Astro Plan

VF5SS

Finally, some semi decent photo's of the DX scale "Alto", its huge!

http://alma.skr.jp/mtblog/archives/2010/02...html#entrytitle

Those swing bars are really ugly...but overall, I think I'd pick one up for a decent price. Oh, and apparently, there's kits too:

http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail....jhtml?cm_cat=0

And lastly ( I dont think theres a link in this thread at least), here's a small gallery of some of the 3 different smaller versions:

http://www.actionfigurechecklist.com/Image...rwiz/Astro_Plan

Looks like the medium size is spring activated transformations. And make sure you click on the "Packaging" folder right above the pics to see, well, the packaging.

Jarrod

Found this thread thanks to the link to the Astro Plan pics my album :)

I'm in ShenZhen now, The figures are at Jusco and Carrefour, more expensive than taobao or other online sellers of course,

I went to the TRU here a couple days ago, no Astro Plan, or any Hyperwiz figures. TRU didn't have any KOs at all, 1st store I been to in China with no KOs lol. Walmart and Carrefour do have KOs haha.

TRU did have the Chinese Joes (World Peace Keepers, lol) though. So they do have some Chinese brands, so who knows maybe they'll get Astro Plan eventually.

I have a multi entry visa and need to stamp the passport every 60 days, so I need to cross over to HK within a few weeks anyway,

and on a side note, a question for you HK dudes, is there a thread on this board with the secret list of all HK toyshops?

oh yeah, almost forgot to mention, Astro Plan has already been KOd lol, just the packaging, they stuck deluxe TF sized robotechs (I guess they're called), made with cheaper plastic of course, with the same colour assortment as Astro Plan, in Astro Plan packaging, I'll get pics up of those soon.

QUOTE (AcroRay @ Feb 20 2010, 06:18 AM)

Share the source? happy.gif

... can get them, they're not listed on the site, but I chatted with him, and he has seen them. Use his 'toy hunter' service to request them.

Edited by Paul Grant

Oh man, I want both the white and grey ¥65.00 toys.

Graham

I saw them for sale at Jusco in Guangzhou last week. Didn't get a chance to buy them though as I was in a rush. The packaging is kind of crappy, but the toy itself looks pretty decent. And the quality of the plastic is not your typical knock-off grade. For RMB130 (approx. US$20), the king size one is definitely worth getting. The smaller one only cost RMB29 (US$4.2)

OMG, that episode was F^CKING EPIC! It had Kira Yamato singing & being mixed by a DJ to totally culture shock those alien things, Bootleg Ozma turned into the incredible hulk, smashed up his own cockpit, and then did a 20 minute spinning lazer blade thunder cats symbol attack. Bootleg Michel lived and saved someone's life with his sniper bazooka. Bootleg Luca hung out for 20 minutes and played with his light marionette funnels eventually, The Monarch is now a captain of something with his captains hat & coat with orange shoulder pads, Speed Racers dad did somethingerother too, then Heine Westefuss (Seed Destiny's Ramba Ral) joined the bootleg SMS in an orange vaklyrie, and did the one even remotely fast special attack, then bootleg Alto pulled his ultimate attack, which is apparently switching to Gerwalk so that a main ship can fire a cannon at a small mecha, instead of actually engaging it himself.

Truly truly epic!

Edited by Keith

OMG, taht episode was F^CKING EPIC! It had Kira Yamato singing & being mixed by a DJ to totally culture shock those alien things, Bootleg Ozma turned into the incredible hulk, smashed up his own cockpit, and then did a 20 minute spinning lazer blade thunder cats symbol attack. Bootleg Michel lived and saved someone's life with his sniper bazooka. Bootleg Luca hung out for 20 minutes and played with his light marionette funnels eventually, The Monarch is now a captain of something with his captains hat & coat with orange shoulder pads, Speed Racers dad did somethingerother too, then Heine Westefuss (Seed Destiny's Ramba Ral) joined the bootleg SMS in an orange vaklyrie, and did the one even remotely fast special attack, then bootleg Alto pulled his ultimate attack, which is apparently switching to Gerwalk so that a mian ship can fire a cannon at a small mecha, instead of actually engaging it himself.

Truly truly epic!

You're making it sound entertaining.

Stop it.

It's like watching a fully-animated version of someone's MEKTON ZETA RPG session! Kind'a cute, actually... like a Sandy Frank production on MST3K. :p

(This is the kharmatic punishment of the Japanese animation industry for outsourcing all that work to cheaper Asian subcontractors.)

I wonder if we can look forward to all-region bootleg DVDs of it on eBay here soon?

Edited by AcroRay

Well, kresphy already posted a Tudou link to the whole season:

http://www.tudou.com/home/item_u8838687s0p1.html

Now get watching.

I prefer not to watch on Tudou. They load the vids in chunks. The first 1/3 loads and waits until you finish watching before loading the next 1/3 and etc. Had to dl 9 flv movies to watch the first episode which is a pita. I prefer the illusion of at least a seamless show.

OMG, that episode was F^CKING EPIC! It had Kira Yamato singing & being mixed by a DJ to totally culture shock those alien things, Bootleg Ozma turned into the incredible hulk, smashed up his own cockpit, and then did a 20 minute spinning lazer blade thunder cats symbol attack. Bootleg Michel lived and saved someone's life with his sniper bazooka. Bootleg Luca hung out for 20 minutes and played with his light marionette funnels eventually, The Monarch is now a captain of something with his captains hat & coat with orange shoulder pads, Speed Racers dad did somethingerother too, then Heine Westefuss (Seed Destiny's Ramba Ral) joined the bootleg SMS in an orange vaklyrie, and did the one even remotely fast special attack, then bootleg Alto pulled his ultimate attack, which is apparently switching to Gerwalk so that a main ship can fire a cannon at a small mecha, instead of actually engaging it himself.

Truly truly epic!

I got to watch the episode in full, and I will agree with Keith. You guys must watch it to believe it.

Is it me or does the baddy at the end have a Geass-thing going with that glowing eye? The collar, hair-style and glowing eye reminds me of Lelouch.

How dare you, dear sir, impugn on the next installment of RT: Shadow Rising!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

YEah anyone else know of any source to get the toys? I'm also tempted to buy the larger sized ones. Is the "king" size about equivalent to Bandai's 1/60 VF-25 size? They would make good fodder or wing-men planes.

I was hoping they would release in HKG so i can get my friends to help me get it.

YEah anyone else know of any source to get the toys? I'm also tempted to buy the larger sized ones. Is the "king" size about equivalent to Bandai's 1/60 VF-25 size? They would make good fodder or wing-men planes.

I was hoping they would release in HKG so i can get my friends to help me get it.

get it here online: http://kotoys.com/kotoys.php?cat=Astroplan

it's huge

wf2010w002.jpg

oh my god it's so painful....

it's like it's a joke, a very bad joke

Holy... cow... Umm... I'm about 30 seconds in.. and I'm about to spew soda all over my monitor from pure stupid giggling WTF-ness.

I feel like I'm watching Macross fighters re-enacting a cross between a Benny Hill chase sequence, and a montage of the Three Stooges.

This seriously needs a fan dub with judicious use of "Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk".... or better yet.. someone needs to draw in all the cartoon sound effect bubbles like old-school Batman!

Edit: Gotta hand it to them.. nothing says menacing like a bunch of mechs chanting "Dahh.. Dahh.. Dahh..." :lol:

And after seeing this.. I actually want a sub of it, so I'd be able to tell if what I think happened actually did just happen.. and everyone stopped fighting because some dj started blasting pop-music through the comm system. :blink:

The comments are epic though. "2:15: Mikhail is alive?! Mikhail is alive!!"

Edit 2: After seeing the whole episode... it felt like what would happen if Strongbad did a Macross tribute.

Edited by Chronocidal