Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

So people can't voice differing opinions on this thing? Everyone seems to jump on anyone who says anything negative about this thing, but c'mon, it's not like we have to lick Yamato's a-hole every time they, put a toy out. This thing is expensive and if it isn't perfect or can be criticized in any way then by god we can and should complain about it, geez.

So people can't voice differing opinions on this thing? Everyone seems to jump on anyone who says anything negative about this thing, but c'mon, it's not like we have to lick Yamato's a-hole every time they, put a toy out. This thing is expensive and if it isn't perfect or can be criticized in any way then by god we can and should complain about it, geez.

You do have a point, but why scrutinize a toy, by looking only at pics before actually handling it? 99% of us don't even speak or read Japanese so we have no idea what's written in the last interview that's been posted ^_^

We can comment on the looks of the toy but we have no clue how it works!!

For example: if you look at the shoulders you can clearly see there's a pin, and since we love to jump into conclusions I'm just waiting for someone to determine that the shoulder articulation will inevitably self destruct!!!

well I second the gap issue, even Bandai avoids gaps on its last release with the VF-25F

The gaps would be even more obvious if it was a white plane.....

And Tking22 is right ! :)

it is not a 100 USD toy ! -_-

Panic mode is activated for sure (big gaps everywhere)

07s.jpg

Edited by Ghostkiller

You do have a point, but why scrutinize a toy, by looking only at pics before actually handling it? 99% of us don't even speak or read Japanese so we have no idea what's written in the last interview that's been posted ^_^

For example: if you look at the shoulders you can clearly see there's a pin, and since we love to jump into conclusions I'm just waiting for someone to determine that the shoulder articulation will inevitably self destruct!!!

I handled the toy a while ago and I have no idea what any of you are talking about. It feels great, and it looks good.

I don't know, I can understand people getting pissy at me because at this point I would only get a 17 if the D is released and there's a price drop, it's really low on my want list since it's fairly ugly to me,which I've posted before and people complained at me before, of course I really don't give a crap what anyone thinks. But, there are many others on here that get mildly blasted after having shown some sort of interest in getting one when it is released and have considered pre-ordering, then they see the pics and it's like everyone has to shun the unbeliever. I know it's too early to judge blah, blah, blah, I still think people should be able to hit as many uh "panic buttons" as they want, this is an expensive as figure so I think it is more than justified, and it does look gappy.

Because posting the fact you're not going to buy a toy in a thread all about it isn't totally just a goofy +1 post

obviously

I think at this point your opinion is pretty biased, it's fairly evident now you're excited for it, others were as well but the pics really aren't helping. I just think it's childish to say people shouldn't post in a thread about something they won't buy or are on the edge about buying, I mean this is a forum, that's what this place is for, I think people should stop being pissy about not liking the differing opinions some people have about toys they already obviously love. I mean if you love the toy isn't that enough for you? Does it really bother you that much that someone else doesn't like it? C'mon people these things are expensive, I think it is a good idea to have a few negative or differing opinions about these kinds of things, just because something is expensive it doesn't mean it's perfect.

I think at this point your opinion is pretty biased, it's fairly evident now you're excited for it, others were as well but the pics really aren't helping. I just think it's childish to say people shouldn't post in a thread about something they won't buy or are on the edge about buying, I mean this is a forum, that's what this place is for, I think people should stop being pissy about not liking the differing opinions some people have about toys they already obviously love. I mean if you love the toy isn't that enough for you? Does it really bother you that much that someone else doesn't like it? C'mon people these things are expensive, I think it is a good idea to have a few negative or differing opinions about these kinds of things, just because something is expensive it doesn't mean it's perfect.

Offering well-based and useful criticism is one thing, but the last thing MW needs is more whinging over assumptions made based on pictures of non-final products. If the toy turns out to have some flaw or gap or what-have-you WHEN YOU HAVE IT IN HAND, then that's one thing. Being a baby about things you have no first-hand experience with is absurd, and bringing them up again and again is of no use.

I think at this point your opinion is pretty biased,

Well duh.

I just think it's childish to say people shouldn't post in a thread about something they won't buy or are on the edge about buying, I mean this is a forum, that's what this place is for, I think people should stop being pissy about not liking the differing opinions some people have about toys they already obviously love. I mean if you love the toy isn't that enough for you? Does it really bother you that much that someone else doesn't like it? C'mon people these things are expensive, I think it is a good idea to have a few negative or differing opinions about these kinds of things, just because something is expensive it doesn't mean it's perfect.

I don't care if these things are expensive. It's just money. I can buy it now or save up and buy it later. Doesn't matter to me. However, if you wish to join the ranks of dozens of people who cluttered the Fire Valkyrie thread with complaints about how the figure looked or how they were going to wait for a later variant or what have you then I do not approve. If your opinion is just, "I don't like how it looks" well fine but posting about it isn't going to change the design. Negative opinions for the sake of negativity are not valuable to discussion.

All I'm saying is that it isn't out yet, so nobodies opinion is more credible or biased than anyone else's. I remember the prototypes of the new 19 not looking anywhere near as bad as these, the paint was off but not the mold, the mold on this is looking gappy and flawed. I personally don't like this thing anyway, but like I said others did and the new pics aren't helping. I don't think anyone is being negative for the sake of being negative, I don't know where you got that, obviously the design won't change and that's not what anyone is hoping for, people are just voicing opinions. Once again why are you all so bothered by people not liking the toy that you do, to each his own, what are we 12? Nobody expects anything on this to change, it's all just opinions, everyone on this site needs to relax, it's like it's a crime to really like a toy to much but to also dislike a toy in the slightest because then you're a hater without a reason, it's why a lot of the toy community hates MW. Hardly anyone got hands on with this thing, and that wasn't even a finished product, so who knows, this thing could be great, or it could a $300+ mistake, is it really that bad that people create criticisms off a figure based on the only way they can? I mean nobody will really know until it's out, why is it so absurd to make opinions and assumptions based on the only thing we have, pictures, these things are a big investment, how you handle your money is your business, I really don't think it's absurd to have restrictions and doubts about a toy that will end up costing a small fortune.

All I'm saying is that it isn't out yet, so nobodies opinion is more credible or biased than anyone else's. I remember the prototypes of the new 19 not looking anywhere near as bad as these, the paint was off but not the mold, the mold on this is looking gappy and flawed. I personally don't like this thing anyway, but like I said others did and the new pics aren't helping. I don't think anyone is being negative for the sake of being negative, I don't know where you got that, obviously the design won't change and that's not what anyone is hoping for, people are just voicing opinions. Once again why are you all so bothered by people not liking the toy that you do, to each his own, what are we 12? Nobody expects anything on this to change, it's all just opinions, everyone on this site needs to relax, it's like it's a crime to really like a toy to much but to also dislike a toy in the slightest because then you're a hater without a reason, it's why a lot of the toy community hates MW. Hardly anyone got hands on with this thing, and that wasn't even a finished product, so who knows, this thing could be great, or it could a $300+ mistake, is it really that bad that people create criticisms off a figure based on the only way they can? I mean nobody will really know until it's out, why is it so absurd to make opinions and assumptions based on the only thing we have, pictures, these things are a big investment, how you handle your money is your business, I really don't think it's absurd to have restrictions and doubts about a toy that will end up costing a small fortune.

If you don't like the design, think $300 is too much, and aren't even considering buying one, then why sit in this thread and voice unfounded assumptions? Why not let the people who are on the fence decide if they are going to be an early adopter or wait for people to get a feel for the final shipped toys and leave it at that? Toy people do not like MW because of the rampant speculation and hyper-reactionary panic, not because of the useful discussion of toys in-hand.

If you don't like the design, think $300 is too much, and aren't even considering buying one, then why sit in this thread and voice unfounded assumptions? Why not let the people who are on the fence decide if they are going to be an early adopter or wait for people to get a feel for the final shipped toys and leave it at that? Toy people do not like MW because of the rampant speculation and hyper-reactionary panic, not because of the useful discussion of toys in-hand.

Simply put, because I can, why are you so bothered by me not liking it? This a forum, I can't say this any nicer but deal with it. That aside, literally the entire time I have been attempting to defend the people on the fence because I don't care either way. Remember the 19 prototype shots? People had complaints about then but it came and and BAM it was gorgeous, but guess what else happened, the ankles turned out be a huge problem for a lot of people. It's weird, the ankles were the only issue but we had no way of seeing that from pics, we just had to deal with it after pre-ordering and taking the plunge, now with the 17, we can see flaws and you think people should just pull the trigger and hope? All I'm saying is that I think it is safer for people to be weary and really decipher and inspect ANY shots we get before release. Yamato has been putting out some beautiful stuff, but then serious problems end up popping up that cause people to end up selling the figure they just bought for a fraction of the cost and they're left feeling cheated. Oh and ALL the people I've talked to hate MW because they have simple questions or restrictions or criticisms about something then BAM, they get torn down by some a-hole know-it-all, that or they dare to second guess Yamato in all its glory.

I love it when people get all panicky, pre-release about resin prototypes or ABS-test shots, which are often loose and have gaps, before final modification of the tooling.

Graham

I’ve noticed some paint scheme peculiarities. For instance, I don’t know if there should be any visible yellow stripes on the underside of the fighter; they wouldn’t be there had Yamato painted this last sample’s shoulders like the ones of the original resin prototype we can still see in their web site.

Just want to point out, the coloured shoulder stripes are also visible on the fighter mode underside of the Bandai 1/65 DX VF-17S/D toys.

Graham

ITT: People complain about other people cluttering the thread with negative opinions, while cluttering the thread with discussions on whether negative opinions should be posted.

Long live the internets

Hey how can I let people know my opinions any other way

I love it when people get all panicky, pre-release about resin prototypes or ABS-test shots, which are often loose and have gaps, before final modification of the tooling.

Graham

Just want to point out, the coloured shoulder stripes are also visible on the fighter mode underside of the Bandai 1/65 DX VF-17S/D toys.

Graham

Maybe someone should talk to Yamato about getting their hands on a finished product instead of more prototypes so we won't have to deal with this anymore. The final version of the 19 was gorgeous but perhaps if someone got there hands on it early they could have warned Yamato about the ankles, a lot of people bit the bullet on that, I sold my 19 Kai and Sound Booster the day before yesterday because it could no longer stand in battroid mode. But, before anyone else bitches at me for not liking the same toy as them, is the D all but confirmed at this point?

What more confirmation do you need other than yamato has made everything seen in the shows used by main characters?

It's in the opening even.

You never know, it seems like after the Kai they would have done the other sound force valks first, or at least Mylene's VF-11, but they instead did the 17.

I don't have a problem with people posting about their issues with a product. Heck, if they wanna sound whiny abut something they haven't ever seen in person, or touched, that's on them. Attempting to make assessmnts based on assumptions, misunderstood pictures, and then coming to unfounded conclusions, just shows ignorance, and a lack of foresight. OK, so it looks like there are gaps. Did anyone bother to think it wasn't transformed fully to show some mechanics? Maybe they're showing how something operates? Maybe, the other pics that look like mistransformations, or mid-step transformations are a clue that maybe they're highlightling a feature. If one doesn't like the design, I don't care. That's their opinion. I'd only caution about basing those opinions on design features, or lack thereof, that one hasn't yet seen, or handled yet. If there's an issue after that, then run away with the complaining.

And just so that it's known, I'm not ponting this at anyone, nor am I trying to pick at anyone. Just making an observation.

You never know, it seems like after the Kai they would have done the other sound force valks first, or at least Mylene's VF-11, but they instead did the 17.

You never know when THE BEES are gonna strike the Wickerman either.

But I'd take that bet that after making one toy, they would make the same one again with a new head and stripes like they did for 20 VF-1 toys.

It's all about patterns.

The 17 is a more or less a week from being released and yet we don't know how much tampo printing it’ll have. You take that and add a promotion based on just showing the proto again and again and you get confused potential buyers that see gaps that are no longer there.

Thank the stars we had Renato touching the production sample to give us feedback.

So, IMO, it’s normal for some people to voice negative opinions about a $300 product they don’t even know how it looks finished days before release. With the current stinking super yen going higher and higher, well, you get pickier about what you buy.

You never know when THE BEES are gonna strike the Wickerman either.

But I'd take that bet that after making one toy, they would make the same one again with a new head and stripes like they did for 20 VF-1 toys.

It's all about patterns.

I'm thinking after the 17 drops, the next things we will see will be the retooled and designed sound force VF-17 and VF-11, it just seems like the next obvious move.

The 17 is a more or less a week from being released and yet we don't know how much tampo printing it’ll have. You take that and add a promotion based on just showing the proto again and again and you get confused potential buyers that see gaps that are no longer there.

Thank the stars we had Renato touching the production sample to give us feedback.

So, IMO, it’s normal for some people to voice negative opinions about a $300 product they don’t even know how it looks finished days before release. With the current stinking super yen going higher and higher, well, you get pickier about what you buy.

This, and after all the ankle issues with the 19 I'd just caution people to be more reserved or at least be weary when it comes to any new expensive Yamato products. I'm not saying this thing will be full of flaws, far from in fact, it could end up being one of Yamato's best releases, but I too am concerned, or at least curious as to why we haven't seen a finished product shot yet. Renato messed with it yes, but he also didn't completely transform it into Gerwalk or Battroid, I mean we've barely seen any perfectly transformed shots of even the prototype, this close to release we all saw how the finished 19 looked.

It will have as many markings as it does in the show. A few UN Spacy kites and the Diamond Force logo. That's literally all it has had since 1994 and there's no Master doujin File to give us anything else.

And again I must point out that we are not part of Yamato's audience. We are a secondary market at best.

It will have as many markings as it does in the show. A few UN Spacy kites and the Diamond Force logo. That's literally all it has had since 1994 and there's no Master doujin File to give us anything else.

And again I must point out that we are not part of Yamato's audience. We are a secondary market at best.

Too true, it's almost depressing.

Graham

It’s not that it bothers me at all; I just mentioned that because I noticed the difference between the painted prototype and the newer sample. I prefer the older way but I still love what I see.

The one thing that is really throwing this release into the confusion, seems to be the fact that, like many have said, we only see prototype pics. It also doesn't help when it's black, and isn't supposed to have very much tampo printing, so the idea of wanting to simply know these things, and not being able to make a lot of assessments is a lot different than before. At least it seems that way. I will trust Renato, and the fact that he says it's pretty solid, should mean well.

I handled the toy a while ago and I have no idea what any of you are talking about. It feels great, and it looks good.

That was the intention of my post. Until we handle the toy we're just giving an opinion just by looking at a picture! ;)

Jumping to unfounded conclusions, freaking out about a made up issue are not "criticisms". It's just freaking out about non issues. Just like when people were freaking out about the 19s gunpod being angled in the test shots and some of us pointed out that it was likely that the gunpod collapsed but no, the panic train continued till the toy came actually came out and lo and behold, the gunpod COLLAPSED.

Other pics CLEARLY show that the wing gloves slide in and sit flush with the central back plate which would make the gaps disapear, ergo, there IS NO GAP issue.

post-19-0-92808400-1324524571_thumb.jpg

wing gloves slid in some

post-19-0-92665100-1324524592_thumb.jpg

wing gloves pulled out more, you can easily see the lock tabs for holding them in place here

post-19-0-57931700-1324524608_thumb.jpg

LOOK at the wing glove position.

So, don't get your panties in a bunch just because someone is correcting someone else's mistaken belief in a toy that hasn't even come out you.

If you don't like it, whatever. That's your personal taste, I couldn't care less. But I'm addressing the mistaken belief that the gerwalk is "gappy" when it's pretty clear that yamato followed the line art and made the wing gloves slide in.

Jumping to unfounded conclusions, freaking out about a made up issue are not "criticisms". It's just freaking out about non issues. Just like when people were freaking out about the 19s gunpod being angled in the test shots and some of us pointed out that it was likely that the gunpod collapsed but no, the panic train continued till the toy came actually came out and lo and behold, the gunpod COLLAPSED.

Other pics CLEARLY show that the wing gloves slide in and sit flush with the central back plate which would make the gaps disapear, ergo, there IS NO GAP issue.

post-19-0-92808400-1324524571_thumb.jpg

wing gloves slid in some

post-19-0-92665100-1324524592_thumb.jpg

wing gloves pulled out more, you can easily see the lock tabs for holding them in place here

post-19-0-57931700-1324524608_thumb.jpg

LOOK at the wing glove position.

So, don't get your panties in a bunch just because someone is correcting someone else's mistaken belief in a toy that hasn't even come out you.

If you don't like it, whatever. That's your personal taste, I couldn't care less. But I'm addressing the mistaken belief that the gerwalk is "gappy" when it's pretty clear that yamato followed the line art and made the wing gloves slide in.

That's good information to know and I didn't notice that before but I'm not sure that's the issue people are having concerning "gaps." There's a lot of different types of gaps people could focus on. I was curious which gap in particular people were having issues with.