Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

I could tell you what I'm getting today, but then I'd have to kill you.

Had a phone conversation with Yamato today, they say this is their best VF yet and they have put a lot of effort into making sure the joints are all tight and that the toy locks together very well and is really solid.

Graham

Had a phone conversation with Yamato today, they say this is their best VF yet and they have put a lot of effort into making sure the joints are all tight and that the toy locks together very well and is really solid.

Graham

Sweet...always happy when companies improve their products with such gusto, even when it's not something I'm interested in getting. Really wish to know what's on the horizon :)

Graham

So......

Did they fix the colour of the hands? Are the intake covers removeable? Are the eyes translucent? WHAT PARTS WILL BREAK, etc.... ^_^

I could tell you what I'm getting today, but then I'd have to kill you. [...]

Graham

Please don’t tell me you’re getting a VF-19KAI from Yamato TODAY for one of your famous reviews, otherwise it’s me who will have to kill you!!! ;)

So......

Did they fix the colour of the hands? Are the intake covers removeable? Are the eyes translucent? WHAT PARTS WILL BREAK, etc.... ^_^

If you look at the pictures from Yamato's blog, these are basically the final production version, not painted prototype.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/img/320-1.jpg

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/img/320-2.jpg

http://www.yamato-toys.com/blog/img/320-3.jpg

I'd been disappointed, but resigned to not picking this up due to my current financial situation....but now seeing those photos, it hurts a lot more and makes my old 1/60 YF-19 look a whole lot sadder. :lol:

Damn chicken hands

Damn MacDonald's Valk.

i sure hope to god that YAMATO milks this mold, though.

Mickey-D's VF aside, this mold truly does look SMASHING,

and is obviously flexible as all get-out.

it truly is a marked improvement over the 1/60v.I YF-19.

that much i cannot deny.

i just hope that this damned thing doesn't prove to be YAMATO's MACROSS swan song.

really now, an over-saturated market, coupled with a poor world-economy,

and topped off by a love it or hate it VF toy from a love it or hate it MACROSS series

that enjoys popularity pretty much only in it's home country, does not bode particularly well, IMO.

that said, given MAC-7's unfathomable high-popularity in japan, i rather fear that YAMATO is now going

to attempt to coast along over the next year at least on MAC-7 valk variants,

and people like me possibly might be lucky if we see YF/VF-19 variants

based on this new mold that aren't the VF-19kai or either of the two BLAZERs before we turn old and gray, if ever.

maybe i'm just pessimistic, but i'm just worried that we're going to be headed right back

to the Bad-Old-Days, when companies like BANDAI only wished to satisfy the lowest common denominator

of MACROSS fan, with those horrible MAC-7 products they marketed back then.

finally, with the market over-saturated as it is, even if YAMATO DOES get around to new non-MAC-7

YF-19 products, they will surely cost the less-affluent MACROSS fans out there (such as myself)

an arm, leg and a pair of kidneys.

MY GOD, what is the not so well-heeled MACROSS fan to do these days?

not so terribly long ago, $150.00USD seemed a princely sum for a 1/48 VF-1.

today though? we're looking at $200.00USD minimum, with $250/$300.00USD

the most common price point.

we get better design and QC then ever before with YAMATO products,

but BOY do we ever have to pay for it!! :(

Edited by Shaorin

soo- It's not "legal" for Graham to put up the review until it is released correct?? :unsure:

yeah, he did that for the SDF-1 as well, waited until it hit the streets and then he posted his review.

soo- It's not "legal" for Graham to put up the review until it is released correct?? :unsure:

Where's our other Sith Lord to tell us I will make it legal. ^_^

Holy crap! Buy, buy, buy!

Best toy from Yamato ever.

Super tight joints, loaded with cool gimmicks, great finish, fantastic attention to detail and the coolest sticker sheet ever!

This is how a 19 toy should be.

And no gullet :)

Quantum leap from Yamato again, they have really raised the bar.

Oh and surprisingly small box.

Graham

Great to hear it's another home run from Yamato - But Graham, did they fix the color on the back of the hand armor plates?

They have a black stripe on them now.

Graham

Any news from Yamato regarding Macross the First items?...maybe an add-on set (Daedalus and Prometheus) for the SDF-1 and/or a VF-1D MtF head??? :)

Wrong thread to ask in. VF-19 comments and questions only please.

Graham

Some unexpected diecast metal for those that like it.

Graham

Heh, sounds like they got them the wrong way round, then :lol:

Yeah, I was hoping they could get that right.......

But from the sounds of it so far (Graham) I am happy I have it on pre order.

Unfortunately, as the sample was late and I only received it yesterday, I'm not sure I will ne able to get a review done in time, as I'm in hospital on Thursday for a few days for some minor surgery :(

Graham

I can't wait for Graham's review!!

Please answer my selfish question before going to the hospital thou :lol::ph34r: .

Is the final product color Pink-Magenta Red? (as shown in recent pics) or Dark Orange red (like in earlier pics)?

Good luck with surgery and get well soon~