Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

Looks absolutely epic!

It was one of my favorite MST3K episodes, I can say that much.

And it had my favorite riff ever(*), "Lets look lively everyone!" - and it wasn't even a line from the MST3K crew. (can't say why it's great - that gives it away)

(*) - Second favorite, my favorite is from a vampire movie, the must have scene at the end where they are killing the vampire in a boarded up building, hero hits a support off the building revealing sunlit - and the vampire instantly bursts into flames - to which crow says the following line deadpan "Gee - some people burn awefully easy in the sun"

But back to Space Mutiny - it was an absolute disaster of a movie without the MST3K treatment.

It was one of my favorite MST3K episodes, I can say that much.

And it had my favorite riff ever(*), "Lets look lively everyone!" - and it wasn't even a line from the MST3K crew. (can't say why it's great - that gives it away)

(*) - Second favorite, my favorite is from a vampire movie, the must have scene at the end where they are killing the vampire in a boarded up building, hero hits a support off the building revealing sunlit - and the vampire instantly bursts into flames - to which crow says the following line deadpan "Gee - some people burn awefully easy in the sun"

But back to Space Mutiny - it was an absolute disaster of a movie without the MST3K treatment.

yeah I agree :D

another gem was Future War

Not meant to be taken seriously, dude, so out of contention. How about Silent Running. That is a load of shite.....

Taksraven

Oh come on. It was Bruce Dern's greatest work! OK, that's not saying much, but still, it wasn't that bad.

Actually, wait, that fox of a daughter of his was his greatest work ^_^:wub:

Edited by Vostok 7

Oh come on. It was Bruce Dern's greatest work! OK, that's not saying much, but still, it wasn't that bad.

Actually, wait, that fox of a daughter of his was his greatest work ^_^:wub:

I actually liked that film, for a budget film it did ok, With all the interest in end of the world type films it would be a prime candidate for a modern remake with its, the Earth is F**ked and this is the only green stuff we have left, lets not blow it up, hell lets blow it up as it will be fun etc.

From a modlers point of view it had some good stuff nice shots of the ship, Huey, Duey and Lewey, etc

There are far worse mostly already mentioned here.

I actually liked that film, for a budget film it did ok, With all the interest in end of the world type films it would be a prime candidate for a modern remake with its, the Earth is F**ked and this is the only green stuff we have left, lets not blow it up, hell lets blow it up as it will be fun etc.

From a modlers point of view it had some good stuff nice shots of the ship, Huey, Duey and Lewey, etc

There are far worse mostly already mentioned here.

Yep, I thought it was decent enough.

And Robot Jox was as close to a Battletech movie as we'll probably ever get, so I can't say anything bad about it. It's been a LOOOOOOONG time since I saw it last though. I have it on DVD, need to watch it some day.

I liked Wing Commander, didn't do justice to the games though, but I felt that at least they tried to make a scifi space fighter flick. The retro designs for the fighters were really neat :D .

For a film I got to see on the Sci-Fi channel and the premium movie channels, it was decent. But having Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Shaggy from Scooby-Doo weirded me out. And thanks to the Greatest Movie Ever podcast about it, I can't take the space bulldozer scene seriously anymore.

How accurate was the Wing Commander movie to the source material? The film made the universe sound interesting.

Edited by Einherjar

For a film I got to see on the Sci-Fi channel and the premium movie channels, it was decent. But having Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Shaggy from Scooby-Doo weirded me out. And thanks to the Greatest Movie Ever podcast about it, I can't take the space bulldozer scene seriously anymore.

How accurate was the Wing Commander movie to the source material? The film made the universe sound interesting.

For the most part, it should've been true to the original, as it was directed by Chris Roberts, creator of the game series. Unfortunately, he had no skills as a film director (aside from the FMVs of games) and he didn't seem to care anymore about the outcome of the film. As a result, the movie was a disaster.

For the most part, it should've been true to the original, as it was directed by Chris Roberts, creator of the game series. Unfortunately, he had no skills as a film director (aside from the FMVs of games) and he didn't seem to care anymore about the outcome of the film. As a result, the movie was a disaster.

I know someone who saw it twice in the theater.

That same person saw Battlefield Earth three times in the theater, and proclaimed that anyone who DIDN'T like it just hated Scientology.

I know someone who saw it twice in the theater.

That same person saw Battlefield Earth three times in the theater, and proclaimed that anyone who DIDN'T like it just hated Scientology.

Actually, I have some friends who are Scientologists, and they hated that movie.

Actually, I have some friends who are Scientologists, and they hated that movie.

What's weird is that my friend who said that was one of the biggest anti-Scientology crusaders I know. But he really liked L. Ron Hubbard's science fiction (except for Mission Earth...I don't think he even ATTEMPTED that one).

What's weird is that my friend who said that was one of the biggest anti-Scientology crusaders I know. But he really liked L. Ron Hubbard's science fiction (except for Mission Earth...I don't think he even ATTEMPTED that one).

Mission Earth has not been adapted into film, and given the outcome of Battlefield Earth, it probably never will.

I never saw it and I have no intention of watching it? How much worse is it than Highlander: Endgame?

The five minute version is the good version. Due to the fact that its only five minutes. That's 85 minutes of your life you save.

He beats the last guy by running around him really fast. Seriously.

Also Dragon Wars if it hasn't been mentioned already.

But if you combine the two movies you one possibly cool movie.

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

The Fountain, staring Hugh Jackman. It was a case of Never Trust a Trailer for me. I was expecting this epic story about a couple gaining immortality and going through trials and tribulations in their love while something separated them. Also, Hugh Jackman being a bad ass in some war scenes. Instead, it was about three somewhat connected stories about the Fountain of Youth with Hugh Jackman as the protagonists with a Gainex ending. And the war scene I was expecting? Only Jackman dressed as a Conquistador alone vs. a bunch of Mayans in the beginning out of nowhere, and he lost.

You heard me, Wolverine got beat by Mayans in this film.

Edited by Einherjar

The Fountain, staring Hugh Jackman. It was a case of Never Trust a Trailer for me. I was expecting this epic story about a couple gaining immortality and going through trials and tribulations in their love while something separated them. Also, Hugh Jackman being a bad ass in some war scenes. Instead, it was about three somewhat connected stories about the Fountain of Youth with Hugh Jackman as the protagonists with a Gainex ending. And the war scene I was expecting? Only Jackman dressed as a Conquistador alone vs. a bunch of Mayans in the beginning out of nowhere, and he lost.

You heard me, Wolverine got beat by Mayans in this film.

... If I recall correctly, didn't he got pwnd by The Tree of Life and, not by the Mayans

... If I recall correctly, didn't he got pwnd by The Tree of Life and, not by the Mayans

I didn't want to spoil it. So yes,

first the Mayans then the Tree of Life pwnd Spanish Hugh Jackman. In another story, Scientist Hugh Jackman got pwnd by a brain tumor that killed his wife. That caused him to become astronaut Hugh Jackman or something and take a spaceship out of Tenchi Muyo to a dying star to wish his wife back. Unfortunately, it just brought him back to the time when she was still alive. She'll still die, but scientist Hugh Jackman learns to accept it and spend more time with her. Also, Spanish Hugh Jackman is fictional.

So that makes it the Mayans, the Tree of Life, brain tumors, and a dying star pwnd Hugh Jackman in The Fountain.

Edited by Einherjar

I never saw it and I have no intention of watching it? How much worse is it than Highlander: Endgame?

I thought the 5 min version was even worse than endgame. That Highlander movie looks so stupid I want to scream.

Endgame wasn't THAT bad; it was better than Highlander II and Highlander III anyways. It's a lot more enjoyable though if you think of it as a sequel to the TV series and not the original movie, and if you like the TV series (which I do).

The Source is just plain bad. So was III. Highlander II was terrible, but in a way that makes it really fun to watch.

Endgame wasn't THAT bad; it was better than Highlander II and Highlander III anyways. It's a lot more enjoyable though if you think of it as a sequel to the TV series and not the original movie, and if you like the TV series (which I do).

That's the whole problem, as the producers failed to stick to the premise of the first film:

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

The TV series was good on many parts, but it would've been better if it didn't involve Connor MacLeod. Having two immortal MacLeods with katanas in the same place makes no sense.

That's the whole problem, as the producers failed to stick to the premise of the first film:

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

The TV series was good on many parts, but it would've been better if it didn't involve Connor MacLeod. Having two immortal MacLeods with katanas in the same place makes no sense.

the show explained it pretty well, I didn't have a problem with it, especially since the movies made even less sense.

Speaking of Connor Macleod, did Christophe Lambert ever played in a good movie beside the first Highlander and Greystoke ?

I mean, Vercingetorix, Beowulf, Mean Guns, Mortal Kombat and so many more....is he trying to have the same kind of career that Christopher Lee ?

99% of crap and 1% of watchable movies ?

Edited by Castel

Speaking of Connor Macleod, did Christophe Lambert ever played in a good movie beside the first Highlander and Greystoke ?

I mean, Vercingetorix, Beowulf, Mean Guns, Mortal Kombat and so many more....is he trying to have the same kind of career that Christopher Lee ?

99% of crap and 1% of watchable movies ?

I remember watching him in a "kind of o.k" french movie with Sophie Marceau. So I suppose that makes the 1%?

Also Dragon Wars if it hasn't been mentioned already.

Although it certainly was terrible, I did like watching it. Unlike another dragon based movie it at least delivered what it promised (Dragon's fighting against modern weapons), unlike another recent dragon movie that did not.

"Reign of Fire", had that picture with a Dragon getting ready to fight with a bunch of Apache Helicopters, somehow that scene didn't make it into the movie though.