Wow, I haven't watch this week's episode yet, but looking ahead with my cable subscriber for information (Comcast) on it gave me a really strange rating. Alongside "V = Moderate Violence," there was "S = Some sexual situations." Granted I've been out of the loop for Cartoon Network shows and Clone Wars is showing before that, but is that unusual for shows not appearing on Adult Swim or Toonami these days?

The "S" rating is because they know Cheetara will give little boys some confusing ideas just like she did in the 80's. ;)

Tonight's episode was great. I even had a slew of new figures to mess with while I was watching it. Everyone should own Lizard Cannon with Lizard.

post-430-0-43874500-1313812185_thumb.png

Edited by eriku

Good solid episode.

I remember Driller from the original. I think he came in a space ship with 2 other weirdos. When are they gonna get to Safari Joe? "Safari Joe does it again!" :lol:

Panthro vs. Grune!

Liono vs. Driller!!!

Awesome!

now that was a great episode! loved it from start to finish.

Panthro's size and demeanor really put Lion-O's youth and immaturity in perspective (for me). He looks so small and inexperienced next to Panthro esp. when

Panthro disposed of the other hundred or so lizards that Lion-O didn't anticipate.

I also liked the flashback about how Grune turned to the dark side.. even the music when they we're fighting and Panthro fell felt a li'l like Star Wars :lol: ... and that last bit of banter between Lion-O and Panthro was a nice touch.

Really loving this show so far. Interesting how 1 half hour episode of Thundercats portrayed Anakin Skywalkers fall to the dark side better than 3 feature films of star wars did! Lol

Chris

You know, I've completely underestimated this new version. I'm not gonna say it's better than the original, but unlike other recent remakes/reboots/sequels, this new ThunderCats series holds its own.

See, it's not a bad reboot. In fact, it's pretty good. :)

Loved Panthro's "Get your own car, kid."-moment.

Loving the show. Especially Episode 4 and 5 were it feels the production team have built more confidence in themselves.

For the figures, I'm just waiting for the Classic Cheetarah and 6inch of her of this new series...

I wonder if the blue Thundercat, Bengal will appear in this show?

Awesome show.

I can't believe they got to the book already. I thought they were gonna drag it out. Goes to show that the writers are not afraid to move forward... Now if they can only read it.

And what's up with the history between Mummra and the Thundercats?

I think it is interesting to note that while Mum-Ra says the Thundercats stole the Eye of Thundera from him they stole it from somebody else.

The Lunataks?

We saw two periods here. The space age and the age of magic.

The planet being attacked makes one think of Mars but that moon isn't Phobos or Deimos.

So future Earth?

The Book of Omens likely has the spell to remove the protection from the Eye which at one point was called a War Stone.

Also the Eye may not be unique if we go by the toys and future titles.

This show has a real problem with contradictions. It was (and continues to be) a problem with Panthro's relationship with the others, and in this episode we're told the only people who knew the location of the Tower were sealed within it. Oh, except for Jaga, somehow he knows.

I understand this is written for kids, but come on...

Duke, "magic." :

As for the episode in general, definately some nice backstory,

At this point, I'm starting to wonder if Mum-Rah created all of the animal races as h is personal army who eventualy rebelled on him. It's interesting that we don't yet see who they're fighting, perhaps humans? Hmm. Also, the Thundertank bares a striking resemblance to Mum-Rah's ride, perhaps Panthro stole it after he fell down that pit & remodeled it?

Duke, "magic."

Magic doesn't explain why Lion-O and Tigra barely know Panthro, and why Panthro acts very indifferently toward them. They've shown us the flashback scene where Lion-O and Tigra are dueling (they look to be around 12 years old) and Panthro is standing RIGHT THERE; clearly they both grew up around him.

Magic doesn't explain why Lion-O and Tigra barely know Panthro, and why Panthro acts very indifferently toward them. They've shown us the flashback scene where Lion-O and Tigra are dueling (they look to be around 12 years old) and Panthro is standing RIGHT THERE; clearly they both grew up around him.

I don't think their relationship is inconsistent, it doesn't mean they should know Panthro very well because they fight before him and their father especially since he spent most of his time on the battlefield or searching for the book of omens

Good episode, I liked this one more than episode 5 which I found a bit too obvious. However I hope the story keeps improving, so far I like the show overall even if I'm not too fond of the systematic villains' easily defeated at the end. A cliffhanger ending would make it so much more addictive

It was a good episode, but not the best so far. I would like to see a little more backstory on rest of the cast before we spend some time on the main story though.

If you're gonna say the place has a bunch of traps, ya might wanna make the characters understand that cuz they kept walking into those traps.