Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

hey now, Sixth sense was a good movie, just everything else has been crap. :p

M-Night-Shyamalan-movie-chart-morning-links-616-full.jpg

pssst. *whispers* You could draw up a similar chart for most film directors and they would look very similar!

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time of the year again: The 31st Golden Raspberry Awards. Dominating the nominations are The Last Airbender, The Bounty Hunter, Sex and the City 2, Vampires Suck and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. Surprisingly, Jonah Hex did not receive enough nominations. Here's the list:

Worst Picture

The Bounty Hunter

The Last Airbender

Sex and the City 2

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Vampires Suck

Worst Actor

Jack Black (Gulliver's Travels)

Gerard Butler (The Bounty Hunter)

Ashton Kutcher (Killers and Valentine's Day)

Taylor Lautner (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and Valentine's Day)

Robert Pattinson (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and Remember Me)

Worst Actress

Jennifer Aniston (The Bounty Hunter)

Miley Cyrus (The Last Song)

The four "gal pals" in Sex and the City 2

Megan Fox (Jonah Hex)

Kristen Stewart (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse)

Worst Supporting Actor

Billy Ray Cyrus (The Spy Next Door)

George Lopez (Marmaduke, The Spy Next Door and Valentine's Day)

Dev Patel (The Last Airbender)

Jackson Rathbone (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and The Last Airbender)

Rob Schneider (Grown Ups)

Worst Supporting Actress

Jessica Alba (The Killer Inside Me, Little Fockers, Machete and Valentine's Day)

Cher (Burlesque)

Liza Minelli (Sex and the City 2)

Nicola Peltz (The Last Airbender)

Barbra Streisand (Little Fockers)

Worst Director

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (Vampires Suck)

Michael Patrick King (Sex and the City 2)

M. Night Shyalaman (The Last Airbender)

David Slade (The Twilight Saga: Eclipse)

Sylvester Stallone (The Expendables)

Worst Screenplay

The Last Airbender

Little Fockers

Sex and the City 2

Vampires Suck

Worst On-Screen Couple/Ensemble

Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler (The Bounty Hunter)

Josh Brolin's face and Megan Fox (Jonah Hex)

The entire cast of The Last Airbender

The entire cast of Sex and the City 2

The entire cast of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Worst Prequel/Remake/Sequel/Ripoff

Clash of the Titans

The Last Airbender

Sex and the City 2

Vampires Suck

Worst Eye-Gouging Misuse of 3-D

Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore

Clash of the Titans

The Last Airbender

The Nutcracker in 3D

Saw 3D

Sex and the city 2 wasn't that bad.

Somebody is going soft in his old age..... :D:p :P :p

Dude, there is a "guilty pleasures" thread somewhere on this site, I think you have some confessing to do.

Somebody is going soft in his old age..... :D:p :P :p

Dude, there is a "guilty pleasures" thread somewhere on this site, I think you have some confessing to do.

HAHAHA!!!

Not even a guilty pleasure. I love Sex and the City, such a good show. If you watch every episode of that show, you will be much closer to having women figured out. I see watching it as intel gathering on the enemy. (I see women as the enemy as they all want to marry us and imprison us in shitty, mediocre lives... Then blame us for it.)

I just love the girls. I am definitely more a "Carrie" but most put me in the "Samantha" box.

I just love the girls. I am definitely more a "Carrie" but most put me in the "Samantha" box.

I think the lady that married the bald guy is the cutest of the bunch. My wife loved the show, and I was interested after hearing Big's line at the end of the first episode.

My wife didn't even bother to watch the second movie though.

HAHAHA!!!

Not even a guilty pleasure. I love Sex and the City, such a good show. If you watch every episode of that show, you will be much closer to having women figured out. I see watching it as intel gathering on the enemy. (I see women as the enemy as they all want to marry us and imprison us in shitty, mediocre lives... Then blame us for it.)

You're losing your edge. :p I hope you're being ironic.

Edited by Max Jenius

I think the lady that married the bald guy is the cutest of the bunch. My wife loved the show, and I was interested after hearing Big's line at the end of the first episode.

My wife didn't even bother to watch the second movie though.

Charlotte.

You're losing your edge. :p I hope you're being ironic.

I'm as sharp as ever.. But I love SITC

A. I. and Bicentenial Man are tear boring.

Both movies are flawed (I find A.I. to be more watchable), but both of them had a brilliant concept behind them and managed to do more in two hours with the "machines trying to define and achieve humanity" theme than the hack writers of Star Trek: The Next Generation did with Data over 7 seasons and several films.....

A.I. was originally supposed to have been a Kubrick film but he died too soon. Personally I don't think that old Kubrick would have done it justice, but I think that at his peak time (late 60's, early 70's) he probably would have made a masterpiece.

Edited by taksraven

Both movies are flawed (I find A.I. to be more watchable), but both of them had a brilliant concept behind them and managed to do more in two hours with the "machines trying to define and achieve humanity" theme than the hack writers of Star Trek: The Next Generation did with Data over 7 seasons and several films.....

A.I. was originally supposed to have been a Kubrick film but he died too soon. Personally I don't think that old Kubrick would have done it justice, but I think that at his peak time (late 60's, early 70's) he probably would have made a masterpiece.

I've always felt that if you took A.I. and lopped off the last 15 minutes or so of the movie it would have been a much better film. I've always hated that it ends with aliens and them flash cloning his mom, it's Just so cheesy and stupid. Personally I would have preferred Kubrick at any age to Spielberg but I agree that had he done it 30 years earlier it would have been amazing.

Re: A.I.'s ending

Why does everyone think they're aliens? They're the robots, just "evolved" over centuries of upgrading themselves etc. They're re-discovering their own past and history of their "race". Not random aliens finding a new planet.

HAHAHA!!!

Ummmm what?! that just hit number 100 on my wierd -poo- o - meter

Why does everyone think they're aliens? They're the robots, just "evolved" over centuries of upgrading themselves etc. They're re-discovering their own past and history of their "race". Not random aliens finding a new planet.

Interesting...how did you come to this conclusion ?

Edited by mustang1

Because the film does a really poor job of conveying the fact that they're supposed to be robots. (at least I felt that way. I've watched the film several times and never realized that they where supposed to be robots until I read it on wikipedia.)

Edited by anime52k8

Because the film does a really poor job of conveying the fact that they're supposed to be robots. (at least I felt that way. I've watched the film several times and never realized that they where supposed to be robots until I read it on wikipedia.)

I'll ditto that, and I didn't think enough of the movie to bother looking up anything about it. They really should have made the robots at the end more robot-like rather then looking closer to the archtypical space alien...

(It wasn't a bad film, but nothing great either)

the dude has a TV in his head... how many aliens have we seen with TV heads? How many robots?

post-19-129625160806_thumb.gif

That ^ guy has a robot in his head, I just rewatched the last bit of AI, and I still say he blew it by making them look too much like the aliens from another sceince fiction film the director should be familiar with, Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

The epilogue doesn't take away anything at all. David still doesn't technically get what he wants, just one last tease of it. Beautiful movie alltogether, and I can't wait for the bluray release in a couple months.

I know! I was just saying this to somebody the other day!

One of the main ideas of the movie is the relationship between parents and children.

Thats for sure. Watch the film with a woman who has had a child, especially the scene where Monica abandons David. My wife can't bear to watch it, its waaaay too much emotionally. (Mothers losing their children or possibly losing their children is a them, of course, that Spielberg explored in both CE3K and E.T.)

I think another reason why people didn't like this film is that it ultimately sends you out of the theatre in a sad emotional state. Audiences don't like that.

I think another reason why people didn't like this film is that it ultimately sends you out of the theatre in a sad emotional state. Audiences don't like that.

The main problem is the film itself could not decide if it was edgy or cute, Kubrick would have made the film much edgier - and that would have made all the difference. Spielberg took the sting out of the movie, and left it feeling flat. Until this thread came up I'd forgotten a good bit of the movie, which does not happen when I watch a movie that has emotional impact.

Something I just watched (for god knows what reason): 1990's Frankenstein Unbound!!!

This is by far the worst thing I've ever seen related to Frankenstein/Frankenstein's monster; and I'm including Van Helsing in that statement.