Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

UN Spacy

Well shut me up about the fat fighter. Lol. Yamato really out did themselves with this one. Lets hope QC issues are at a minimum.

The only thing I can see there that I hope they improve is how the shoulder is a little blocky at the end that attaches to the joint and doesn't fit the rounded shoulder pivot part.

Yeah that bugs me too. The Hi-Metal ones are like that too. In the line art they look like it's one piece and makes for a smoother engine nacelle.

I thought about buying one of these to for a customization repaint...but painting over Red just sucks and any chip would show like a neon sign. Hoping for some mass produced repaints...like some from the Master File.

Chris

That is what primer is for.

Might be too much to hope for, but I'd love it if they put out an unassembled kit of this one... or rather, a blazer version with interchangeable large and small wings and canards to customize it.

I know it doesn't have the same overwhelming amount of repaints as the VF-1, but there's so much potential for customs with this one, and the only canon schemes we're likely to get are all bright colors that'll be nasty to try and paint over. I would LOVE to get a solid white F model with stripes of some type on it.. though, picking a color for the stripes would be tricky. I'd probably go for black initially, but adding some red or yellow would be really tempting. Maybe even an SMS styled scheme..

+1 on the customizable Valks. They should sell parts separately so we can buy the ones we want to customize. Kind of like Zoids but on a much smaller scale (amount of parts available).

I just want a Blazer with the big wing from the Kai.

After seeing some of the versions in the master file, I'm really hoping they do those paintschemes, but what I'd love to see is some of the other variations of the VF-19 design, especially the mid-sized wing that is a mix between the full forward swept YF-19 style and the later very clipped VF-19S one.

I'm really starting to love those wider spaced tails too, they seem to give the plane a more balanced look (not to mention simplifying the leg transformation.. those sliding tails on the YF-19 were kind of an odd thing).

If I could pick any custom variant to see, it'd be a white VF-19 with the mid-sized wing, and a YF-19 head I think (canards optional). Once the blazer comes out, I might make a custom set of those mid-sized wings actually.. should be simple to make out of spare aircraft model parts, or even just some sheet styrene.

What I want more details on though are those canards... it appears they couldn't make them solid like the Hi-Metal, but I hope they stay in place better than the YF-19's. I kind of hope they stay removable too, but that's just me.

Oh, and only one problem with primer... the more coats of paint you add, the thicker the plastic gets, and the more it's going to scrape off, especially on a valk with as many contact points as this one. The entire nose section and fuselage has to rub against itself to transform, so you can count on the paint on the forward fuselage getting pretty mangled. :(

Again, that's my vote for unpainted white ones. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

In the first CAD pic we saw, back in page 6 of this thread (pic attached again below), the gullet already looked smaller than on the 1/60 YF-19 and the angle of the nose looked better as well.

I'm fairly confident, the VF-19 fighter mode will look OK.

Graham

Interesting. I just noticed in that particular CAD pic, it looks like the pilot seat is positioned vertically in battroid mode and also managed to have the front console out of the way so that the pilot has a clear path through the top hatch.

I wonder how they accomplished that if they did in fact manage to do it.

you probably have a bandai somewhere close by.

i hope no be a partsformer because that should be like a step back for yamato and the valkyries perfect transformation also like to say that why want a yf 19 v2 when are a long list of valkyries never made i prefer new valkyries before a v2 of the same vfs

Yes because Yamato is known for their many partsformers. Come on man they are all about perfect transformation.

I highly doubt it---Yamato's the most anti-partsformer company there is. (I wish they HAD made the YF-19 a partsformer---the nosegear bay alone would have helped a lot)

whops me and my statement.. sory guys i do believe in yamato...and hope they could and will make a perfect transformation .. let's cross our finger :D

Interesting. I just noticed in that particular CAD pic, it looks like the pilot seat is positioned vertically in battroid mode and also managed to have the front console out of the way so that the pilot has a clear path through the top hatch.

I wonder how they accomplished that if they did in fact manage to do it.

It's been mentioned on the WF Yamato VF-19 display sign, that a rotating cockpit seat is one of the features.

Graham

The V1 VF-1 may have detached parts, but it didn't actually SWAP any parts like the VF100 VF-25, which is I think what was implied.

the v.1 1/60 had a fair amount of parts swaping going on. (hands; canopy/heat shield; filler peg for the nose in fighter mode; little panels for the arms etc.

the v.1 1/60 had a fair amount of parts swaping going on. (hands; canopy/heat shield; filler peg for the nose in fighter mode; little panels for the arms etc.

Except for maybe the canopy/heatshield of the V1 VF-1, there are no other parts that needs to be swapped to ensure transformation, unlike the 1/100 VF-25s. You could still transform the V1 VF-1 without the presence of the the filler peg for the nose and arm panels, and even without the canoppy/heatshield. But you can do the same with the 1/100 VF-25s.

It wasn't perfect transformation, but you did not need to really swap essential parts just to transform

For the VF-19, I'm pretty sure it is perfect transformation, but they might bundle some optional accessories to fill up the upper calves of the VF-19 in battroid mode. However, I think it is pretty much fine as it and I really don't see the need for any fillers. I'm sure the the Hi metal VF-19 owners would think the same for their toys as well.

Really hope that this can be released by end November this year so that each of us can buy ourselves a nice Christmas present.

Oh, and only one problem with primer... the more coats of paint you add, the thicker the plastic gets, and the more it's going to scrape off, especially on a valk with as many contact points as this one. The entire nose section and fuselage has to rub against itself to transform, so you can count on the paint on the forward fuselage getting pretty mangled. :(

Again, that's my vote for unpainted white ones. :)

Yup, I know what primer is for badboy00z ;), but Chronocidal already described the problem. Primer can still be worn away. Trust me I've done a complex custom already and there are some...not many, but some areas that just wear down or will chip, like on tabs. Luckily my custom...see my sig line.....was originally dark grey to black so those few spots dont really show. Red however will stand out big time.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Graham, when you do get to talk to Yamato again, maybe you could suggest some of the schemes that were used in the master file book to get more use from this sculpt/mold. IIRC, Yamato had something to do with the book anyway..right?? A plain Gray scheme would be great or maybe one of the 2 clover leaf schemes that where shown. I'm getting way ahead of myself here since the Kai is still in the early phases, just putting it out there though ;) . Kudo's to Yamato, this looks great!

Chris

Edit: just looked at the Master File again, the VF-19E at the bottom of page 123 would be perfect. It's simple and would be easy to produce. I am just REALLY liking how this sculpt is looking and would love to get one, I just really dislike/detest Basara's color scheme.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Woooooooooow!!!!, I love my yf-19 with blind crazy love, so a ver.3 of it is a must have, and although I really hate Bazara and his crazy sing fighting, 19 series is my favorit of all, and looking this good, theres no other option for me but to buy it as soon as it come out, im so happy I want to cry :)

Luckily my custom...see my sig line.....was originally dark grey to black so those few spots dont really show.

Just FYI, I tried to click on your sig line and the link doesn't work.

I'd hate for anyone to be deprived a look at the "Dobber" scheme SV-51. :wub:

Am I the only one that thinks the gullet in Battroid mode is supposed to sit flush with the underside of the nose,

so it sort of forms a straight horizontal line instead of the diagonal supporting position?

And plastic covers for the leg cut-outs are just as aesthetically important as removable intake covers for fighter mode.

It shouldn't be classified negligible just because Battroid isn't the favourite mode for some people.

Edited by lechuck

I might be partially misunderstanding what you mean, but I think I agree. The underside of the nose is supposed to be flush with that plate in one way or another, but that plate should meet the nose at an angle. I think the plate has to be wedge shaped to achieve this though, and that's how we wound up with the gullet on the YF-19 in the first place. The only way to make that plate sit flush against the nose and remain angled down toward the waist is for it to be much thicker, like the YF-19's was.

Ideally, that plate would be thick, and be sunk mostly inside the upper nose in fighter, then lay flush against the underside of the nosecone in battroid, but there probably isn't enough room to store a thick nose plate in that area with all the other internal hinges that have to fit in there.

I suppose it would be possible to keep the gullet, and just angle the nose down more, but I'd rather see it gone entirely. Considering the compromises for both battroid and fighter on the YF-19, I can deal with the gappy torso much better than I can deal with the plane looking like a pregnant goose. All in all, I think they managed to do a nice job on the battroid.

I like the idea of hip fillers though. No qualms admitting I'm a fighter guy, but on the flipside of that.. part of why I don't care for the YF-19 battroid is the goofy cutout on the hips. I know Yamato doesn't like using swappable parts, but having something to fill out the legs would really help that. Unfortunately they're probably in the same realm as VF-1 side covers as far as being on the Yamato care-o-meter. <_<

Sweet mother of God, that is one sexy toy.

I was really thinking about getting the Double Nuts...now I may just have to wait...or do I hold off for the Blazer Valk?

Maybe my Dog needs to get a full time job so daddy can have some extra Macross cash, and can get them all.

Best sculpt of a Valk toy ever.

I think the Blazer will trump it. I've had a fascination with that design since I saw the 1/100 plamo in 1997. It's like YF-23 with blue, with FSW, with SKULL LEADER STYLE BATTROID HEAD! Overall it was a design that I did not like it 1st but grew to love. Blazer for the win. The F model looks cool too, the VF MASTER FILE guys must love it because it's all over that book.

You know.. I don't actually recall ever seeing that used, outside of the opening credits to the show. :lol: Anyone remember it better?

On several occasions. Usually when the Anima Spirita ROCKS HARD.

Forward to 2:35.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkjlM9xdQYs

I'm just curious how the head gets transformed for fighter mode. I wonder if it will require any parts removal?

Chris

One of the features advertised is that the head will transform without part-swapping.

I love my YF-19 but if they can/do take the info for this and apply it to a new V.2/3 then I'm in.

Or if they do an awesome repaint I'll be sold.

Maybe a stealth or low viz.

Blazer would be great...but remember that they are different variants fron this. I think Basara's (Kai) is the only official version of this type (what the Master File calls the VF-19E) so any other use of this mold would be some form of custom. Like I said earlier as much as I dislike Basara's livery, the E (Kai) is my favorite variant (I like the blazers too but don't really care for the F/S's wings) so I still may get one of these due to how long it may be before Yamato gets around to doing non-canon repaints with this mold.

Chris

Well, think of it this way... buy a spare Fire Valk, and swap the parts out with a blazer when it comes out. Pretty much one of the simplest custom jobs ever, all you'd have to do is paint and swap out the wings and canards. Those parts are probably fairly secure from scratches compared with the rest of the plane too. biggrin.gif

I'm kind of counting on the F though, really want the white stripes instead of yellow.

Edited by Chronocidal