Bandai 1/60 Scale DX VF-27 Thread

KiriK

Man... A few months not on this board and they release a VF-27 in 1/60th scale... I totally missed out on this one. Backordered at HLJ at the moment.

I guess I'm going to have to get this baby. Just wondering, how's the landing gear? The other DX Valks from Bandai have this crappy rear landing gear, but from the photo's I've seen this one looks pretty good. Anyone here who has a good photo of it?

Plenty in stock at Amiami for a better price than HLJ and with 50% off shipping, hurry because it ends on friday

http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&amp.../e_display.html

Edited by anubis20

but it not suppose that green has a diferent head of lucifer brera and should look closer like this?????

Grace's VF-27 is unique, and has the same head as Brera's. The DX toy is correct for Grace's. Other green ones have the different head.

after handling my VF-27 more and more, i'm beginning to really, really like it. i'm actually now liking the shiny plastic (sans the constantly recurring oil residue)...

i really hope Bandai will release a regular, non-exclusive grunt-green VF-27... w/ a lighter, more military type green color.

after handling my VF-27 more and more, i'm beginning to really, really like it. i'm actually now liking the shiny plastic (sans the constantly recurring oil residue)...

i really hope Bandai will release a regular, non-exclusive grunt-green VF-27... w/ a lighter, more military type green color.

Yeah the more I look at it Brera's kind of reminds me of a squadron show bird, albeit "a badass operational" squadron show bird.

Not just in the hanger for display, but ready to kick ass anytime it wants. :ph34r:

thanks for the info about the prices. very timely for me.

Just been to Animate in the Monkok area, they still had the VF-27 Brera Sterne for HK$1,080 (I paid something like that over 2 months ago), a surprise for me because the shop usually is more expensive than other smaller outlets (like the one where I found mine). They have a decent customer service which is probably worth the price mark up, non-existent in this case.

Just got mine recently, and love it so much ^_^ .

However, I noticed that the nosecone doesn't seems to flush into landing gear bay in Battroid mode, exposing the shiny landing gear itself (unlike DX 25). Is it normal or I did something wrong?

I got a second VF-27 from AmiAmi a week or so ago. I'm glad AmiAmi found a better way to package the poster in with the toy so that it didn't require such a huge box half full of nothing.

The build quality of this one didn't seem as good as the first one I got when it was initially released. The plastics were more noticeably different in color. Particularly the chest was darker and the color was not mixed well as there were some black swirls in the plastic. There were more paint chips out of the box. Also the leg and arm joints were a lot looser. Where the legs were actually difficult to move in the first one I got, the right leg flops around on the new one.

I got a second VF-27 from AmiAmi a week or so ago. I'm glad AmiAmi found a better way to package the poster in with the toy so that it didn't require such a huge box half full of nothing.

The build quality of this one didn't seem as good as the first one I got when it was initially released. The plastics were more noticeably different in color. Particularly the chest was darker and the color was not mixed well as there were some black swirls in the plastic. There were more paint chips out of the box. Also the leg and arm joints were a lot looser. Where the legs were actually difficult to move in the first one I got, the right leg flops around on the new one.

wow, I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm glad I got mine early. :wacko:

Just got mine recently, and love it so much ^_^ .

However, I noticed that the nosecone doesn't seems to flush into landing gear bay in Battroid mode, exposing the shiny landing gear itself (unlike DX 25). Is it normal or I did something wrong?

That nose cone is on a tricky double joint, so you may have to work on that a little to find the right angle.

Do be extremely careful with the nosecone because the lilac paint will easily rub against the chestplate if mistransformed. The nose cone not being able to reside in the landing gear bay may cause this!

I followed the instruction to slide down the nose cone as far as the double joints can. I managed to avoid contact with the chestplate, and no paint scratch till now. Maybe I'll experiment with it if I have some time...hopefully I won't screw it and scratch the paint. Not that visible landing gear is that bad though, it's not really noticeable.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not the only one who thinks it's okay but not really impressed. ^_^

yeah, i get what you mean... it took awhile for me to really get into it. i guess from the show, i just kinda prefer the VF-25's design over the VF-27. i think the ravings for the DX 27 is due more to the fact that the DX 25 sucks when compared to each other.

I get the feeling we won't see anything new until someone opens one up for the first 'net review. Heck, Yamato still only shows prototype YF-19 pics for Isamu's, not the final... Some companies just never update, and show the samples/photoshops forever.

• 2 weeks later...

Forum software has been updated since my last visit I notice. Not bad, not bad at all!

Anyway, I just received my VF-27 today. Well...

BEST. VALK-TOY. EVER!!!

Beautiful model, and, contrary to Yamato Valks, it's 'tight', meaning no floppy/haning parts (well, not out of the box). I was surprised how small it was though. I had expected it to be much bigger, at least the size of the SV-51.

I haven't transformed it to Gerwalk or batroid yet though.

Still on the fence over whether I will get the mass-production green VF-27DX. The easily scratched nosecone paint has sort of turned me off this toy.

Guess I'll have to see how good a price a I can find it for.

Cash is a bit tight at the moment, as I just has to spend way more than I expected (or wanted), at the chiropractor.

Graham

They're shipping, my friend received my copy at home today.

edit:

bandai is saying that most of them are missing some stickers and they'll mail those out on the 25th.

Yup my friend got mine today 3 VF-27's and 11 Stands, he also sent me the email Bandai sent to him.

お客様各位この度は魂ウェブ商店にて「DX超合金 VF-27β ルシファーバルキリー(グレイス・オコナー機/一般機)」をお買い求めいただき、まことにありがとうございました。この度、配送のお手配作業中に、商品付属の「マーキングシール」が一部不足していることが判明いたしました。現在、不足の「マーキングシール」の手配を急いでおります。商品の配送は予定通り6月17日より順次配送を開始しております。「マーキングシール」不足分につきましては、商品とは別のお届けとなります。ご迷惑をおかけいたしまして大変申し訳ございません。「マーキングシール」不足分は6月25日より順次発送予定でございます。商品とは別でのお届けとなりますこと、何卒ご了承いただけますよう重ねてお願い申し上げます。※「マーキングシール」は、「DX超合金 VF-27β ルシファーバルキリー(グレイス・オコナー機/一般機)」をお送りいたしましたご住所に、ご購入数量と同数を発送させて頂きます。※受取日を指定されている場合は、商品に合わせて発送させて頂く場合があります。今後とも、バンダイ商品をご愛用くださいますとともに、お気づきの点がございましたら下記までお問合せくださいますようお願い申し上げます。<お問い合わせ先>バンダイお客様相談センター 04-7146-0371●電話受付時間 月~金曜日(祝日を除く) 10時~16時

There, that should answer all of your questions. LOL, OK, apparently there was some type of unexpected problem and they do not have the correct amount of stickers.Due to this, they will begin shipping additional stickers separately beginning on the 25th.They say they will be shipping in order of the orders placed, so I don't know how far down the line yours was,but we may have to wait a little bit on them.

So where ever you guys are getting yours from ask about the stickers. Im gonna have my stickers shipped to me later whenever they get to my friends house.

Edited by anubis20

Blatantly taken from TFW, which themselves were from Sgcollect.com:

10s9dft.jpg

15gvvup.jpg

oa4yo7.jpg

2e3ucfs.jpg(that's not Grace)

2n6xjdj.jpg

282kr5g.jpg

23pvv8.jpg

dzgqc0.jpg

I'm thinking that the missing "stickers" are actually my much-desired "102" modex numbers on the legs and tailfins. :(

I think there's a slight "holdover" from Brera's---the ankles and fingers look purplish.

I sure hope "missing stickers" isn't the same as "missing tampo printing". Stickers are not a replacement for missing paint...

Did Brera's come with a sticker sheet? Or maybe the fold booster has stickers?

Nope Brera's didnt come with any stickers, matter of fact I dont think any DX's ever came with any stickers.