HG and Robotech Debates

azrael

Why is it that in those quotes, the so-called Robotech fans don't know the difference between the two series, and have what seems like line after line of spelling mistakes? No offense to my Robotech friends, but is there any brain activity going on in some of those comments? It appears not. I'm not mad about it though, there are people who just refuse to use any common sense in their statements. As the saying goes, if common sense was so common, why are there so many people lacking it?

Oh, and say hello to page 25 peeps!!!

Edited by Jasonc

I cannot find words to display my feelings of utter disbelief/disgust.

It's exactly this sort of attitude that Macross is superfluous or inferior to Robotech that Harmony Gold has been fostering for years to keep the Robotech faithful faithful. Ultimately, what's kept the Robotech franchise limping along since the late 80s hasn't been the skills of Harmony Gold's creative staff or Robotech's merits as a story separate and distinct from the Japanese originals... it's been the ignorance of its fans. By keeping the fans ignorant of the show's origins, then turning around and making wild claims about how the originals were flawed, inferior shows that were improved by their inclusion in Robotech and that their sequels aren't worth looking into, Harmony Gold is actively maintaining a culture of ignorance among Robotech's fans.

Harmony Gold's reasoning seems to be that if they keep Robotech fans in the dark about the Macross franchise, downplay its success and popularity, and keep Macross merchandise out of the US, they can minimize the danger of Robotech fans leaving the franchise and keep the fanatically loyal fans hanging on their every word even after they fail again and again to deliver on their promises.

http://www.hulu.com/super-dimension-fortress-macross

Go down to "Activities" and click on "dicussions."

But since Hulu is only available in the States, you may not be able to view it.

I just realize Hulu is the best place to... "educate" a whole new generation of misguided fans (who have obviously never step foot on a Macross website).

Seto, you have your work cut out for you!!!

BTW, I heard clips of the recent con with Tommy and Carl Macek, and it almost sounds like Tommy Yune is taking cues from Doug Bendo's whining and proclaiming how amazing Robotech's legacy is... while curiously brushing off the achievements of the original Macross franchise for the last twenty years. Why Tommy, why???????

Edited by chrisk

...and life just goes on as always. Well, maybe not for Robotech. Rick Hunter is still being sucked into a self-made black hole at the moment from three years ago. Plus, human civilization is on the verge of economic and structural collapse with the Protoculture Matrix going down with him. Someone should really fix that.

And this begs the question: Why would they put the Protoculture Matrix on a warship that may end up getting destroyed? If the Protoculture Matrix is that so important, why don't they place it somewhere safer like in a bunker deep underground in their Headquarters back at Tirol? It's just seem foolish for the REF to put the Matrix on the SDF-3, without thinking over the possibilities that if the SDF-3 ends up in a dire situation (say getting sucked into a black hole :p ), they are screwed.

Edited by Moly_Sigang

Seto, you have your work cut out for you!!!

fart that noise. I'm enjoying my peace and quiet.

BTW, I heard clips of the recent con with Tommy and Carl Macek, and it almost sounds like Tommy Yune is taking cues from Doug Bendo's whining and proclaiming how amazing Robotech's legacy is... while curiously brushing off the achievements of the original Macross franchise for the last twenty years. Why Tommy, why???????

Well, the obvious answer is that if Tommy acknowledged all of Macross's achievements in the past twenty-five years, it would make Robotech's few achievements in that same span seem uncomfortably pathetic by comparison.

In the past twenty-five years, Robotech has had just one weekly TV series that consistently gets poor ratings, one moderately successful direct-to-DVD movie, one movie that bombed in test screenings, two weekly TV sequels that failed in production, two mediocre video games, some low quality comics that didn't sell, and a handful of mediocre toys.

Now compare that to what Macross did in that same 25 year span between 1985 and 2010: two more highly successful weekly TV shows, three more movies, six OVAs, plenty of video game titles, several high-quality manga titles, and more merchandise than one can comfortably shake a stick at.

And this begs the question: Why would they put the Protoculture Matrix on a warship that may end up getting destroyed? If the Protoculture Matrix is that so important, why don't they place it somewhere safer like in a bunker deep underground in their Headquarters back at Tirol? It's just seem foolish for the REF to put the Matrix on the SDF-3, without thinking over the possibilities that if the SDF-3 ends up in a dire situation (say getting sucked into a black hole :p ), they are screwed.

Easy answer:

The only thing that really holds the "Sagas" of Robotech together is the magical flower fuel macguffin they call protoculture. Unless it's scarce and/or imperiled in some way, they might as well not even bother calling the new feature Robotech. Because everything and everyone in Robotech revolves around protoculture, unless they throw their only remaining supply into harm's way they have no way to move the plot forward without it effectively turning into Mospeada II: the Search for More Money. Fighting over protoculture is pretty much the only primary plot device Robotech has.

Now exactly how the "protoculture matrix" got onto the SDF-3 in the first place is anybody's guess... as in Robotech II: the Sentinels it was supposed to still be in the wreckage of the SDF-1 back on Earth...

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Methinks I made Rhade mad when I criticized his "MacrossWorld is all haters all the time" stance...

(On a side note, I received a very gracious "thank you" e-mail from the guy Rhade was misleading over on Robotech.com, good on that guy for asking the tough questions and not settling for weak or bullshit answers.)

Comments in blue are mine, comments in red are Rhade's responses in an e-mail dated 2/13/2010 2:55pm EST. Caution, beware of excessive butthurt on Rhade's part in the following quotes. PTH, you might wanna just skip this post altogether, as he REALLY seems to hate you.

Honestly, I have no idea where you're getting this idea that every thread on

MacrossWorld is devoted at least in part to bashing Harmony Gold. Discussion

of Harmony Gold and/or Robotech is confined by admin order to a single

thread in the Anime & Sci-Fi section of the site. Getting into it elsewhere

has been grounds for banning for at least as long as I've been there, and I

registered back in '04. I'm not sure why you think there's all this bashing

going on... but it's simply not happening that way you say it is.

I call what I see, and I have seen the HG bashing running rampant. Don't like my opinion of what I have seen? Tough!

As I've said previously, the ONLY thread on MacrossWorld where Robotech/HG

discussion of any kind is allowed is the aptly named HG and Robotech Debates

thread in Anime & Sci-Fi, and much of what goes on there is legitimate

criticism of the way the franchise is being handled.

Bull crap! If your idea of "legitimate debate" is a bunch of people sitting around and coming up with new ways to be insulting, then you have a serious issue. As to how the franchise is being handled" shove it. At least it is being handled and it's easy for people sitting in their homes to complain. There is no constructive critisim on MacrossWorld. It's nothing but a bitch and whine fest. You all need to get over yourselves. Ya know, it's funny, but those of us, who actually care about the franchise, have taken an active part in making changes. I have had a few chats with the staff at HG, others have writen things for the art books and RPG. The facts is, you all just want to sit in your threads and complain and whine. I have no respect or tollance for it.

Calling it "bashing" is really just a matter of personal opinion. Much of what's said there is

grounded in fact and is commentary on recent developments and/or the few

individuals who seem determined to give Robotech a bad name by their actions

(Pizza the Hutt, MEMO1DOMINION, Doug Bendo, etc.).

Oh really now? Memo is govong RT a bad name eh? Lets see, he has been out marketting the spanish communities. He is one of the people behind RT Espanol. He has been instrumental in helping get RT to the general masses. For that matter, he has been on the inside crowd for far longer then even I have. Funny how you actually know so little. As for Pizza, gee, funny but he has an account on MacrossWorld and is one of the people bashing away at HG, but is banned from RT.com. Oh yeah, and lets not forget it was one of your denizines that decided to smash a pie in Tommy's face "on behalf of the RT fandom." Yep, your all one to mock RT.com and it's users.

This purist angle you're

convinced everyone there is following really isn't happening either...

More BS. I have seen it. YOU have been part of it. So get off it. All these attempts to shoe horn Macross into Robotech are nothing but purist nonsence. Their seperate shows and Macross info does not fit into rge RT scheme of things. Need I remind you that YOUR constant trying to shove Macross into Robotech is one of the major reasons why you and I do not get along? It's just more purist "Macross is better because...." crap!

For instance, MEMO1DOMINION and Maverick_LSC openly targeting members for bans

Care to try that one again? The only people openly targetted for bans are those that are deserving of them. Case in point, Pizza. People on the boards have been begging for him to be banned since almost two days after his account had been made. The fact is, the mods are slow as all hell to actually do anything about real problems. So, to claim mods are setting people up is bull. They don't pay enough attention to deal with REAL problems, let alone set someone up.

and even going so far as to put other members up to harassing people in hopes of goading "undesirables" into saying something ban-worthy (Pizza the Hutt freely admits he was taunting people in the Production forum at MEMO's behest),

Now, I can call Pizza a lier and prove my point. Since his membership, he has specifically targetted me. He barely posts in the Production Forum, but has litterally followed me around, thread to thread, trolling and attacking me and other DOLers. He has, openly, admitted to doing it on RT.com because he dislikes the DOL. His actions have NOTHING to do with Memo. They are on him. Fact is, I have gotten more then one PHONE CALL from members and mods asking ME what they think should be done about various members that are causing problems. I have had phone chats with steve on a few of those problems. So don't sit here and accuse the RT.com mods of doing something they are too damned lazy to be botherred doing.

Pizza was not banned for his actions in the production form, BTW. Several RT.com members called me about him. I had been asked, on more then one occasion, to call steve and have something done about Pizza. His last little pot shot at the DOL is what did him in. Several members of the DOL contacted Steve directly to have Pizza banned. I had a convo about it with all those members and I was the one who put them in touch with Steve. Since Pizza was targetting me personally, and I was lashing back, I felt that my calling steve would look petchulant. So, I gave them all Steve's contact info and told them I was staying out of it. Sad, however, that I got the phone calls and emails, not the mods.

BTW: Just so you are aware, I was offerred mod status on RT.com a few times. I turned them down. Why? Because there were others on RT.com that I felt more deserving. The current mod list contains many people I suggested when I turned down the mod position. Why? At this point, I have no idea. At the time, I felt they deserved it, but had I know they would be so lazy, I would have taken up the job. I can also tell you now, there would be a lot more people banned, had I taken the job. Pizza would not have made it past his third day.

the abuse of fans by the staff (the recent banning of UEG Productions because he was advertising his non-profit fan-film there),

Care to try that again? I will tell you now, UEG should have been banned. Advertising the film was a violation of the TOU and outright stupid on his part. It did not belong on RT.com. I will tell you, had I accepted mod status, I would have banned him as well. In fact, I would have banned him a lot sooner then he was.

I've got no idea where you've come up with the idea that we're "complaining

and trying to ram Macross into RT", because nobody is doing that.

Bull crap. Again, I have gotten into more then one fight with the macross puristis on RT.com. I have more then once had to say "That is Macross and therefore not aplicable to RT." Yet people from MacrossWorld keep coming over and shoving Macross stuff into Robotech. You forget, I was on the front lines for that and many of the bans set were because of it.

Tommy's work is perfectly open to criticism like that of any other creative director. He's not going to cry or anything if we say we don't like how he turned Robotech into a blatant fanservice-laden T&A-fest or how he deleted protoculture from the first two sagas (not that that's stopped BRL from complaining about it LOUDLY).

Fans do complain. BRL and I are both good examples. I am no fan of Tommy or his "reboot" of the franchise. I have openly opposed some of his ideas. Like BRL, when I present my ideas of where Tommy made errors, I back them with facts from the original TV show. However, neither of us have become so blatantly hostile that we have earned a ban. Tommy may not liike what we say, but at least he respects it as factually based and well rooted in the original TV show. In fact, he has made some adjustments to accomodate some of what we through out there. On the flip side, however, I go out of my way to respect that, while I may not agree with his decisions, he is at least trying to carry forth on Robotech in a manner that is consistent with the original TV show. Further, I respect that fact that, where he makes changes, it is to try and broaden the fan base and bring RT into the main stream. I can not speak for BRL on that position, but that is certainly my position. So, it's not about the creative differences. It's about respecting one another. Something many of you on MacrossWorld forget.

That Harmony Gold opted to draw on the OSM to handle the tech specs of the mecha isn't our doing... if you want someone to blame for them using the OSM, start with P Thomassen and Peter Walker... they're the ones who talked Harmony Gold into basing the official RT specs on the OSM.

Basing them off the OSM and trying to shoe horn aspects (like tech specs from Mac 2, Mac 7, Mac Plus, Mac F) into Robotech is two completely different things. Further, what was taken from the OSM was done with respect to the Robotech TV show. Where they differ, things were changed to fit Robotech. However, you lovely people at MacrossWorld have chosen to ignore that. Instead you try and drag in every aspect of trhe OSMs into Robotech and I am sick of it. There is a consistent way to draw on facts and that is often ignored by the MacrossWorld purisits. Robotech has a core, a canon, a secondary continuity, and other published works. Those count for a hell of a lot more then the OSMs when debating in universe. But, when a question arrises, instead of looking to in universe information, you purists immediately jump on "well it must be this way because it was in the OSM" even when contradicted by in universe facts. It's more then annoying.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Um, yeah, I've been a member at RT.com longer than rhade, and if anything there are now less mods there now, so precicly which of these new mods did he help create? Also considering he's practically begged in the past for mod status why would he turn it down? And as far as him having phone conversations with Steve? Now that's just so LOL worthy... What an assclown... The rest of what you posted there from that conversation Seto is just hilarious.

Edited by mecha2241

Aside from my BS detector going off the scale...

Those "phone conversations" with the members and staff make it seem like he's implying RT/RT.com is a North American-only thing...

Well, I guess we know when we're not wanted... right Tak? ^_^

fart that noise. I'm enjoying my peace and quiet.

So you'd rather deal with Rhade?!

In the past twenty-five years, Robotech has had just one weekly TV series that consistently gets poor ratings, one moderately successful direct-to-DVD movie, one movie that bombed in test screenings, two weekly TV sequels that failed in production, two mediocre video games, some low quality comics that didn't sell, and a handful of mediocre toys.

Let me do the math here... So if Tommy is a mediocre storyteller, and Carl is a mediocre storyteller... Combine the two... and what do you get..?

Like BRL, when I present my ideas of where Tommy made errors, I back them with facts from the original TV show. However, neither of us have become so blatantly hostile that we have earned a ban.

It's nice to know that you can call Tommy an idiot at the Palladium forums and you won't get a ban.

Edited by chrisk

From what I've heard the SDF-3 was blown to pieces hence its current angular look. Originally it was the twin bow organic look in the abandoned Sentinels cartoon.

Yeah not much foresight.

Wow,

Seto, I could not resist and read what rhade just said. Now I am even more ashamed to be part of a fandom with people like rhade and how he is "off screen" and it seems he makes Doug Bendo look good.rhade is an idiot anyway because he and his leonard worshipping cohorts would always bag on people if a thread was out of place and indicated he is a racist agains black people in a thread created by someone for Juneteenth.

And I am not lying about Memo egging me on to make people mad so he can ban them. I actually feel bad because Memo told me he likes how I was egging on a RT member WhiteHall because Memo said that he was Seto Kaiba,then I realize Memo was losing it back then because Memo told me Steve verified the isp and it was not Seto's so that made me realize little by little that I was on the wrong side if the star fan of HG feared everyone was Seto Kaiba. And Memo lost his use for me because Doug accomplished what I was supposed to do at RtX and he got banned for it.

Wow,

Seto, I could not resist and read what rhade just said. Now I am even more ashamed to be part of a fandom with people like rhade and how he is "off screen" and it seems he makes Doug Bendo look good.rhade is an idiot anyway because he and his leonard worshipping cohorts would always bag on people if a thread was out of place and indicated he is a racist agains black people in a thread created by someone for Juneteenth.

And I am not lying about Memo egging me on to make people mad so he can ban them. I actually feel bad because Memo told me he likes how I was egging on a RT member WhiteHall because Memo said that he was Seto Kaiba,then I realize Memo was losing it back then because Memo told me Steve verified the isp and it was not Seto's so that made me realize little by little that I was on the wrong side if the star fan of HG feared everyone was Seto Kaiba. And Memo lost his use for me because Doug accomplished what I was supposed to do at RtX and he got banned for it.

lol wtf? Memo told you to harass everyone? :blink:

I almost forgot to mention (could be a legal touch for this thread)

One of the things that made Memo lose friendship with me was when he got upset that I mentioned that Tom Bateman was fired because he leaked the script of SR and was in cahoots with that idiot pie guy khyron prime..So it is obvious that rhade can't see that Memo kind of "supported" my bad habits for example look at how I flamed Whitehall, Protoculture and a couple others and then when I made a thread agains leonard the d.O.l. cry to Memo and then suddenly I am banned and what was funny, that idiot d.O.l. member aka_s2h said he was going to fly to Texas from Australia to get me,,LoL as bored as I been with life I was hoping he would have because I needed some excitement.

Another funny fact is Memo told me that he thought Sushipook was HappyPenguins! So tell rhade I am not a liar,he is just blind because his face is in rt.com webmasters and mods butt cracks.

You folks stay cool,

lol wtf? Memo told you to harass everyone?

This comes as a surprise?

So tell rhade I am not a liar,he is just blind because his face is in rt.com webmasters and mods butt cracks.

Careful, bud. You're off to a hell of a good start, here, but keep it civil. Don't drop to their level. B))

From what I've heard the SDF-3 was blown to pieces hence its current angular look. Originally it was the twin bow organic look in the abandoned Sentinels cartoon.

Yeah not much foresight.

what does it matter, it's look will just get retconned in "Shadow Rising" anyway...

Pizza was not banned for his actions in the production form, BTW. Several RT.com members called me about him. I had been asked, on more then one occasion, to call steve and have something done about Pizza.

This is a true statement! I've been eating pizza since I was 14 - I used to be able to scarf down two - count 'em TWO large pepperonis in one sitting! But at some point my stomach just couldn't take it, and it's about time somebody banned that crap! It'll give you liver cancer!

Bull crap. Again, I have gotten into more then one fight with the macross puristis on RT.com. I have more then once had to say "That is Macross and therefore not aplicable to RT." Yet people from MacrossWorld keep coming over and shoving Macross stuff into Robotech.

Yeah!! WTF guys!! It's like -what's this whole debate about anyways!? Do you see F-ing Transformers fans going to My Little Pony fan site and being all like "Because Mach Kick transforms into a horse, then My Little Pony is a Transformers cartoon" !??! I mean - leave Robotech alone!! It has NOTHING to do with Macross or any of that other Japanese pedophile stuff!!

BTW: Just so you are aware, I was offerred mod status on RT.com a few times. I turned them down. Why? Because there were others on RT.com that I felt more deserving. The current mod list contains many people I suggested when I turned down the mod position. Why? At this point, I have no idea. At the time, I felt they deserved it, but had I know they would be so lazy, I would have taken up the job.

I totally understand this sentiment. I was on the short list for becoming a mod at RT.com too - and they even asked me, but my responsibilities over at the CIA were just keeping me soooooo F-ing busy what with this war on Tarah going on. Anyways - by the time I quit my post as senior advisor to the President on Intelligence Policy and took a temp job at the local KFC, the mod position at RT.com had been filled. If I had known - like you - that those F-ing mods would be such lazy dumb butts who just let EVERYBODY speak their mind - no matter how STUPID or CRAZY a post...dag - I'd have taken that mod position. This way - look at all the crap people like Mavrick LSC and me have to go through now?

Because of those STUPID RT.com mods - Paramount keeps confusing us with the website "RT.com" which is (I shiit you not - just enter the URL) a Russian English-language news site that is actually a front for Pinko-gay zionists. Even Toby Macguire was infected by this stupid PR and when he gave the script to Paramount execs he slipped up and said "just check out RT.com - you'll see - this has a built in multi-million member fanbase!" ...and of course Paramount opened RT.com and found Russian ladies talking about the Middle East or something!

Total catastrophe!

Mav called Stephen (Spielberg) that very night, but Steve was out of town, and I was stuck at the DAVOS world economic forum and just couldn't find the time to call any of my Holywood contacts...

If ONLY I - or at least YOU had taken the post of moderator...things would be different now. I know it.

Basing them off the OSM and trying to shoe horn aspects (like tech specs from Mac 2, Mac 7, Mac Plus, Mac F) into Robotech is two completely different things. Further, what was taken from the OSM was done with respect to the Robotech TV show. Where they differ, things were changed to fit Robotech. However, you lovely people at MacrossWorld have chosen to ignore that. Instead you try and drag in every aspect of trhe OSMs into Robotech and I am sick of it. There is a consistent way to draw on facts and that is often ignored by the MacrossWorld purisits. Robotech has a core, a canon, a secondary continuity, and other published works. Those count for a hell of a lot more then the OSMs when debating in universe. But, when a question arrises, instead of looking to in universe information, you purists immediately jump on "well it must be this way because it was in the OSM" even when contradicted by in universe facts. It's more then annoying.

Well put.

The fact is that these retarted Macross purists just don't understand that the discussion is about ROBOTECH. Stupid questions like "why does Boldoza say Protoculture when Lisa and Rick kiss?" just have NO place. The answer is simple: CARL MACEK KNOWS AND ALL WILL BE REVEALED SOON!!

How F-ing hard is it to show a LITTLE bit of patience?!

Pete

Well put.

The fact is that these retarted Macross purists just don't understand that the discussion is about ROBOTECH. Stupid questions like "why does Boldoza say Protoculture when Lisa and Rick kiss?" just have NO place. The answer is simple: CARL MACEK KNOWS AND ALL WILL BE REVEALED SOON!!

How F-ing hard is it to show a LITTLE bit of patience?!

Pete

Most true, O Pete.

I myself have been putting Masters Saga and New Generation mecha into my Macross role-playing games for more than a decade now, as well as making AMVs of Robotech, using Macross music. But thanks to you and Rhade, I've seen the error of my ways.

Aside from my BS detector going off the scale...

Those "phone conversations" with the members and staff make it seem like he's implying RT/RT.com is a North American-only thing...

Well, I guess we know when we're not wanted... right Tak? ^_^

We are never wanted. Just because we live in the Southern Hemisphere but it seems that the Army of the Southern Cross does not come from here! *sob* :lol:

Taksraven

So many people need to be edumicated in Macross... Have fun with that Seto! *pats Seto on the back and walks away*

Funny that the folks at RTX locked/deleted the old UEG thread and made them start a new one. Intriguing. ;)

Seto Kaiba

I found some garbage on rhade if you want to call him out on it next time you email him and it has nothing to do with his recent rants about Macross World but it proves him a liar and a "drama queen" when it comes to making attention. Check these 2 threads out:

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/re...;pagenumber=127

Look at the date of 11-17-09,he lost his job that he got and a friend is sick

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/re...;pagenumber=131

Date 12-22-09 he says he lost his job again and he is trying to work a deal with his "landlord" who is/was his ill lady friend and his unemployment was denied because he quit his job to move to that one but somewhere he said he was out of a job and was looking before he took that job.

To the mods and folks,Please note that I am not trying to sidetrack this topic,but I wanted to show Seto and folks that rhade my be a melodramatic liar and for some reason I cant sent PMs with my PS3 here.

Um, yeah, I've been a member at RT.com longer than rhade, and if anything there are now less mods there now, so precicly which of these new mods did he help create? Also considering he's practically begged in the past for mod status why would he turn it down? And as far as him having phone conversations with Steve? Now that's just so LOL worthy... What an assclown... The rest of what you posted there from that conversation Seto is just hilarious.

Isn't it just?

Honestly, until he started in with the drama queen act I really had no beef with Rhade. He might've been a bit high and mighty, and he was DEFINITELY a moderator-wannabe, but he could usually be relied upon to debate Robotech in at least a semi-logical fashion... though he was profoundly averse to P Thomassen's philosophy of using the OSM as one of the most authoritative sources of information in Robotech. Seeing him turn his formerly one-time thing of making huge, obviously false stories to exaggerate his influence and knowledge is kind of disconcerting... I didn't think he'd go that far.

So you'd rather deal with Rhade?!

Truth be told, I'm used to Rhade acting a little more reasonable and mature than this... this hostility from him is kind of a surprise. An amusing surprise, but a surprise nonetheless.

Let me do the math here... So if Tommy is a mediocre storyteller, and Carl is a mediocre storyteller... Combine the two... and what do you get..?

According to Tommy, you get MAGIC! According to reality, you get mediocre storytelling by committee.

You'd be right... that happens in issue #1 of Robotech: Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles. The Invid Regent's ugly-ass ship from Robotech II: the Sentinels shoots the bow off of the red turd SDF-3, forcing the REF to rebuild it over the course of a year in Tirol's orbit.

Seto, I could not resist and read what rhade just said. Now I am even more ashamed to be part of a fandom with people like rhade and how he is "off screen" and it seems he makes Doug Bendo look good.

I wouldn't go THAT far. Rhade's a bit of a blowhard, but Doug's just plain juvenile most of the time.

Makes a sick amount of sense once you're familiar with MEMO's habit of using people, doesn't it?

So many people need to be edumicated in Macross... Have fun with that Seto! *pats Seto on the back and walks away*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-

*drops to his knees*

-ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I don't wanna! I just got away from all that bullshit! Y'can't make me go back! Y'can't make me!

Funny that the folks at RTX locked/deleted the old UEG thread and made them start a new one. Intriguing. ;)

Note who UEG credits for the "decision" to lock/delete the old thread... "The RobotechX Administration"... in other words... MEMO1DOMINION. The news that Harmony Gold was putting the squeeze on yet another fan project didn't make Harmony Gold look good, so MEMO couldn't let it stay up where everyone could see it.

To the mods and folks,Please note that I am not trying to sidetrack this topic,but I wanted to show Seto and folks that rhade my be a melodramatic liar and for some reason I cant sent PMs with my PS3 here.

's cool, just keep things anger-free and everybody'll have a good time. This thread really isn't that hostile (most of the time)... we just come in to shake our heads at the craziness in the Robotech fandom every now and again.

Accusing someone of lying about a friend with cancer, eh? That's pretty low. <_<

Walking into a situation where the odds of success are astronimical, the chances of survival are nil, and the chances of a person keeping their sanity are immeasurable has been known as a path to sainthood, especially where catholic missionaries and cannibals are concerned...

Now, with that thought firmly in place, can you see a... 'Saint Seto'?

Me either...

B))

Walking into a situation where the odds of success are astronimical, the chances of survival are nil, and the chances of a person keeping their sanity are immeasurable has been known as a path to sainthood, especially where catholic missionaries and cannibals are concerned...

Now, with that thought firmly in place, can you see a... 'Saint Seto'?

Isn't this getting needlessly messianic? :rolleyes:<_<

Somehow, all I can see myself doing is something very much akin to Saint Dogbert, Patron Saint of Technology... running into the room, waving a scepter, and shouting "OUT, DEMONS OF STUPIDITY!".

StDogbert.jpg

EDIT: I'm totally using the above image as my new avatar... hehehehe

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Accusing someone of lying about a friend with cancer, eh? That's pretty low. <_<

...Not as low the the total IQ of the RT.com staff!!! :lol:

Now THATS low, baby ^_^

oh...and to roll-back on an old favourite...

:ph34r: *cyberstalk* :ph34r:

When rhade is speaking on behalf of the RT.com boards you know the RT.com boards have issues. I am absolutely certain he would have banned me from those boards had he been a mod.... he wasn't exactly the best at walking down a logical path.

In the spirit of fairness, MEMO's side of the story must also be considered in this discussion. I wonder when will he log in so we can ask him some questions. :)

Also, were almost at the end of page 25. When it hits 26, all hell will break loose :o

You see, for a franchise that's so epic that anything really epic is casual, a lot of people NEVER talk about the flaws. And for an epic show like this, it can be a game changer. The 85 episode show is cited as epic, but even that ended on a cliffhanger which got crazier as the creator(s) was forced to explain the situation he put his own franchise in, without hindsight, one way or another.

But no, this is epic by default and something not authentically translated in English and not introduced to the audience first is flawed.

Edited by Einherjar

But no, this is epic by default and something not authentically translated in English and not introduced to the audience first is flawed.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Legend of the Galactic Heroes is epic. Space Battleship Yamato is epic. Robotech is just long.

When rhade is speaking on behalf of the RT.com boards you know the RT.com boards have issues. I am absolutely certain he would have banned me from those boards had he been a mod.... he wasn't exactly the best at walking down a logical path.

's one of the reasons anyone who knows him will have a very difficult time believing that he turned down a moderator position at Robotech.com, and that he frequently advises the current moderators. For at least as long as I've known him, Rhade's always been a wannabe-moderator... the sort of member who, given half a chance, will pop up in any thread he sees a Terms of Use violation in and start lecturing people as though he was the one in charge. I don't doubt that if he'd ever actually gotten a mod post, he probably would've lost it right away by going on a banning spree.

In the spirit of fairness, MEMO's side of the story must also be considered in this discussion. I wonder when will he log in so we can ask him some questions. :)

Assuming someone here can actually make something intelligible out of Captain Caps-Lock's usual gibberish... hearing his take on things is no good if all we get out of it is a bunch of fractured English typed all in caps.

One thing I'll never understand is why Robotech fans keep trying to insist that Robotech is epic... it doesn't fit most of the characteristics of epic storytelling. It's not epic storytelling if you change the cast thrice over in the course of the story. Robotech is no epic... it's three pseudo-related shorter stories run one right after the other. As Gubaba put it... Legend of Galactic Heroes is epic, Robotech is just long.

This comes as a surprise?

yeah it does actually.... so now I can assume memo told PTH to harass the rest of us too? Would make sense since he didn't seem to give a damn when we complained to him about it. :ph34r:

Another funny fact is Memo told me that he thought Sushipook was HappyPenguins!

LOL wow he really doesn't know me at all does he?

Edited by HappyPenguins

Not only that, does that mean Pizza KNEW all along what the fallout was going to be as a result of it? And he STILL went along with it thinking it was a good idea? And out of taking the time to harass a lot of people, Pizza did it for FREE, with no reward for his effort? And now he thinks revealing that NOW will somehow bury the hatchet?

Well, now I think Pizza TOTALLY deserves to be disappointed by that Maia Shadow Fighter he had high hopes for. He may have pissed off a lot of people, but he ruined any credibility he wanted to have here or there, shown he's easily manipulated, and just wasted $80 on blind faith towards copyright owners who only care about his money.

Happy 25th anniversary Robotech.

Edited by Einherjar

Well -it's not like similar things don't happen on Macrossworld...

Everybody knows that I told Gubaba to pretend that he knows Japanese and to just write some BS stories out of his ass that are supposed translations of "original" Macross novels and what not.

And of course I also told Seto to troll RT.com and MW.com with his "factual arguments" which are just one big yarn.

So - hah hah.

Oh yeah - and to all the people who bought stuff from me on the For Sale thread: I just stuffed the boxes with toilet paper.

Hah hah.

Nah - just joking.

But seriously - I would like to take this moment to make a serious anouncement: today, I was diagnosed with cancer of the liver. I will be dead in a few months - I don't have much time left. It has always been my dream to see Tokyo and sleep with five hot asian girls. If you want to help a brother in need and make this happen - please PM me so you can paypal me the funds to do it.

Free pics from my trip to everyone who contributes.

Pete