Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

I bet the budget of "The Last Dinosaur" was so low they couldn't afford Ray Harryhausen (sp.?).

As I understand it, the film was a joint US-Japanese studio production; hence, the use of the man-in-a-rubber-suit technology, by then a staple of the Japanese monster-movie industry. If you're gonna make a giant monster movie with dudes in suits, you may as well go to the best!

As I understand it, the film was a joint US-Japanese studio production; hence, the use of the man-in-a-rubber-suit technology, by then a staple of the Japanese monster-movie industry. If you're gonna make a giant monster movie with dudes in suits, you may as well go to the best!

The "best" actually being the worst in this case.

MES-SAAAAGGGGGE FROOOOOOOM SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCEE!!!! :p

Dude, I would so like to see a face off between Rockseia

messagespace2.jpg

and Darth Vader

113774-darth_vader.jpg

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Never mind using the door--a battle so epic, it'll blow the fu**in' walls outta tha room!

Edited by reddsun1

Since majority of fighting game adaptations are sci-fi, I nominate the following (with #1 being the absolute worst of the bunch):

Worst Live-Action Adaptations of Fighting Games

1. The King of Fighters (2010)

2. Double Dragon (1994)

3. Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)

4. DOA: Dead or Alive (2008)

5. Tekken (2010)

6. Street Fighter: The Movie (1994)

7. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997)

Worst Anime Adaptations of Fighting Games

1. Art of Fighting (1993)

2. Samurai Shodown (1993)

3. Tekken (1997)

4. Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer (1996)

5. Battle Arena Toshinden (1996)

Edited by areaseven

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I had NO idea of the DEPTHS that these guys would sink to in making truly crappy films. It's like they're trying to dethrone Troma Films or something as the absolute (best) worst movie makers of all time. :blink:

Sherlock_holmes_by_asylum_film_poster.jpg

As if this description of one of their latest toilet-bowl-floaters isn't hint enough:

"No, we didn't overdose on ether and photoshop together the fever-nightmares: That is the real poster for Asylum film's rip-off of the Robert Downey, Jr. movie. Apparently, Holmes' greatest accomplishment wasn't solving some kind of pussy mystery with stupid gay logic; it was that time he punched an Octopus in the tits, mounted a T-rex, and ghost-rode that poo into a farting dragon. Don't believe us? Here's the trailer:"

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/funny-6250-asylum-films/#ixzz13wnxkObo

Honestly, I wouldn't mind working for these guys. That'd be like a f'ing irreverent badge of pride or something. Could bust up in practically any Hollywood bar scene, throw your leg up all Captain Morgan style, and proceed to brazenly hit on pretty women. "...yeah that's right baby. I make movies. I work for Asylum Pictures."

Okay, I keed! I keed! <_<

They got Dominic Keating/Malcolm Reed to be in their movie? It's sure been a while since Enterprise got canceled.

I liked how Watson described this story as something he left out about Holmes' career in the trailer. But how are you supposed to keep a story involving a T-Rex, a dragon, and octopus destroying a city secret?

I liked how Watson described this story as something he left out about Holmes' career in the trailer. But how are you supposed to keep a story involving a T-Rex, a dragon, and octopus destroying a city secret?

Oh, now see; you went and used logic, and just plain common sense--which is apparently MISTAKE #1, when it comes to trying to watch ANYTHING by these guys. :p It seems that expecting anything like a coherent plot, or consistent story/character details is just setting the bar way too high for Asylum. I nearly LOL'd when I read the description for 100 Million BC.

ed: honest to God, I thought Snakes on A Train, the followup to Samuel L's airborne stinkfest, was just another internet myth. But Dear Lord! It really does exist!

Edited by reddsun1

Sometimes I kinda think we are living in a sort of parallel universe, a bit like in the Arnie film (someone remind me what its called) where he is a movie character that comes to life. That and every dream dreamed or book ever written is somewhere real in some alternative reality.

In our reality Hollyweird decides to make it real. So we add to that messed up dimension/parallel universe.

I'm gonna eat loads of cheese and go to bed and dream up the next block buster.

The Last Action Hero

I'm sort of assisting another author on their MacF fanfic that kinda plays on what you were suggesting about alternate realities coming into existence when we create them... He seems to be adamant that it's a good story idea. It all depends on the final product and how its executed as to how good it comes out.

Sometimes I kinda think we are living in a sort of parallel universe, a bit like in the Arnie film (someone remind me what its called) where he is a movie character that comes to life. That and every dream dreamed or book ever written is somewhere real in some alternative reality.

In our reality Hollyweird decides to make it real. So we add to that messed up dimension/parallel universe.

I hope you're not thinking like that because Arnie ended up as governor of California or something. :lol:

The Last Action Hero

I'm sort of assisting another author on their MacF fanfic that kinda plays on what you were suggesting about alternate realities coming into existence when we create them... He seems to be adamant that it's a good story idea. It all depends on the final product and how its executed as to how good it comes out.

See if you dream it it will become.....

I think with the right story it would be a good idea. The BBC used it in the Final episodes of Red Dwarf, They had the characters come to our reality where they found out they were actors on a t.v program. A lot of creative fun could be had with that type of story.

I hope you're not thinking like that because Arnie ended up as governor of California or something. :lol:

Now what would be great was if Arnie had been replaced by a T101 from the future intent on destroying mankind the slow way, errm come to think of it that would fit in well with the terminator T.V series.

Don't forget that part in Demolition Man where they mentioned amending the Constitution so Arnie could be President.... lol. We got real close there, too! *whew!*

lol, he doesn't even know how to use the three sea shells!

I think with the right story it would be a good idea. The BBC used it in the Final episodes of Red Dwarf, They had the characters come to our reality where they found out they were actors on a t.v program. A lot of creative fun could be had with that type of story.

That was also basically the finale to "Eerie, Indiana" if anyone remembers that show. :lol:

I also loved Demolition Man. I couldn't stop laughing at that part when he just keep cursing at the little machine to get some "paper". All throughout the movie, anytime someone would swear, you'd hear that little klaxon go off somewhere in the background. Nice touch...

"Be well, John Spartan..."

"Be well??! Be f---ed!"

I think I enjoyed watching Flesh Gordon more than that movie.

I loved Flesh Gordan, "The pain, the embarrasement, the Hemroids".

And actual One Eyed Snakes... (OK - been a while, they might not have been snakes per say, but the sound effect when they blinked their eye was priceless).

Its really funny how at 1:18, the blood comes out of her mouth at *exactly* the same moment as when she is stabbed in the stomach.

Taksraven

Oh come on! The best part of that was the bungee jumper at the end. That made me laugh!

Edited by Noriko Takaya

Oh come on! The best part of that was the bungee jumper at the end. That made me laugh!

The bungee jumper was deliberate humor, the bit I mentioned was absolute stupidity......

Taksraven