Astro Plan

VF5SS

Look, its totally different. The nose of the fighter splits open when its in Battroid .....(uh, sorry)...... Robot mode!

And all robots are direct steals from Rossums Universal Robots anyway!! (Karel Čapek is almost exactly the same as Carl Macek, go figure......)

Taksraven

that picture reminds me of this

http://tfu.info/1998/Destron/Stascream/robotmode.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

Am I alone when I look at the white fighter and think it's based on the old F-111?

My reasons: Long nose, swing wing, and single rudder.

Isn't that a delta wing? Looks more like a Chengdu J9 or J10 to me. Got to have a healthy dose of national pride in these things.

Am I in the minority in saying that I'd like to see this and buy the toys from it? :)

I'd join your wagon. The mecha designs actually look kinda good ....until they did those angel wing and lightsaber ultimate move things.

Seriously, there was like an SDF-1 taking off to fight the Vajra. It's like a beautiful trainwreck of various Macross works. If I'm HG I am esctatic. This is exactly what they need. Provided it doesn't suck absolute balls and they can get US distribution rights they can totally abort Shadow Chronicles which has lower production values than this show and treat this series like a re-launch.

I know I will be spammed for saying this but truth be told.

The modern Chinese are shameless in copying other peoples ideas and work.

I think I would have been ok if they called it Macross V2 in respect to the people who created it. S.H.A.M.E.L.E.S.S.

Dont get me wrong I have made comments on the flipside when when the departed was a total ripoff of Mugando which was better anyway

Dont get me wrong I have made comments on the flipside when when the departed was a total ripoff of Mugando which was better anyway

The Departed wasn't a rip-off, it was an adaptation. The US Studio PAID to adapt the story. Completely different situation.

I will agree with you that the Hong Kong version was better, though. :)

The Departed wasn't a rip-off, it was an adaptation. The US Studio PAID to adapt the story. Completely different situation.

I will agree with you that the Hong Kong version was better, though. :)

not to veer of topic but i didnt know they paid and im glad they did. But I remember reading in our own local paper that there was a dispute between the producers and the makers of Mugando and The Departed saying tha their film was different. I dont know how different it is since the ending elevator scense is EXACTLY like Mugando. And Mugando at least had the creativeness to have three volumes where the departed tried to squeeze everything in 120min.

back on topic.

About the toys. I dont care if the toys look awesome Im not supporting a franchise ripoff where the original Macross franchise has rewarded us with all kinds of Valks.

New trailer, 2:49. http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/UlsR99vSbwg

Gerwalk, fold... I'm speechless.

Ok where to begin? Macross Frontier style fold effect, the Archangel from Gundam SEED, they hired some bloke from DeviantArt as the character designer, Vajra/Invid enemies and the enemy ship reminds me of the Sentinels version of the Ark Angel. Also, it looks like they concentrated too much on the mecha and neglecting the background and the surroundings.

Ok where to begin? Macross Frontier style fold effect, the Archangel from Gundam SEED, they hired some bloke from DeviantArt as the character designer, Vajra/Invid enemies and the enemy ship reminds me of the Sentinels version of the Ark Angel. Also, it looks like they concentrated too much on the mecha and neglecting the background and the surroundings.

Not Vajra/Invid, just Vajra.

And notice that the SEED Archangel has an aft that looks exactly like the Macross Quarter... <_<

Really can't wait to see this anime after that second trailer. If anything this could be a good drinking anime. Spot which scenes were lifted from Macross/Gundam and take a shot.

Are you sure you want to do that? You might actually get yourself killed from drinking more than one bottle or keg per episode.

To be honest, it's pretty obvious that they spent time doing these designs if they could mash together Aquarion with Macross (coincidentally both Kawamori shows). The character art is about the same quality as unguided and unattended Koreans (Ahem, Shadow Chronicles). I'd like to know more about the story, which seems to include a meteor crashing into Earth.

To be honest, it's pretty obvious that they spent time doing these designs if they could mash together Aquarion with Macross (coincidentally both Kawamori shows). The character art is about the same quality as unguided and unattended Koreans (Ahem, Shadow Chronicles). I'd like to know more about the story, which seems to include a meteor crashing into Earth.

I think Shadow Chronicles production values are more cohesive than this seems. This one is just all over the place.

Edited by hulagu

Well at least they have a black guy in the cast.... and who says Chinese mistreat other minorities lulz?

/sarcasm off.

Off Topic:

Technically speaking most of those minorities are still Chinese just they aren't Han.

On Topic:

Anybody going to watch this? Even for the sake of Lulz.

They are missing fanservice... wait, now that is something worthy of praise in this day and age. :lol:

Fan service shots and Ace Combat 5 music don't mix anyways. Its way too early to discount fan service though after all it probably won't be over until the Chinese Waitress sings.

I'd like to know more about the story, which seems to include a meteor crashing into Earth.

Looking back at the trailer I saw a huge meteor shower crashing on to the earth. Considering the Captain Gendo Ikari, I wouldn't be surprised if its labeled something like "Second Impact."