Battlestar Galactica Discussion IV with Blood And Chrome

Thanks azrael, Uxi, that actually makes pretty good sense on the MKII Vipers,.I'm one of those sticklers for detail and kept thinking these Vipers look slightly different, but still really cool and love the different squadron markings.

Took a bit of getting used too not the seeing MK VII's though as they haven't been built yet.

Give us room to see prototypes and/or mainline Mk III through Mk VI, as well, which could perform different roles (ex: CAS dedicated Mk IV, two-seat Mk V strike, etc).

Give us room to see prototypes and/or mainline Mk III through Mk VI, as well, which could perform different roles (ex: CAS dedicated Mk IV, two-seat Mk V strike, etc).

You're asking too much from a pilot episode/movie. And unless SyFy changes it's mind and decides they want more of this show that they filmed last year, I doubt we'll get any of that. Keep in mind they filmed this back in early-mid 2011.

Lol, yeah I love how the further we go back in any sci-fi series: Star Wars, Star Trek, BSG, etc, the better everything looks. It was great seeing the Galactica again though, and I missed hearing the audio report of the Dradis...

I will call you out on for this series just because it was established in the regular series that the Galactica was on its way to retirement and had most of its armor and weaponry removed. All that was left was the stuff that couldn't be easily removed beforehand and still keep it combat ready. More than likely a lot of those weapons we see now were replaced with newer ones that were not as obvious on the hull.

I will call you out on for this series just because it was established in the regular series that the Galactica was on its way to retirement and had most of its armor and weaponry removed. All that was left was the stuff that couldn't be easily removed beforehand and still keep it combat ready. More than likely a lot of those weapons we see now were replaced with newer ones that were not as obvious on the hull.

I was refering more to production values and style, not the actual equipment in the story. Blood and Chrome "looks" and "feels" newer than the BSG that spawned it but, like Azrael says, it's because of our advancing cinematic technology...

I was refering more to production values and style, not the actual equipment in the story. Blood and Chrome "looks" and "feels" newer than the BSG that spawned it but, like Azrael says, it's because of our advancing cinematic technology...

That doesn't explain why Revolution and Once Upon A Time looks like crap. :lol:

Yup, MkIII's are confirmed...also surprised to see that the Valkyrie class Battlestars are old enough to have served in the first Cylon war. Most thought it was a newer Battlestar when it was shown in the regular series.

Fantastic show so far. Fraking SyFy for not going forward with this. Maybe, we can at least get some more movies that take place during the first war. Plenty of stories to tell.

Chris

Other than being rushed because episodes are only seven or eight minutes, and possibly some shaky acting by the co-pilot, I don't see what's so bad about the mini. I've been enjoying it so far.

Some poeple like blondes, some like brunettes, and some even gingers.

Is that all were getting? Haven't read up on it.

Yes. SyFy may consider more online series down the road, but for now this is all they have planned. If it does really really really well, they may even promote it up to TV-status instead of web-series.

Yup, and the Commander was Master-at-arms Hadrian. The Dradis officer was Cpt. Kelly and the ace pilot that Adama was fawning over was One of the "sunshine boys" from the Pegasus...the one that joined in Geats's coup.

Chris

Yes. SyFy may consider more online series down the road, but for now this is all they have planned. If it does really really really well, they may even promote it up to TV-status instead of web-series.

Would they reboot for TV, or just continue?

Would they reboot for TV, or just continue?

Maybe not reboot, but push it down a bit (like say, a month or 6 after the events of this series). They would probably have to recast people to work with everyone's schedules. But who knows.

You're asking too much from a pilot episode/movie. And unless SyFy changes it's mind and decides they want more of this show that they filmed last year, I doubt we'll get any of that. Keep in mind they filmed this back in early-mid 2011.

Right. That was just idle speculation over the nerdgasm possibilities on a hypothetically picked up "real" series.

Yup, and the Commander was Master-at-arms Hadrian. The Dradis officer was Cpt. Kelly and the ace pilot that Adama was fawning over was One of the "sunshine boys" from the Pegasus...the one that joined in Geats's coup.

Chris

Yes, YES! I'm glad to see those familiar faces again...

Guess I'll wait for the whole thing. I just wanted to see what we're getting. I'm struggling not to take a peek tho!

That is some sheer will power there EXO if you've managed not to watch this yet, sucks its only in 10 minute segments but its really cool so far.

The unrated DVD-Bluray can not come soon enough!!

I don't get it-why don't you guys want to watch it now? I'm figuring that the release next year is pointless if they're releasing the material now...

Edited by myk

I don't get it-why don't you guys want to watch it now? I'm figuring that the release next year is pointless if they're releasing the material now...

I HATE watching things on my PC rather then my TV. Really all there is to it. Well that and wanting to be able to watch it all in one sitting rather then in 10 minute chunks over the course of a few weeks. In the meantime I've got the original show and the Razor movie to watch.

I HATE watching things on my PC rather then my TV. Really all there is to it. Well that and wanting to be able to watch it all in one sitting rather then in 10 minute chunks over the course of a few weeks. In the meantime I've got the original show and the Razor movie to watch.

Yeah ok I get that-the chunks are definitely annoying. I will say I'm the odd man out when it comes to watching things on my PC-I love that for some reason lol...