What are the words you don't want to hear in a sci-fi show?

Wanzerfan

"I know what I'm doing!" - Almost always immediately followed by ample proof that the speaker doesn't.

"Trust me." - Inevitably followed by a screwup or betrayal.

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Hit the deck, don't look up until the loud noises and screaming stop.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Actually, the "Weesa gonna die?" quote from the South Park movie and the "sparkley and the glowy" bit from Robot Chicken are the only two times I can honestly say I look forward to Jar Jar.

All the other times though? Open season as far as I'm concerned.

JarJar is the Macross7 of the SW franchise.

That would imply that there's someone out there who actually LIKES Jar Jar Binks... and I don't think that's true. :p

Why'sa you thinkin' so? Me'sa likin' JarJar! Everyones'a likin' JarJar insa they brisky ok-y-day heartsa love! That's why you'sa always talkin' bout him me'sa thinkin' ;)

Pete

Screw that. Four pages, and no one has said this staple of made-up DRAMATIC TENSION

"Shields down to 70 percent."

"Shields down to 40 percent!!"

"SHIELDS DOWN TO 10 PERCENT, OH NOOOOOOOOOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111!!!!!!!"

And its bastard-cousin: "Polorize the hull."

Screw that. Four pages, and no one has said this staple of made-up DRAMATIC TENSION

"Shields down to 70 percent."

"Shields down to 40 percent!!"

"SHIELDS DOWN TO 10 PERCENT, OH NOOOOOOOOOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111!!!!!!!"

And its bastard-cousin: "Polorize the hull."

Shields in general are silly... unless someone can explain how the guns on your own ship can fire through your own shields :p .

If we bring down the mothership/creator vampire/alien brain then all the others will be be returned to normal/seize functioning/return back to where they came.

in that theme... Don't hurt the infected/possessed/borgified person, they're not in control of themselves!