Astro Plan

VF5SS

Wasnt the whole point of variable planes to combat a 30ft species in bipedal mechs????? I dont see why variable mechs would be neccessary unless we are going to see some purple battle pods

You forgot the other reason... It just looks cool.

I'm gonna second the minority, and say that some quality toys of the mechs would be needed. I would buy at least one, just so my Yamatoes have something to beat up.

I already have the Toynami VF-1A Ben Dixon MPC for that purpose. For me, buying one figure from the Astro Plan 9 from Outer Space series just means one more toy to beat up the MPC.

The MPC can never catch a break, can it? Not that I'm saying it should...

Someone on this site already has the red mecha as an import (miriya to be exact).

The pic is here. It's the top pic of post #51, the mecha in GERWALK configuration.

No... no they don't. The topmost picture in post #51 of the thread in question is Nora Polyansky's SV-51γ from Macross Zero. It looks nothing like the red fighter from that Astro Plan promo... the color's wrong, the wings are wrong... I could go on...

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Is this thing supposed to be a Animated movie or a series?

It's going to be a TV series. Some info on Astro Plan on this site:http://www.figure.fm/post/en/6531/Astro+Plan.html

"Astro Plan" ("太空历险记", "星原战记") is an upcoming sci-fi fantasy cartoon series made in China, which will be aired starting this month. The story goes like this: when the environment on Earth deteriorates in the future due to global warming, human beings decided to venture into space to look for a new home. This is the so-called "Star Field Project" (? - 星原计划). Deep in space, the space migration fleet encounters beings from Planet Iccus (? - 伊克斯星人), raiders of natural resources in the Universe. The alien beings has the ambition to become the overlord of the Galaxy. In response to this threat, 6 young fighters are recruited into Sky Arrow Flight Team (? - 天箭飞行队) to pilot the highly mobile and transformable Type Yi (? - 羿式) machines to combat the Iccus aliens

The story is basically lifted from Macross 7/Frontier. :(

A longer trailer is now available online:

oh lordy lordy... I lol'ed so hard I almost pissed myself.

I just love the SDF-white base. :lol:

(seriously though, the com-block VF-25's are actually kind of fun.)

(also the Tieria is a much more atractive woman than bootleg tieria)