Bandai 1/60 Scale DX VF-27 Thread

KiriK

Since I missed the first one, I say redo the entire thing in version 2. I wanted the green one anyway (cannon fodder preferred because the horns look re-damn-diculous). I didn't care for the girly-man pilot and the purple color so I skipped on the first one. Nothing wrong with girly-man pilots but the character was ho-hum boring to me. Bobby kicked all kinds of ass and they should bring on a version 2 Quarter which is just wishful thinking on my part...but anyway...refocusing

...Looking back at the pictures, I don't care for the way battroid mode looks so bring on a version 2 for sure. I'll definitely buy the version 2 if done better...girly-man pilot, horns, purple color and all :)

Edited by xrentonx

Why do you think the green version doesn't have the horns? IIRC there was a 1/72 kit version without them but not a DX one.

To be clear, I want the TRUE canon-fodder one which didn't have horns if I recall correctly (which they arguably never made as a DX) and not the command-type (with horns) that this one is. Supposedly the one you posted a picture of is the Grace command-type version (like the S type Valks but not nearly as cool in my opinion).

Like this one: http://www.mech9.com...fodder-version/

See? No horns and a nicer shade of green!

Edited by xrentonx

You're probably right. In any case, I want the one without horns, show accurate or not (screw anime accuracy).

Edited by xrentonx

• 2 months later...

The left foot/ankle on mine seems to be getting loose---as in, not the actual "posing" joint but the transformation joint, where it extends outwards to lengthen the lower leg. It really likes to partially collapse back in---which is bad, as that makes the legs different lengths. I'd like to try to fix it, but the sliding mechanism is completely internal---I've never found a "lower" screw for the main leg halves---only the one that's half-way up, and the one that is presumably behind the very screw-cover-looking part near the knee. Anyone ever managed to take apart a VF-27 lower leg? I'm pretty sure the screw cover won't come out with damaging it and the surrounding area, and I suspect at least part of the leg is glued together, as well.

(considering that mine spends 95% of its time in fighter mode with no weight on the feet/nozzles, it's extra-annoying that this happened to mine--there should be NO wear on those parts)

Mine was like that from day one, it can hold a pose/support the weight of the figure, but any additional pressure (i.e. any time I try to adjust the pose on it) one or both of the ankles collapse.