace card.

He said "Involved", that does not mean he has a VA part... (it's another tease, like when cereal companies claim their stuff is made using real food - simply because the employees ate real food while boxing up the rat turds).

Even if he does do the Rick Hunter part, it will probably consist of him telling the Mars Expidition (or whichever one it is) to go to Earth, part done.

Tony wouldn't confirm what his part in the sidequel will be..I tried but that's still a secret but I suspect he'll be voicing some character.

Oh yeah baby I can't wait to see his old Lick Hantaa again. He was so masterful in Shadow Chronicles. No Vince there's a flaw with the missiles! Man that part was EXCITING! Then Vince was like oops sorry lol. We'll call this one The NICKELS MANEUVER! I was like OMG dude this is too cool. I gotta go watch it again to get ready for the return of da man.

The question is....WHY??? If it's to give a nod to th Macross characters, NEWS FLASH!!! Macross is the nod to its own legacy. Stop trying to hack together your own crap based off of someone else, and write blaze your own trail. Stop living off the coattails of the success of Macross.

The question is....WHY??? If it's to give a nod to th Macross characters, NEWS FLASH!!! Macross is the nod to its own legacy. Stop trying to hack together your own crap based off of someone else, and write blaze your own trail. Stop living off the coattails of the success of Macross.

Tisk tisk. You need competent people to accomplish that... when they realize they need to reboot, most fans will probably be in wheelchairs..with bed pans...or in the ground.

Oh yeah baby I can't wait to see his old Lick Hantaa again. He was so masterful in Shadow Chronicles. No Vince there's a flaw with the missiles! Man that part was EXCITING! Then Vince was like oops sorry lol. We'll call this one The NICKELS MANEUVER! I was like OMG dude this is too cool. I gotta go watch it again to get ready for the return of da man.

Hold on hold on, lemme break my caps lock key.

OMG! OMG! OMG! TONY OLIVER IS IN THIS. RICK HUNTER WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 ZOMG!!!!!

Oh look at that, the caps lock key still works.... :rolleyes:

Doesn't Tony Oliver do more than voice work these days?

Yah. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0031407/

Hold on hold on, lemme break my caps lock key.

OMG! OMG! OMG! TONY OLIVER IS IN THIS. RICK HUNTER WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 ZOMG!!!!!

Oh look at that, the caps lock key still works.... :rolleyes:

Sure, in context he might be sending a ton of people to their deaths to save earth in a side story, but "Rick Hunter" is back!

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, RICK HUNTER HAS ENTERED THE BUILDING!!!!" ( -deafening cheers from the crowds- )

(the massive audience, score upon score of dedicated RICK HUNTER fanatics, waving their lit cigarette lighters in the air in perfect unison,

singing in a thunderous, harmonic chorus: " NAHHH, NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAH-NAHH, NAH-NAH-NAH-NAHH, HE-EY RICK!! ("Hey Jude" -THE BEATLES))

Edited by Shaorin

Tony Oliver was a real nice guy and I found out he is going to be involved in the Robotech sidequel.

Just a guess, but perhaps he will deliver some sort of Eisenhower-esque Operation Overlord speech about 'the great crusade you are now undertaking to reclaim our ancestral homeworld' or some such.

:shrugs:

They're going to have to mention Hunter's name if this is supposed to be Invasion since he is the Earth Reclamation Force C-in-C. Of course, that is assuming that whomever is writing this decided to have that type of thing.

Well, speaking of Tony Oliver, I have this nice piece of evidence that shows the original voice actors on Robotech had a little fun with their jobs by adding a little extra dialogue. :lol:

First, watch this Macross clip for about, oh, 20 seconds. (yes, you have to sit through the ad)

Next, LISTEN, and don't watch to this exact same scene in Robotech. (again, another ad)

You sick puppies :p

Well, speaking of Tony Oliver, I have this nice piece of evidence that shows the original voice actors on Robotech had a little fun with their jobs by adding a little extra dialogue. :lol:

First, watch this Macross clip for about, oh, 20 seconds. (yes, you have to sit through the ad)

Next, LISTEN, and don't watch to this exact same scene in Robotech. (again, another ad)

You sick puppies :p

"It's a geyser!"

Neko_Robotech_01.jpg

That's a book published in Argentina in the 90's about robotech and how it was done, DYRL?, games, toys and other merchandise. I have a copy of it.

Remember who we're talking about.....They'd include anything just for more Robotech. <_<

Case in point: the last post in this thread...

http://www.disciplesofzor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=191&sid=056cc14b6d921ceb0fd1da1a95b3eff7

Of course, if I were the one with the infinitely deep piggybank full of loot, I'd just acquire a bunch of other 1980s robot anime and dub them to expand the Robotech universe. My personal candidates:

Dorvack, which would work as a parallel to Southern Cross.

Dougram, which is already "part" of Robotech via the model kits and can be a prequel to Southern Cross if handled correctly.

Galvion, which has some artistic links to New Generation and might be worthwhile as a side story to that era.

Vifam, a series that can be dovetailed into the Dorvack and Dougram series.

Layzner, which, while dated, could also fit with the others here.

I don't know if I'd bother with Macross 7. I like it, and it has its charms, but I think with Shadow Chronicles it's superfluous to where Robotech seems to be headed.

Silly, silly Robotech fans... :rolleyes:

Case in point: the last post in this thread...

http://www.disciplesofzor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=191&sid=056cc14b6d921ceb0fd1da1a95b3eff7

Silly, silly Robotech fans... :rolleyes:

Some RT fans are so special, short bus special. They have this dream that they're going to wake up, and it's going to be 1985 all over again. I don't get it, but then again, that reference above is more likely from someone who has no clue what is current, what is in and out of style when it comes to trends in anime, and probably doesn't even really know or care much for anime to begin with.

What about Zillion? That uses designs from the Sentinels and features variable tricycles. Throw in Galient as like a medieval Robotech. And hey, Carl Macek headed up the dub of Dunbine so you can combine it with Galient to form the LORD OF THE ROBOTECH Duology.