HLJ Yamato sale

bluemax151

Guys, out of the Max tv valks, which one would you choose?

well, kind of a tough choice.

Considering the sale-price right now:

for the TV-1A, you get the "special" blue-trims. Completing the Vermillion team with it is rather optional, as Kakizaki-TV's not included in the sale.

vs

for the TV-1J, you get the special FPs and stuff for about 2100-yen more.

However, you _MUST_ get the Milia-1J to go along with the the Max-1J, or Max will go crazy with loneliness. So that's another 8960-y expense.

add:

and the virgin-road 1D is meh, imho.

Edited by treatment

VF-1A. Beat Milia with it. Became an ace 1st with it. Combat relevant. Disguised himself as a Zentran soldier in it to save Hikaru, Kakizaki and Misa.

VF-1J looks cool and is more recognizable but for me, combat relevance and 1st impressions win the day.

AGREED!!! IA all the WAY!

Oh dear God... just ordered the Elint Seeker & Super Ostrich. I was on the fence about buying anymore VF-1s but the pictures of the open viewable engines plus the fact that everyone on this thread seemed so dam freakin' jacked up about it... so I was like; what the hell, I'd do it!

I selected SAL but they'll probably force EMS on me. I will NEVER-EVER buy another VF-1 again after this!!!

well..

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...roducts_id=1133 - Overdrive, VF-1S Hikaru = USD $73.99

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00097 - HLJ.com 30% sale, VF-1S Hikaru = USD $74.46....

overdrive has had these prices up for a long time now.

But stuff like the VF-11B has never been that cheap..

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Oh dear God... just ordered the Elint Seeker & Super Ostrich. I was on the fence about buying anymore VF-1s but the pictures of the open viewable engines plus the fact that everyone on this thread seemed so dam freakin' jacked up about it... so I was like; what the hell, I'd do it!

I selected SAL but they'll probably force EMS on me. I will NEVER-EVER buy another VF-1 again after this!!!

LOL, I ordered the same 2 as you! Selected EMS though :lol:

The Plus 11B is nearly irresistible, since it's you know actually at a reasonably sane price for once. I'm personally holding out for the C though.

Still haven't received my confirmation email past the normal automated one. HLJ must be pretty busy :lol:

IMO the reason is that Yamato or any toy retailer are afraid because once the none-painted, the none-assembled VF1s are released and then no one will buy the fully produced ones. Its all about the price.

Do you really think that large of a percentage of Macross collectors are customizers? Because I have to really doubt that...

Do you really think that large of a percentage of Macross collectors are customizers? Because I have to really doubt that...

Maybe not, but think about the small amount of customizers that can sell custom valks on MW, ebay or else where. Some people are actually willing to pay for that kind of stuff. You could buy 10 white VF-1 at $100 each. Get you some spare heads, slap the minmay guard paint scheme on them and sell them for $250 or more. It may not be cannon, but people do want these things. Hell, the actual companies are putting out cannon color schemes and people are buying those.

I will NEVER-EVER buy another VF-1 again after this!!!

THAT is the BEST line EVER! Should be the slogan for MWF!!!!......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is a great line indeed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Could not resist, I just went for the VF-11b.

I doubt it will arrive on Christmas, but hope I can get this beautiful bird before the end of the year.

Edited by takatoys