Worst Science Fiction Film of All Time

JELEINEN

<!--quoteo(post=843141:date=Apr 6 2010, 11:38 AM:name=Dynaman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dynaman @ Apr 6 2010, 11:38 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=843141"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Another bad movie with a scifi portion was "Deadtime Stories", it was a horror movie about a guy telling his niece and nephew bedtime stories so he could go watch TV, one of the stories was Goldilocks and the three bears, but in this case the three bears were bank robbers (think of the three bears from Bugs bunny fame - but they are people instead of bears) and Goldilocks had telekinetic powers.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sounds pretty lame to me. Is it an 80s special?

How did I miss this earlier? Anyway, they play the thing for laughs - think of the Three Bears from the Bugs Bunny cartoons and you have how the three bears in this behaved. It also has the great line "OK, let'd do the Avon lady routine - I'll knock on the door and you cover me with the Uzi". NOTE - I was in my late teens / early twenties when I saw this...

Dragon Wars...must have been the worst movie ever dreamed of, made and released. If you are looking for a laugh, enjoy the same repeated scenes over and over again....OH NOES! THE DRAGONZ IZ HEEERE! RUUN!!! Escape, talk about what is happening, and then OH NOES! THE DRAGONZ HAZ FOUNDZ USH AGAIN! RUUUUUUUUN!!! Escape, and have an epiphany start figuring out why everything is happening and then OH NOES! THE DRAGONZ IZ BACK...RUUUUUUUUUN! Escape, send helicopters to attack and have the pilots oddly look alike (same actor). It hurts to continue talkin about it...

Escape, send helicopters to attack and have the pilots oddly look alike (same actor). It hurts to continue talkin about it...

Unlike some movies, that had a picture of a Dragon and a bunch of helicopters on the movie poster, THIS one actually did have helicopters fighting dragons (and not just one - even if is just a rehashed CGI model of the same one)

Dragon Wars...must have been the worst movie ever dreamed of, made and released. If you are looking for a laugh, enjoy the same repeated scenes over and over again....OH NOES! THE DRAGONZ IZ HEEERE! RUUN!!! Escape, talk about what is happening, and then OH NOES! THE DRAGONZ HAZ FOUNDZ USH AGAIN! RUUUUUUUUN!!! Escape, and have an epiphany start figuring out why everything is happening and then OH NOES! THE DRAGONZ IZ BACK...RUUUUUUUUUN! Escape, send helicopters to attack and have the pilots oddly look alike (same actor). It hurts to continue talkin about it...

But if you combine it with Highlander the source then get a movie that sound good on paper.

Abandon ship!

They missed an opportunity there. When they were coming out with "The same date, the same course, the same fate" crap, they also should have had.....

THE SAME ICEBERG!!!!

Would have rocked then.....

They missed an opportunity there. When they were coming out with "The same date, the same course, the same fate" crap, they also should have had.....

THE SAME ICEBERG!!!!

Would have rocked then.....

Arrrg that wouldhave cut down on production costs. Maybe the original is still out there quietly skulking around looking for its next victim. Then again maybe not due to global warming.

No - but that brings to mind the TV series "Quark", which would belong on this list if it were a movie rather then a TV show.

If we're going to bring up TV show's, then I nominate the TV version of Logan's Run, and "Space Police."

I thought The Island was a remake of Logan's Run? At least, that's what I got from the trailers...

No - "The Island" was a remake of "Parts - The Clonus Horror" (so says the lawsuit and avid MST3K viewers). And Parts does deserve a mention on the list - even though it had a decent idea the actual movie itself fell flat (excellent MST3K source material though)

"Space Police."

I don't remember "Space Police", your not refering to "Space Rangers" (or maybe it is a US/elsewhere title change). Space Rangers truly was dreadful in every possible way.

No - "The Island" was a remake of "Parts - The Clonus Horror" (so says the lawsuit and avid MST3K viewers). And Parts does deserve a mention on the list - even though it had a decent idea the actual movie itself fell flat (excellent MST3K source material though)

True...but the first half of The Island was definitely "inspired" by Logan's Run.

The Island itself would probably make a good episode of MST3K, now that I think about it... Maybe Rifftrax will do something with it. ^_^

I don't remember "Space Police", your not refering to "Space Rangers" (or maybe it is a US/elsewhere title change). Space Rangers truly was dreadful in every possible way.

Found it, I was actually referring to "Space Precinct", but somehow got the title mixed up with a lego toy line...

Edited by Keith

Found it, I was actually referring to "Space Precinct", but somehow got the title mixed up with a lego toy line...

Only good thing about that show is that it proves that the Brits make bad TV shows too... I never heard of it before even though it was supposedly syndicated in the US.

Only good thing about that show is that it proves that the Brits make bad TV shows too... I never heard of it before even though it was supposedly syndicated in the US.

Pretty sure it was bannished to super late night saturday night syndication for it's whole run.

I don't think I ever saw an episode, but the reason why was probably the series was so bad, the network decided to shitcan it.

When you first posted that YouTube video, I thought you were talking about Space Rangers. I saw the first episode of that series, and thought it was pretty good. I don't think the network shared my opinion, because that series was shitcanned after a few episodes. What stood out in that episode was the line near the beginning that the guy with the cyber-prosthetic said (mainly because it was one of the first times the word was used in a television series not by its true definition.

"Bitch, bitch, bitch, that's all you were ever good at."

At least the word wasn't used in a derogatory way ;) .

Damn it, I qouted the wrong post. I was supposed to have quoted Keith's, not Dynaman's :rolleyes: .

Edited by Wanzerfan

I don't think I ever saw an episode, but the reason why was probably the series was so bad, the network decided to shitcan it.

When you first posted that YouTube video, I thought you were talking about Space Rangers. I saw the first episode of that series, and thought it was pretty good. I don't think the network shared my opinion, because that series was shitcanned after a few episodes. What stood out in that episode was the line near the beginning that the guy with the cyber-prosthetic said (mainly because it was one of the first times the word was used in a television series not by its true definition.

"Bitch, bitch, bitch, that's all you were ever good at."

At least the word wasn't used in a derogatory way wink.gif .

Damn it, I qouted the wrong post. I was supposed to have quoted Keith's, not Dynaman's rolleyes.gif .

Networks don't sh!tcan syndicated show's, they either pay for a run, or they don't.

It went for two series over here in Blighty. I didn't see all of them but the odd one or two were ok.

But bear in mind while it was airing we had Seaquest DSV and Babylon 5 to see. Both were superior.

Edited by big F

Ha Space Above and Beyond was filmed in a Chemical factory, well a couple of episodes were. That wasn't so bad as long as you disregarded the shows blatant disregard for physics and the speed of light.

...until Roy Scheider left Seaquest and the show, as a whole, got real gay. They must have hired some new writers, or something...

By far, the best plot twist in Seqquest was when they were abducted by aliens, then transported to the future. For though they were able to construct ships that traveled the stars, only a super Earth submarine that can only travel in water could save them... Much crack was enjoyed by the writers indeed.

Also loved how the Delouise brother's weren't related characters smile.gif

Edited by Keith

If by "best plot twist", you mean "singlehandedly destroyed the show", I'm in perfect agreement. Some of the characters wake up in a bar and have no idea how they got there... I was screaming "wtf is going on" at the television set.

Space Mutiny was pretty terrible. It looked like it was filmed in an abandoned chemical processing factory and the only highlights were the spandex leotards and decidedly creepy henchmen.

Space Mutiny gave us an episode of MST3K, and a mighty fine addition it made.

"Everyone! Look alive!"

What Sci-Fi shows don't disregard physics?

True but this one was supposed to be grounded in near now technology. Then in the first battle viewed from earth in a nearby star system (i forget which one) the news commentator tells viewers which ships bite the dust whilst the explosions are clearly visible on earth in real time.

Two problems there our nearest star is four light years away. Also a small ship even several miles long wouldn't make a big enough bang to be seen from 1 AU out let alone 4 ly's.

Graham what you are saying then is most of us have been abducted by aliens who then drop us off at the pub or bar.

Such interspecies cruelty is unfair. :)