WORST Sci-Fi TV series of all time.....

taksraven

My pick has to be "EARTH: FINAL CONFLICT". a "V" knockoff Supposedly written by Gene Roddenbury before he died, and produced by his wife this show was all over the place. It had two different main characters over several seasons, a weird tech guy that always acted like he was high, creepy bald aliens that would be right at home in san francisco, another set of aliens with raging hormones, and a villianous asian guy who might have out done Char Aznable in number of people screwed over/cheated/lied to/manipulated/backstabbed. The thing that kinda really bothered me was in the fist few episodes the main character is trying to figure out who killed his wife when the asian guy openly tells him he did it to make him fit better as a go between of the aliens, and the guys like "umm okay thanks"

The first season of EFC was decent enough. It was nicely serialized, had an interesting take on the alien resistance, main characters who didn't always get along. As soon as the first re-tool hit, I exited stage left. Dammit, I liked Boone :angry:

The first season of EFC was decent enough. It was nicely serialized, had an interesting take on the alien resistance, main characters who didn't always get along. As soon as the first re-tool hit, I exited stage left. Dammit, I liked Boone :angry:

a good first season, or just a single good season out of several does not make a good series, especially if the rest of it is a giant steaming pile of monkey poo.

Awwww!!!! arrive to the party late and all the good ones are already taken.

There was a Dr Who spin off with K9 in it, not the Sarah Jane Mysteries which is/was Dr who for little kids and not that good.

Basically what I remember was K9 going around doing stuff a bit like the Littlest Hobo only made of metal, with no decent scripts.

Did someone already mention SeaQuest? That show was OK in the first season because it was science driven but then they felt like they had to action it up and it totally crumbled. Plus big fail for the CG penguin.

Is that the one with the dolphin wearing scuba gear? :huh:

I loved SeaQuest, until Roy Scheider got replaced with Michael Ironside. Once the concept of aliens got introduced, it was all downhill from there.

IIRC, the gear was so the dolphin could swim in deep water.

"Talking dolphin" problem? I guess you can complain about the "talking gorilla" in Congo, too... Doesn't seem too farfetched, but that's just me.

"Talking dolphin" problem? I guess you can complain about the "talking gorilla" in Congo, too... Doesn't seem too farfetched, but that's just me.

The fact that they had a talking dolphin with scuba gear is literally the only thing about the show I remember. And I think that's because when I was 4 or 5 years old my parents took me to marine world and bought me a toy of it while I was their. It had a tiny orange phone for some reason and when you squeezed the dolphin's fins together it squeaked.

I'm not sure what it says about the show when I know I watched it but I can't remember anything about it other than the one toy.

a good first season, or just a single good season out of several does not make a good series, especially if the rest of it is a giant steaming pile of monkey poo.

Au Contre: seaQuest, Transformers, Alien Nation... all had decent seasons out of steaming piles of monkey poo, but were redeemed by those few good episodes/seasons.

There was a Dr Who spin off with K9 in it, not the Sarah Jane Mysteries which is/was Dr who for little kids and not that good.

Which one, he had two (if the more recent one got off the ground).

Back in the early eighties there was "K-9 and Company", where Sarah Jane was given a K-9 by the Doctor. It only ended up being a TV movie rather then a show, and downright horrible it was. The recent show I have not seen.

"Talking dolphin" problem? ... Doesn't seem too farfetched, but that's just me.

Saw a documentary a few nights ago and read an article in a magazine, they both said that they reckon they are only 10 years from being able to have actual conversations with Dolphins. They already understand some words and postures etc.

So in that case the show was kinda on the right track. they also had an episode where the kid genius Lucas was lamenting about his CD collection and how he was a kid when they stopped making them, nearly on track with that too.

Edited by big F

• 3 weeks later...

Wait a minute---so you're insinuating that the "regular" Dr. Who is for adults? :p

I'm sorry, but there isn't any argument--rational, empassioned, or otherwise--in favor of taking this show seriously that can't be trumped by the same one-word rebuttal: Daleks.

Seriously? :blink:

"Run for your lives! It's the Daleks!" **Yes, the Daleks! Ruthless, evil, authoritarian beings, bent on the conquest and conformity of all they encounter--er, so long as all their environments have perfectly level, polished floors...** "--Oh noes! Whats we gonna do?! Them Daleks is comin'! --Uh, I dunno! Maybe go up some stairs?" <_<

ed: okay, it's obvious I've not had much exposure to the good Doctor. I do have vague childhood memories of the opening credits/theme, a red phone booth, and Tom Baker [the 4th Dr.?] I'm sure in the oh, 30-something-years that they've rampaged across the galaxies on TV, someone's probably addressed these obvious issues. But, still.

Edited by reddsun1

"Run for your lives! It's the Daleks!" **Yes, the Daleks! Ruthless, evil, authoritarian beings, bent on the conquest and conformity of all they encounter--er, so long as all their environments have perfectly level, polished floors...** "--Oh noes! Whats we gonna do?! Them Daleks is comin'! --Uh, I dunno! Maybe go up some stairs?" <_<

The original Daleks (from Episode 2) could not leave their bunker. From at least the late eighties Daleks have been able to levitate up stairs (that was a GREAT episode! The Doctor and friends finally ran up the stairs (for once), and the Dalek went right up after them(*)). The latest Daleks are show flying all the time.

(*) - My friends and I got a great whoop and holler out of that one.

Quark was one of the BEST, but REALLY REALLY bad, shows of all time.

Richard Franklin being really funny. (His bit starts a minute and a half in)

And just for the heck of it.....

The original Daleks (from Episode 2) could not leave their bunker. From at least the late eighties Daleks have been able to levitate up stairs (that was a GREAT episode! The Doctor and friends finally ran up the stairs (for once), and the Dalek went right up after them(*)). The latest Daleks are show flying all the time.

(*) - My friends and I got a great whoop and holler out of that one.

LOL, as I hit Add Reply, I thought: dude, you're bound to incite righteous indignation from a whole bunch of Dr. fans. I figured the onslaught is coming, so I'd best get ready...

From behind the couch. :D

LOL, as I hit Add Reply, I thought: dude, you're bound to incite righteous indignation from a whole bunch of Dr. fans. I figured the onslaught is coming, so I'd best get ready...

For my money, I found "The Seeds of Death" to be FAR scarier than any Dalek episode...

Don't forget that we were all SCREAMING "RUN UP THE STAIRS, STUPID!", then they did and the Dalek followed, it was great and we were talking about it for weeks - yes we are nerds...

For my money, I found "The Seeds of Death" to be FAR scarier than any Dalek episode...

One of my favorites. That and "Planet of Evil", which was the first one I ever saw, and the one where K-9 was introduced, which is great on DVD with the newly touched up special effects.

Did I mention Stargate SG-1? Or Sanctuary.

Mortal Kombat Conquest

I didn't know this existed until i followed a random link. Or i don't remember it.

Sorry, the outcome's already been decided. Small Wonder is officially the worst sci-fi TV series of all time.

Naming other shows now is like trying to nominate more movies for last year's Oscars.

Small Wonder is the undisputed Worst Sci-Fi TV Series of All-Time, but this comes pretty close.

That reminds me, is it too late to bring up ALL of the Sid and Marty Croft stuff? Or does that belong under a "Children's shows made under the influence of controlled substances" poll? (Most especially Liddsville)