Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

The only 17 I'm interested in is this one;

vf-17d-teal-battroid.gif

IMHO the head is much more 'traditional' and just looks leaps and bounds more bad ass - also the colour scheme will display all the fine panel lines and details much better.

Of course I will get this scheme when and if it ever comes out and when it goes on sale.

I am a patient man.

i think i'm gonna pass for this bird..

first it's to damn expensive and second .. i just hate the design.. look bulky i rather like the vf 171 design.. but i do hope the trend for yamato releasing a valk with a price over 19000 yen will end.. and i'm still waiting for a miracle release of a vf 4 for the 30th anniversary .. coz you know 2012 is the year when misa and hikaru lift off to space with the vf 4 as the main fighter for the fleet

good point....damn i hope yamato or bandai are listening right now..i want a VF 4 damn it as well as the VF 14 and a 19a...

Hmm, look at the difference in that lineart versus the photos. I wonder if it's just physically impossible to get that chest plate any lower. It sits flush with the shoulders in the line art whereas on those toys it's well above that, which is why the chin is obfuscated.

Edited by Mommar

honnestly, why should Yamato listen to us for what to make next, like the VF-4 or other valks, when the vf-17 was one of the top wanted toys from Yamato to make next in these forums, and now many people are skipping it because they dont like it the fatness, or the price, or some other excuse. Myself included!!! Now the vf-11 is out cause not enough demand to make more repaints, the vf-22 didnt do too well and always on discount, and we dont see too many vf-1 repaints either. Only toys that do well seem to be the main characters of the main shows... But I really wonder if this toy will do well, like the vf-19 is doing. If not, there probably will be only 1 more repaint of this valk. Time will tell.

When are we getting some new pics is my question, I mean we've seen one or two pics of gerwalk and that's it. Like someone said above when will we see a finished product image? For this thing being due out in December we haven't seen very much of it.

Here is a question - is the VF-17 able to have 'normal' arm configuration as per every other valkyrie? Or is the elbows-forward config all it is able to do?

Yes, it is able to have 'normal' arm configuration:

001.jpg

Edited by Reïvaj

Actually, I don't think the VF-17 was the top choice decided by the poll that Graham hosted like a year or so ago. I believe that amongst all the options, the VF - 4 and VF - 2SS got a majority of the votes (each about half of the majority), followed closely by the VF-0D option.

Funny enough, the VF-19 and VF-17 were some of the LOWEST scorers in terms of interest regarding the poll, and those are the two being made :D

Back on topic though, how are you guys deciding between the VF-19S and the VF-17S. they both are REALLY cool in my mind, but I haz enough for only one.

I don't think I'm the only one in this predicament. I've had and sold the Fire Valk before, so I'm leaning on buying a VF-17 (to kind of mix things up and get a new mold), although the VF-19S is really cool, and with bolstered ankle joints, my problem with the fire valk, it would be a really nice mold to have back in the hands again.

*le sigh*

Actually, I don't think the VF-17 was the top choice decided by the poll that Graham hosted like a year or so ago. I believe that amongst all the options, the VF - 4 and VF - 2SS got a majority of the votes (each about half of the majority), followed closely by the VF-0D option.

Funny enough, the VF-19 and VF-17 were some of the LOWEST scorers in terms of interest regarding the poll, and those are the two being made :D

Back on topic though, how are you guys deciding between the VF-19S and the VF-17S. they both are REALLY cool in my mind, but I haz enough for only one.

I don't think I'm the only one in this predicament. I've had and sold the Fire Valk before, so I'm leaning on buying a VF-17 (to kind of mix things up and get a new mold), although the VF-19S is really cool, and with bolstered ankle joints, my problem with the fire valk, it would be a really nice mold to have back in the hands again.

*le sigh*

For me it's the 19 hands down, honestly the 19S was the only new 19 I wanted to get, but right before I graduated college my roommate got a 19 Kai and I fell in love the bright glossy red. I finally got one after I repeatedly told myself I wouldn't. The 19S has always been and always will be my all time favorite 19 in the entirety of the Macross universe.

Funny enough, the VF-19 and VF-17 were some of the LOWEST scorers in terms of interest regarding the poll, and those are the two being made

I think we have to accept the Destroid Monster elephant in the room.

Japan doesn't really care about foreign Macross fans.

Yeah, both VF5SS and raptor one have valid points. IIRC, Macross 7 was a LOT more popular in Japan than stateside. That probably warrants making the -19 and -17 for thousands of fans rather than a few lads here in the U.S.

Beyond that, a lot of people did abstain from voting for either -17 or -19 because Graham had already hinted at their making by then.

I remember the vf-2ss and vf-17 being most popular request for the next valk!!!! But the way thigns are going, even if they make my favorate valk, the vf-2ss, at proabably 400 - 500 $/ea, I couldnt afford it anyways!!! High cost of production and low value of the dollar makes this unfeasable now for many that could afford these a year or two ago..

For a perfect transformation 1/60 VF-2SS including detachable SAP, squires/bits, and a stand I'd gladly fork over up to $300.00. Even though a Valkyrie II toy would pretty much fulfill my "Holy Grail" wishes, $400 would be a NO and $500 would be a HELL NO. :angry:

Compared to the VF-2, or the VF-4 for that matter, the VF-17 just doesn't rank as high in my desirability scale and so I don't feel it's worth the asking price of admission, specially when you take into account that Bandai's renewal VF-25 MSRPs for little more than half the price of Yamato's latest offerings.

It's a shame since I would truly like to have at least one example of it, but Yamato's high price point coupled with the atrocious Dollar-Yen exchange rate have priced me completely out of the game. :(

Edited by mechaninac

So this is supposedly supposed to be released next week? I am all ready excited and I am looking forward to it and luckily a little bit of money came my way so I have opted for this instead of V2 VF-25 but can I get some new pics please!!!

The day they officially announce a VF-4 and/or the VF-2SS, I'm getting two each. I already have a toy savings account, so I won't buy anything after they announce those (fingers crossed).

For all of you who wanted new pics here you are a small collection, though we’ve already seen some of them.

No need to explain again they all are of the still-not-very-stable painted prototype and hence the need of using some supports.

post-12283-0-87073600-1322123983_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-98731000-1322123987_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-53095800-1322123992_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-36404600-1322123997_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-99306200-1322124003_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-34200600-1322124011_thumb.jpg

Source: Yamato’s site.

Edited by Reïvaj