Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

WTF why would you even think of making something that bad, let alone think you'd get away with it.

That sort of stuff gets you fatwa'd or your house fire bombed.

Argh!!

Thats gonna be a hard one to beat.

WTF why would you even think of making something that bad, let alone think you'd get away with it.

That sort of stuff gets you fatwa'd or your house fire bombed.

Argh!!

Thats gonna be a hard one to beat.

I was going to mention avatar but I have to agree with Big F there. That is hard to beat.

omg what about "Yor: The Hunter From the Future"?

I remember loving this terrible (terrible) movie when I was a kid.

Haven't seen it recently but if I recall correctly it's pretty damn awful. So awful that it comes around full circle to good then back to awful again.

Has anyone seen the Pendragon ver. of War of the Worlds? I've heard this film takes bad to epic proportions, and from the trailer I've seen on youtube, I'm apt to believe it. It appears to have a budget rivaling that of a rural-high-school play [honest to God, some of the actors are wearing what look like taped-on moustaches!]. I'm no masochist by any means; so I don't know why I've something of an urge to go out and find this on DVD, purchase large quantities of alcohol and attempt to watch it...

Also, the Asylum ver of the same movie is truly, truly a front runner for this award--saw a snippet on SciFi channel, and I just couldn't endure. And I've always considered myself something of a B-movie connoisseur.

I'd actually like to see a rendition faithful to Wells' original telling, truth be told. The Martian heat ray is much more terrifying in its original concept; but I can see how it would be difficult to translate to film.

Edited by reddsun1

Has anyone seen the Pendragon ver. of War of the Worlds? I've heard this film takes bad to epic proportions, and from the trailer I've seen on youtube, I'm apt to believe it. It appears to have a budget rivaling that of a rural-high-school play [honest to God, some of the actors are wearing what look like taped-on moustaches!]. I'm no masochist by any means; so I don't know why I've something of an urge to go out and find this on DVD, purchase large quantities of alcohol and attempt to watch it...

what, you don't think this looks like one of the finest films ever made?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uftynBphp94

While searching for more info on Mega-Shark Vs Crocosaurus I ran into this...

Fwaaah! How do I get a copy of this?

http://en.wikipedia....gon_Lives_Again

"Bruceploitation" was a genre of its own? So that's how big Bruce is in Hong Kong.

BTW, on the subject of Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus, there really isn't much information available online other than the fact that Wanzerfan's favorite actor is starring in it.

I actually bought it on DVD when it was first released (although I forget why). I think I managed to sit about 3/4 through the movie, before ejecting it from the player and tossing it in the trash.

Graham

a movie of two kids playing the board game would still be better than fighting water bound space aliens... if they're water bound, how the hell did they get to earth?

movies about kids playing board games are awesome, haven't you ever seen Jumanji and Zethura?

movies about kids playing board games are awesome, haven't you ever seen Jumanji and Zethura?

Yeah, Zathura was awesome, especially that part where that chick was totally ready to do her younger brother.

Yeah, Zathura was awesome, especially that part where that chick was totally ready to do her younger brother.

Nice try at acting like you don't know who the "chick" is.... :p :P :p

the visual effects for the Zorlon? aliens were impressive, but otherwise that movie blew chunks.

Ugh! I couldn't stand the crappy VHS quality, so I found a better version.

Ah yes, 80's cheese at it's best. ^_^

I actually bought it on DVD when it was first released (although I forget why). I think I managed to sit about 3/4 through the movie, before ejecting it from the player and tossing it in the trash.

Graham

There's a guy that was posting eps to youtube, "Toyman Productions," that was serializing both the 1897 and Orson Wells vers, using stop motion and (what else) toys. They're actually quite entertaining. It's always cool to see ingenuity working around a shoestring budget. And, given the constraints of the technology being used, he's still come closest of all to Wells' vision of the Martian heat ray in action, and what the walkers most probably looked like.

It's neat to try to figure out what bits and pieces are used to fabricate the props for stuff like this. LOL, I think the top half of a "Leggs" container forms the hood for one of the walker designs! :p I remember as a kid, having to go into the store to get them for me mum on Sundays before church...