Astro Plan

VF5SS

Just got done watching the clips from above...

It looks like the South Park guys made a mecha cartoon, from the looks of the animation...although that might be giving it too much credit.

WOW.

I agree. I hope HG latches onto this...

Edited by hutch

His sentence structure, spelling, and general IQ is matched only by the mighty Shadowstrikers.

THIS GUY is still the champion. ^_^

Okay, I'm watching the upload kresphy provided...I haven't gotten to the show itself yet, but "Crazy Baby" is all kinds of awesome.

By the way, is it called "Astro Plan" or "Space Adventures"...?

I like the plane designs, but I really hate the shameless copycating to the core.

It's ironic that its Toy Advertisement is asking the public to purchase the original Astro Plan toy... they are so dare to say that when they bootlegged Macross valkyries... really shameless.

Astro Plan really stinks the "China brand" internationally.

I keep trying to watch it, but the video seems to stop loading at about 21 minutes in, just as the hero robots are about to go out and save the day.

Before that, it's a lot of scenes of the main character driving around in his crappy van and sounding alarmed...

I love how the robot transformation sequence is almost shot-for-shot the same as the end of Macross Zero Episode 1. <_<

I wish they had borrowed the Fold effect from the earlier versions of Macross I like them much better than the version on Fronter, and they have been done on many other Scifi movies, and are not original New Star Trek, Star Wars, were they just blink in to existence.

I still don't like it when some one steals a symbol to cover up their lack of creativity Emblem of the military/government in Astro Plan; UN-SPACY Macross are gust to similar.

Usually when a Artist is so enamored with another's artist work they use one part of that persons work like the Wachowski brothers used the Digital Rain from GITS but to take multiple items from another persons work it tels a lot about the creators/artist ability.

Edited by miles316

ah but are they big enough?

RealPlay2007-02-2720-09-44-53.jpg

RealPlay2007-02-2720-33-30-71.jpg

The top pic is unintentionally NSFW :) . If ever HG manage to snatch Astro Plan, they'll really gonna need to rework the characters, it reeks of amateur flash-animation quality. Also, for the sake of equality, the men must also have large boobies too B))

Finally got the site's player to work. Damn, Astro Plan 9 from Outer Space is crap! The character designs suck and the BGM is worse. And there's definitely a lot of shameless plagiarism of Macross Frontier all around.

Still, it's better than anything HG has done for their Robotech franchise. As a matter of fact, they should pick this title up. It suits them perfectly.

Come on, don't be so harsh on Astro Plan. If we turn a blind eye on the IP issues, it's quite a fun show to watch. I just couldn't stop laughing. It is super mix of all mecha shows. It would make an interesting trivia just trying to figure out which scene is copy from what anime.

Edited by hevangel2

Look at this. LINK

Does something look similar?

Look at the landing gears and the blob in the cockpit. I guess this is the same China team that did work on the Bandai DX VF-25. I guess they got fired from Bandai and are now working on this! :lol:

Edited by Vifam7

hahaha, it has a giant UN Spacey kite emblem on the back.

OMFG :lol:

post-4286-1263699921_thumb.jpg

oh wow.

On the bright side they do look great next to the bandai DX's

post-4286-1263700638_thumb.jpg

they even use the same landing gear :p

post-4286-1263700831_thumb.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

The top pic is unintentionally NSFW :) . If ever HG manage to snatch Astro Plan, they'll really gonna need to rework the characters, it reeks of amateur flash-animation quality. Also, for the sake of equality, the men must also have large boobies too B))

I can help HG out with that one!

scottboobs-1.png

hahaha, it has a giant UN Spacey kite emblem on the back.

LOL

Edited by HappyPenguins

Look at this. LINK

Does something look similar?

Look at the landing gears and the blob in the cockpit. I guess this is the same China team that did work on the Bandai DX VF-25. I guess they got fired from Bandai and are now working on this! :lol:

HAHA, AP's toy!!

http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid-437257.html

13_49299_ad4c5d13020e544.jpg

Edited by kresphy

For all the similarity with the VF-25, it actually look more like a VF-2SS in battroid mode.

That's because the VF-2SS is an equally lazy design, with bits fiddled with to give it a slightly different look.

The YF-10 actually does a better job of it, IMO (The concept art, not this cheap toy)

HAHA, AP's toy!!

Is that for real?! What's the point of creating a fake UN Spacy logo in the show if you're just going to pirate the real one on your toy merchandise anyway.

Edited by hulagu

Is that for real?! What's the point of creating a fake UN Spacy logo in the show if you're just going to pirate the real one on your toy merchandise anyway.

Everyone is assuming that the show was made first. I suspect that it was in fact the other way around.

I propse that these cheap toys came first. Initially meant as a modern day equivalent to the old-skool VF-1 boots we all came to love/hate.

But then some mucky-muck thought "Hey why stop there? Why not rip off the entire show and call it an homage - then we can make lots more money and

everything will be ligit!" [of course these thoughts would have been in chinese in said mucky-mucks head - I'm translating]

That's why the toys were able to be released so quickly! And why the show sucks SOOOOOO MUCH - It's just a vehicle to sell bad bootleg toys - why pay writers? Have the president's secretary's kids write it!

Edited by Chas