Hi-Metal VF-25's, would you?

Tking22

If Bandai were to make a series of Hi-Metal VF-25's how many people would be in? I personaly don't like the frontier valks enough to drop the crazy amounts they ask for the 1/60 series, but Bandai does own the frontier license and their Hi-Metal series is pretty good quality, I think I'd end up getting a VF-25G,S, and F if they did decide to take this route.

Assuming the Hi-Metal VF-25 is on the same level of quality with minimal partsformation like the VF-1 and VF-19 toys I would definitely jump aboard. The VF100s were pretty bad, hopefully Bandai would have learned a lot from that effort.

That's what I'm saying, I don't like the frontier valks enough to go for the 1/60 DX, but I saw reviews and heard of how bad the VF100 line was. It had so much potential, it looked good when it was it's three forms, but the parts swapping was rediculous. A 1/100 Hi-metal frontier line would be awesome me thinks.

I would, assuming an accurate sculpt. I might not buy all of them (probably give Michael's VF-25G and Luca's RVF-25 a miss), but I'd definitely buy a VF-25F Alto and VF-25S Ozma + Tornado and Armoured Packs.

If they did a VF-25A Cannon Fodder and VF-25S Klan (from the PS3/PSP game) I'd get those as well.

Graham

I personally would prefer a 1/60 Ver 2.0 but if the price tag on a "VF-100's Ver 2.0" were reasonable and transformation, proportions and overall look and feel were better than both the old VF-100 and DX, then I'd probably pick some up.

But if wishes are what we're talking about here, then I'd still like to see Yamato's versions of the Frontier valks.

I personally would prefer a 1/60 Ver 2.0 but if the price tag on a "VF-100's Ver 2.0" were reasonable and transformation, proportions and overall look and feel were better than both the old VF-100 and DX, then I'd probably pick some up.

But if wishes are what we're talking about here, then I'd still like to see Yamato's versions of the Frontier valks.

I don't know why we'd need a bandai 1/60 dx version 2, from what I here the dx chogokin VF-25's were all pretty solid, I'd like to see a quality smaller and cheaper line of the frontier stuff. As far as Yamato goes, well if they ever do get the license, everyone runs the risk of getting Yamatoed, I really don't trust these guys any more and won't be buying ANY more of their products save for a TV SDF-1.

Hell yes I'd support it. Currently I have my VF100s VF-25S super glued into fighter mode, and I'd love to have one that was actually not a terrible toy in addition to looking good. I'm usually a defender of parts-swapping kits and toys, but I really have nothing to defend the vicious attacking of VF100s since they take it to an absurd degree. They looked good, but always felt brittle and posed very poorly. I've fallen in love with the Hi Metal VF-1S and VF-19S though, and I'd be all over a Hi metal VF-25S.

Well I gave in and just ordered a VF100 VF-25s, I don't own any frontier stuff cause I'm not a huge fan, but I got this thing for dirt cheap off amazon. Come on Bandai, you have the rights to frontier and the Hi-Metal line is promising, what's the deal?

I don't know why we'd need a bandai 1/60 dx version 2, from what I here the dx chogokin VF-25's were all pretty solid, I'd like to see a quality smaller and cheaper line of the frontier stuff. As far as Yamato goes, well if they ever do get the license, everyone runs the risk of getting Yamatoed, I really don't trust these guys any more and won't be buying ANY more of their products save for a TV SDF-1.

I personally think we need a version 2 for the DX. Very badly.

I don't want to repeat the failures here again...

And yes, I am going to get a Hi-Metal VF-25. All four of them.

Awwww no, don't let this become another Yamato vs. Bandai thread!

That's not my intention at all.

I'd probably rephrase the sentence like this:

"Since I don't expect Bandai to give the DX VF-25 another shot (they sold so well), let's see what will happen one day when another guy gets the license (and we all know who's that other guy anyhow)."

I honestly don't think Bandai will give the VF-25 a Hi-metal treatment any time soon either (where's that YF-21?) so I'd say this whole discussion is mostly wishful thinking, therefore my own personal wishful thinking.

Edited by regult

I personally think we need a version 2 for the DX. Very badly.

I don't want to repeat the failures here again...

And yes, I am going to get a Hi-Metal VF-25. All four of them.

Well I never got a dx VF-25 so I don't know any of the cons for it, all the reviews I have seen and read on them all say they're quality except bad gerwalk modes but I find the VF-25's gerwalk to be ugly anyway.

Well I never got a dx VF-25 so I don't know any of the cons for it, all the reviews I have seen and read on them all say they're quality except bad gerwalk modes but I find the VF-25's gerwalk to be ugly anyway.

This is quoting from fellow MWer anime52k8 (hope you don't mind!), cuz I found his comment precise and to the point:

"paint flakes off at the slightest touch; all the joints become spontaneously loose over time; plastic is greasy and covered in swirly scratches strait out of the box; and the paint and plastic colors don't match. also there are missing paint aps. "

And please let me add: bad proportion in battroid mode.

So I would welcome any better VF-25 toy to be made. :)

This is quoting from fellow MWer anime52k8 (hope you don't mind!), cuz I found his comment precise and to the point:

"paint flakes off at the slightest touch; all the joints become spontaneously loose over time; plastic is greasy and covered in swirly scratches strait out of the box; and the paint and plastic colors don't match. also there are missing paint aps. "

And please let me add: bad proportion in battroid mode.

So I would welcome any better VF-25 toy to be made. :)

But he was being sarcastic... :lol:

I would get at least one. Assuming accurate sculpt and minimal partsforming like was said before. I don't mind partsforming if it means disconnecting parts and reconnecting them in different places. But I do mind it if it means parts swapping. As long as everything (or almost) I need to transform the valk is on the valk itself, I'm good.

If they make em less than $50 and as good as the VF-1 hi-metal at 1/100 scale i'd say yes. They'd look right next to the DX konig monster. My mac F valks have to be on a different shelf than the monster because the scale is so off. as it is i'm toying with hunting down some robot spirits mac F valks so the monster doesn't look so lonely. lol. if they (potentail hi metal ones) were made well enough i'd even consider replacing the DX's which i like despite their many flaws.

I seriously doubt they'd end up below $50, the Hi-Metal VF-1's are over $50, the 1S strike cost me about $70 shipped. I'd guess around the $60-80 mark or so, that sounds good to me to be honest, the DX line is expensive, and from what I'm hearing now they weren't quite up to snuff.

Personally, I would definately buy a Hi-Metal version of the VF-25. I would also like a Hi-Metal version of the VF-27 as well as the YF-29, as long as that meant that they still go ahead and plan on making the 1/60 YF-29 Alto.

Twich

Absolutely, YES!!! We still need a good toy of this fighter. The VF100's where a rediculous partsforming mess and the DX just had a horible sculpt with crappy paint and loose joints. The model was good but really needs a leg to wing lock to keep the legs in the right position. Like others said if they can make it on par with the VF-1 or 19 they'd have a winner.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I'm in the same boat as most people. If they came VF-25's that were as good as the current hi-metal's I'd pick up a couple. I'd like to have a VF-25 in scale with my other valks but I prefer a quality toy over an in-scale toy. If a DX-25 v.2 or a Yamato 1/60 VF-25 where to come out I'd be more inclined to get one of those but I don't see either of them happening within the next 5~10 years.

If a hi-metal VF-25 comes out and prove to be the first GOOD* VF-25 toy, I'll be happy to pick one up.

*Good TRANSFORMING VF-25 that is, the RD's where pretty good figures

BTW, does anybody remember how ambitious the VF100 line was?

Even VF-4 was in the marketing poster. And of course the then hot VF-25. IIRC, the VF-171Ex. Every hero valk was there and more.

I hope The Hi-Metal line fares well enough to live up to that promise. Not realy a promise, but you get my meaning.

OT: I like the RD VF-25 too, and I want a VF-25S Armored (announced but disappeared) and RVF-25 (wasn't in the VF100 line either).

Even the Pixie team is complete! I want my Skull squad. OK OK! Make Luca a Tamashii exclusive, just get it done!

I might get one to go with my Mastergrade Gundams - but I'd prefer it if Bandai got to work on a version 2.0 1:60 scale VF-25 that would have the same transformation and sculpt of the 1/72 model - particularly the swivel hinge on the legs - the DX is like Yamato's version 1 VF-1 in 1:60 scale... needs work.

Pete