Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

from macross mecha manual: The stripes on the dorsal and ventral fuselage of Gamlin's VF-17D fighter, normally white in color, were repainted with a light blue color. The blue colors also became standard marking for members of Diamond Force and as such Docker, Physica, Dick and Morry all piloted VF-17D variable fighters painted with blue highlights.

So, it all really depends on whether the the -17D will be Diamond Force or not. If it is Diamond Force, then the stripes should be blue. If not, they should be white. I think we all know what course of action Yamato will be taking by this reasoning....

So, it all really depends on whether the the -17D will be Diamond Force or not. If it is Diamond Force, then the stripes should be blue. If not, they should be white. I think we all know what course of action Yamato will be taking by this reasoning....

Considering the 19S/F area already being advertised as Emerald Force and Gamlin was the lead of Diamond Force I guarantee those stripes will be Blue so people can complete Gamlin's entire squadron.

Have we ever even seen a non-Diamond force VF-17D in animation? Why would Yamato make one?

Then again, maybe Kawamori will swoop in and declare that the blue stripes were an animation error. Then we'll have to wait for the Super Pack bundle to get the proper blue stripes

M7 Dynamite Episode Three I believe. It was the teal VF-17D (a non-DForce variant). http://macross2.net/m3/macross7/variant-vf-17d-teal.htm

Bad ass. Red with white trim and cool grey underside.

That’s the VF-17T “Trainer”, which is a modified version of the standard variable fighter featuring an extended nose and cockpit section to allow a second seat for an additional operator.

post-12283-0-60335500-1323756157_thumb.jpg

Source: Macross Mecha Manual

Well, we don’t know yet; this is nearly the same design than the VF-17T Sound Force Custom and I think to remember having read somewhere Yamato may consider releasing the whole Sound Force set. So who knows, maybe in the distant future…?

Am I too optimistic? :lol:

Oh, it's definitely another option for the trainer model, but so far, they've been really skimpy on milking the M7 molds.

Well, ok, I shouldn't say that. They skimped on the VF-11. There are a lot of potential repaints for that, and they never did any.

It's just that compared with the VF-1, NOTHING in Macross has as many variations in canon. There's just so many versions of it.

As far as M+/7 go, they've done all they could with the YF-21/VF-22, and they're starting on the VF-19, but who knows how many repaints of that we'll see. I'm hoping for at least one from the Master File, but if all else fails, I just might kitbash a white VF-19F using the P model later.

I'm hoping for sound force as well, but not holding my breath. What concerns me about repaints of these newer molds is that people just don't have the money to buy multiples anymore, if even singles.

That's a shame that vf-11 didn't do well I like to think of the vf-11 as a zaku for macross. It looks basic and simple so it will never be as popular as yf-19, but its mass produced look goes well wiith the hero robot in a group display. No matter how many get blown up in the show for being 'old' it is still a cool looking plane. The toy itself was well done too. I like all the modes.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

That’s the VF-17T “Trainer”, which is a modified version of the standard variable fighter featuring an extended nose and cockpit section to allow a second seat for an additional operator.

post-12283-0-60335500-1323756157_thumb.jpg

Source: Macross Mecha Manual

And a giant sub-woofer at its centre?

Damn, they just need to cave in, and do the 17 for Ray/Vefidas. Heck, they might as well do the 11 Max-L as well. As over-the-top as the pink is on that one, it'd make the set complete, and I'd buy them both in a heartbeat.

Damn, they just need to cave in, and do the 17 for Ray/Vefidas. Heck, they might as well do the 11 Max-L as well. As over-the-top as the pink is on that one, it'd make the set complete, and I'd buy them both in a heartbeat.

There were rumblings that they are considering doing that. If the 17's sell well it's possible they'll make a Soundforce version. I think in one of the pics there was mention of a possible Max-L as well.