THOR - The Movie

EXO

I think I would have realized by now if I couldn't see in 3D. Everything else has always seemed to work fine--red/blue, polarized, "Magic Eye", whatever Disney does at "Philharmagic," etc. But the 3DS---yeah, it's 3D, sorta, but more by shifting your focus than anything else really, versus altering depth.

Other than there being a small spot where the images line up so you can see the 3D it's.... 3D. Completely and totally. The shifting your focus concept makes zero sense to me in relation to the 3DS. Look at the screen and it's 3D. Now you're free to look around the screen and focus on everything out to the edges, as opposed to a 3D movie where they force your perspective and everything else blurs which to me sounds more like a forced focus than the 3DS requires.

Hawkeye.

Yeah, and it was great, too. Before you even see him, just his hands reaching for a weapon. Pauses at the gun, goes for the bow instead, and I start bouncing in my seat going, "Hawkeye! Hawkeye! Honey, it's Hawkeye!" My wife, who's never read a comic book in her life (and forgets the details of movies she's seen minutes after leaving the theater) looks at me like I'm crazy.

I wondered what the deal with the guy with the bow was. Thank you. Is that the actor from Hurt Locker*?

*yeah just looked it up, he was even better in the town.

Edited by Agent ONE

I wonder which Avengers character did a cameo in this film. Because Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man) appeared in the Gary Oldman version of the Incredibe Hulk.

Edward Norton, not Gary Oldman, he's never done a Hulk film. Unless you are refering to the villian and even then that was Tim Roth.

Saw Thor friday in 3D. Liked the film, but it felt like something was missing. Too much of the film was given away in the trailers, and there were very little to no suprises.

I wondered what the deal with the guy with the bow was. Thank you. Is that the actor from Hurt Locker*?

*yeah just looked it up, he was even better in the town.

Anyone from the Hurt Locker would be great to see again, are we talking about the main character?

N/M Answered my own question, it is! :)

Edited by Zor Primus

Saw it in 3D and liked the film, and even the 3D aspect.

From the horror I felt in seeing the original still shots of Hopkins in that get-up, I cannot believe they managed to pull off a pretty good flick that I enjoyed.

While I liked Iron Man much better, the concept of Iron Man is just so cool and I think many different teams could have made a good movie from that idea.

But to make something of a 'Viking Super Hero' that isn't lame is a much greater accomplishment...

Finally saw it yesterday. Pretty good flick. But I still think Iron Man 1 beats all of the Marvel: Pre-Avengers movies that has come out thus far. I'm sure that will change when Captain America comes out which is hyped as this year's Dark Knight! But back to Thor, it was great. I loved it when the Shield Agent asks if there is a Renaisance Fair going on. And also adds, one looks like Zeena, Robin Hood and Jackie Chan. Loved it, lol.

Nah. My favourite line: "How are we going to find him?" *throws car into reverse* *BAM!* "I swear I'm not doing this on purpose!* Also: "We drank, we fought, he made his ancestors proud."

As for comparing it to Iron Man 1, I can see that it doesn't quite hold up to that standard if only because nobody could have the charm that RDJ brought to Tony Stark in that film.

After seeing this movie, I'm more enthusiastic about the Avengers movie that's in the works. They just might be able to pull off some kind of Marvel movie continuity in a good way. Also, I wish I could smash a cup on the floor after eating/drinking a good meal too.

Okay, so I couldn't remember the actor's name and I posted the first name that came to mind as the perfect Bruce Banner. <_<

I see that I'm on some sort of probation, needing moderator approval and all. I wonder how long this little ray of sunshine will last. :rolleyes:

Okay, so I couldn't remember the actor's name and I posted the first name that came to mind as the perfect Bruce Banner. <_<

I see that I'm on some sort of probation, needing moderator approval and all. I wonder how long this little ray of sunshine will last. :rolleyes:

Try using Wikipedia or IMDb before posting.

• 3 months later...

I really loved this movie. I would like to see the next one - which is confirmed to be made - not take place on Earth at all. I too wish I could smash a mug on the floor after a good meal! "This drink, I like it! Bring me another! [smashes mug on the floor]"

Just watched it for the first time tonight. All the goodies in the vault were awesome, Hawkeye, what was in the case after the credits. All awesome.

Definitely a great addition to the Marvel movie line.

Edited by Chewie

I really loved this movie. I would like to see the next one - which is confirmed to be made - not take place on Earth at all. I too wish I could smash a mug on the floor after a good meal! "This drink, I like it! Bring me another! [smashes mug on the floor]"

*dodges the mugsmash*

Ha, you missed!

*gapes openmouthed as Petar goes to a wall, flings open the curtains to reveal shelves upon shelves of smashing mugs*

Oh crap.

B))

got the blu-ray (non 3D).

Anyone else having problems with deleted scenes loading on a PS3? Some work when I have commentary off and others don't play at all. When I turn commentary on, it automatically starts playing all or whatever scene I clicked last.

They all play fine for me, but the control for them is a little peculiar. If you select just one deleted scene, it immediately goes to the top where you select commentary or not, then plays the scene. If you just select the commentary without selecting a scene first, then that seems to start "play all" in that commentary mode. If you didn't mention that some scenes don't play at all, I'd have concluded that's just the weird control setup.

"I need a horse!!!"

Most hilarious line I've ever heard in a movie. :D

Dude I just saw that scene and was totally unprepared for it-totally hilarious...

got the blu-ray (non 3D).

Anyone else having problems with deleted scenes loading on a PS3? Some work when I have commentary off and others don't play at all. When I turn commentary on, it automatically starts playing all or whatever scene I clicked last.

Any of you guys having trouble with just standard playback on PS3? My non-3D freezes up at the 1 hour and 22 minute mark. This is a bummer; do I try to exchange it or is it an issue with my Sony?

The Cosmic Cube, aka if you don't know what it is wait till you see Captain America. That KIND OF explains it.

I wasn't asking a question. It was part of my statement about the awesomeness. Thanks, though. =)

Also, isn't that kind of a spoiler?

Edited by Chewie

Any of you guys having trouble with just standard playback on PS3? My non-3D freezes up at the 1 hour and 22 minute mark. This is a bummer; do I try to exchange it or is it an issue with my Sony?

Plays fine on my PS3, so I'd say it was a problem with your disc.

Netflix finally got around to sending Thor my way. I enjoyed it and didn't feel like my time was wasted. Now I'm waiting on Captain America to come out on Blu...

If you are a fan of the comic, and if you allow yourself, Captain America can be a real fun ride. My wife really loved it. And she doesn't like comic book movies! That's saying a lot!

And Thor was good. Honestly, I didn't think Thor would translate to live action well, given the source material. But I felt they did a good job with it, too.

Bring on the Avengers! :-)