Bandai 1/60 Scale DX VF-27 Thread

KiriK

I just got this from HLJ about two weeks ago and I don't regret it. It's an awesome figure that seems to get everything right out of the box. While the toy itself is a little chunkier than the actual anime model. It still looks very sleek and captures the essence of its anime counterpart. IMO this is the best release of the DX line thus far. It's sturdy while not taking away the sleek look of the vf-27. Overall its a very nice figure without making major compromises to the original design. If you have the spare cash available you owe to yourself to get this figure as it really has no flaws I can think of.

Edited by transfan52

Got this toy yesterday and it is the best perfect transformation valkyrie Bandai has ever made.

It is beautiful; the markings, the shiny plastic, the aesthetics is beyond superb.

The box is very nice and the poster gift is a plus.

The only complaint I have is the instruction booklet. It is too small and with that you have tiny pictures with instructions in japanese that makes it difficult to comprehend.

If I had to put a score on this toy, I would give it a 10. Buy it if you have the cash.

Foldo boosteru.

PS--it's not a "regular" green one, it's specifically Grace's special command-type green one. (since there's been an apparent retcon to the design, and now there's two different types of green VF-27B's)

Dunno if they'll ever make a "truly generic" green VF-27B, as it'd require a new head mold, which Bandai may not splurge on.

After transforming yours, do you have any scratch on the nose cone of VF-27 especially on the white/lilac area?

I mean is your way is the right one for transforming the nose area?

if you follow the instructions, that part of the nose cone shouldn't touch any other part of the valkyrie.

You might start a new thread with that pose, "The VF toe touching picture gallery" :lol: :lol:

"Now shake them dice and roll 'em!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by DARKWIND

Foldo boosteru.

PS--it's not a "regular" green one, it's specifically Grace's special command-type green one. (since there's been an apparent retcon to the design, and now there's two different types of green VF-27B's)

Dunno if they'll ever make a "truly generic" green VF-27B, as it'd require a new head mold, which Bandai may not splurge on.

Where was the 'truly generic' green one ever seen? Even in the first Ep, at the end, you still see the head fins on the two Green VF's with Breara in fold space IIRC. And the one that was gonna splash Alto (before Brera takes it out) also had the same head IIRC. IRL, maybe they didn't want to animate another head.... but the on-screen would need to be retconned with new animation, no?

The Super Folda Boosta was only needed for speed and to circumvent the fold faults, right? IIRC, they have (standard) internal fold drives?

Where was the 'truly generic' green one ever seen?

You kind of summed it up already. We never saw it because Bandai wasn't going to make a new CGI model for something only seen for 10 secs in the background, and/or because they didn't even design the other head until AFTER it was animated.

But "as of now, regardless of what was seen on-screen", the official canon is that a green one with a finned head, is Grace's, and it's one-of-a-kind. (AFAIK, based on the model kit and the description of the upcoming green DX.)

We did see Grace's close up with a hand-painted(?) image that was specifically painted just for that scene---and close enough to even get the modex number. That was clearly intended to specifically be hers, and to be a "correct" depiction.

But the other(s?) were only ever seen from very far away or a silhouette, and for like 0.5 secs at a time---any "discrepancy" with their appearance is frankly easily ignored. (plus, the one that ALMOST kills Alto I assume is hers personally, being remotely controlled--it's the 2nd-best-look we get at a green one and it's clearly finned) :)

::edit:: Hey, I think that one IS hers---frame-by-framing it reveals (I think) a "102" on the leg. Very hard to tell, even on the 1080 version. If Grace's HAD taken down Alto right then, I'd have liked Frontier's ending better. :)

so, if the Tamashii Web Shop exclusive green VF27 with forudo boostaa does not have "102" printed on the leg and tailfin, it'd be inaccurate right?

do we not yet know if it will be printed or we'll have to slap lame stickers on it?

it is kind of silly Bandai hasn't come up with a cannon fodder VF-25 and they would go ahead with a so-called "production VF-27"!!! wouldn't it be easier to just call it the "Grace O'Connor custom"?

Yes, it needs "102" to be correct for Grace's as seen on-screen, as well as to match Bandai's own 1/72 kit version. (The kit has 102 for Grace's, and 302 for one with the finless head)

I fear it may be numberless though since every pic so far hasn't had any numbers on it, to allow for "customizing" of a "CF" version (even though that'd be wrong for the head it has).

As for why this and not a CF VF-25? I'd say:

A. There's already a TON of VF-25 paint variants. They need to change the mold, not the paint. People are already VF-25'd-out, money-wise and collection-wise.

B. Recognition factor--we don't know any character who flew a CF -25, but Grace is pretty well-known. :)

C. It's the only possible repaint for the -27. Gotta amortize the mold somehow---and a lot of people don't like the pinkish one. "Military green" is much more acceptable to a lot of people.

but I still bet mecha collectors in Japan (the main intended market for these 16K-plus-yen-toys anyway) don't mind pink, therefore the green went to the webshop. It'd be interesting to know the actual production runs for each color, but I totally agree with 1)there needs to be a new vf-25 mold, not more repaints 2) the vf-27 mold has little or no other repaint alternatives...yet, why webshop exclusive !!!!!!

while browsing around, I just remembered the Yamato fold booster comes with nifty lights effects...while the newer Bandai super fold booster is a pink and green chunk of plastic!

not that I need those lights, but this shows how Bandai wasn't even trying...

But "as of now, regardless of what was seen on-screen", the official canon is that a green one with a finned head, is Grace's, and it's one-of-a-kind. (AFAIK, based on the model kit and the description of the upcoming green DX.)

I guess what I'm really asking is what evidence is there for anything other than a finned head VF-27? Brera, Grace, and the "CF" all have the same head in the animation. Is it from Chronicles or or anything other than just the model kit?

while browsing around, I just remembered the Yamato fold booster comes with nifty lights effects...while the newer Bandai super fold booster is a pink and green chunk of plastic!

not that I need those lights, but this shows how Bandai wasn't even trying...

Uh, and everyone went on about how stupid it was the Toynami Valkyries had lights.

Just the kit and the DX's description AFAIK. But we can assume that it'll "become more and more official" as more and more merchandise etc is portrayed this way---with Grace having a finned one and being remarked as "special" compared to other green Betas.

I keep expecting that the 2nd Frontier movie will either show "finless" ones alongside hers, or really screw with us and give her a teal or blue or purple one or something. :p

Think about it like the original RX-78 Gundam---it has become "so much more" than just what was seen in the original animation. Mainly due to ever-more-detailed retconned merchandise.

That's because one green LED in the middle of the face looked really, really lame.

Also, glowy boosters are canon, and clearly evident in Macross Plus. Whereas I don't ever recall a bright pinpoint in the middle of a VF-1J's visor.

Honestly, I don't remember having seen it recently, it's mostly sold out I guess. Last time I checked it was around HK$1,300 (over one month ago), and you may still may bump into it it if you look hard every nook and cranny.

i finally had some time to take my 2 week old DX VF-27 out of it's box...

anybody else here think that the DX 27's fighter mode looks off?... it's like i want it to be longer, just like my SV-51... the nose/cockpit part looks short and stubby when viewed from the top.

I think i have to rewatch MacF and check out the 27... it may have been moving too damn fast in the anime, i'm kinda confused about how it should look like :wacko:... i was supposed to display this in f-mode but now i'm thinking i have to transform it and display it in either gerwalk or battroid. honestly, (not taking into account the landing gears) in f-mode, the DX 25 w/out SPs or Armor looks better for me than the DX 27...maybe, subconsciously, i never really liked the design of the 27 f-mode to begin with :blink:.

but i have to admit, based on the pics i've seen, in battroid mode the DX 27 looks 100x better than a bare DX 25 w/ those ankles fully extended :lol:... i do love the color and all the markings... and i like the clicky locking tabs for the wings... EDIT - i also really, really like the detail and gimmick of the BFG... i think i should transform it this weekend.

Edited by m0n5t3r

sorry for the off topic but all this talk is tempting me. What is the Hong Kong street price of the DX VF-27 anyway? my friend is going there.

And, the quarter and VF-25 tornado as well?

many thanks.

I remember seeing the VF-27 as low as $1080 this week... Which shop to be exact I can't remember. A more "general" reference (i.e. more shops are selling at) is HK$1180.

VF-25 Tornado is around HK$1280 from what I have noticed.

Man... A few months not on this board and they release a VF-27 in 1/60th scale... I totally missed out on this one. Backordered at HLJ at the moment.

I guess I'm going to have to get this baby. Just wondering, how's the landing gear? The other DX Valks from Bandai have this crappy rear landing gear, but from the photo's I've seen this one looks pretty good. Anyone here who has a good photo of it?

Man... A few months not on this board and they release a VF-27 in 1/60th scale... I totally missed out on this one. Backordered at HLJ at the moment.

I guess I'm going to have to get this baby. Just wondering, how's the landing gear? The other DX Valks from Bandai have this crappy rear landing gear, but from the photo's I've seen this one looks pretty good. Anyone here who has a good photo of it?

Follow this link, and scroll down a bit. http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/02/spe...hogokin-vf.html