1:48 Hasegawa VF-1

CF18

+100 - I like that Hasegawa has designed this kit to be excellent on it's own at a reasonable price and leave the resin & PE details to the modeller's discretion (and pocketbook).

Already have one on preorder from HLJ myself, and have to say, I agree 100% - couldn't believe that the price was around USD $40.00! :blink: Trust me, a lot of Hasegawa's new tool 1/72 scale military aircraft kits (especially their Lancaster, B-24 Liberator, etc.) cost at least twice as much - and this Valk is going to be HUGE in comparison when built. Clearly they're expecting to sell them by the ship-load at that price....and I have every confidence they'll succeed! Next up is probably a VF-1S, then....hopefully a VT-1D, Super, Strike, and Battroid kits :D

Looking forward to this too, tempted to order a second one since I'm still waiting for the YF-19 to come back in stock, a anywhere....well anywhere affordable that is. Missed out on that one. :(

Chris

Interesting that both of Hasegawa's 1/48 Macross kits have box-art that's in a vertical format. I can't think of another example from Hasegawa.

They've done a few of the 1/72 Valks in a vertical format.

They've done a few of the 1/72 Valks in a vertical format.

Correct - I should clarify I was thinking about Hasegawa's models of real airplanes. Only one I can think of off-hand is Tamiya's Fi-156 kit from a couple of years ago (yeah I know NOT Hasegawa)

Oh well, the vertical format makes it very dramatic and I wish more manu. would do it.

Edited by aquilon

Correct - I should clarify I was thinking about Hasegawa's models of real airplanes. Only one I can think of off-hand is Tamiya's Fi-156 kit from a couple of years ago (yeah I know NOT Hasegawa)

Oh well, the vertical format makes it very dramatic and I wish more manu. would do it.

Ah....er...don't know..haven't been building regular aircraft for a few years (decade maybe)...

It would be perfect if Hasegawa offers just the decal sheet for the 1/48 VF-1. That way, at least we can apply those to our Yamato 1/48 VF-1 if we want to. B))

They do. It costs ï¿¥1200. Trick is, you have to be living in Japan, and enclose the coupon from the instruction sheet to get it. Though, HLJ could probably get a set for you, if you ask.

They do. It costs ï¿¥1200. Trick is, you have to be living in Japan, and enclose the coupon from the instruction sheet to get it. Though, HLJ could probably get a set for you, if you ask.

If only I were in Japan right now, I'd be having a field day at the Hobby shops!

Keep up posted on your build Jefuemon! B))

If only I were in Japan right now, I'd be having a field day at the Hobby shops!

Keep up posted on your build Jefuemon! B))

Got a few years? I've only got 19 kits to go before I can start this one. Well, if Hasegawa decides to release a weapon set for this one, it won't effect me very much.

Funny thing is, I got a 20% discount on this kit for reserving one for 20 minutes. It was released on February 25th, went into my favorite shop on Sunday looking for it, but they didn't have one yet. Asked me if I wanted to reserve one, said "Of course!". Would have said that even without the discount. Well, when I was filling out the paperwork, they must have gotten a delivery in, because I got a phone call not 20 minutes later saying that it arrived. Still gave me the discount, too!

So, if you're ever in Sapporo, take the Nanboku subway line out to Minami Hiragishi, and stop in at Ohm.

i'll be getting 1. 1J Hikaru looks fantastic.

And then i'll wait for the 1S Roy Strike/Super version. Probably break for a Hikaru 1S, lucky these aren't too expnsive i guess.

Remember, it's not just the 1J it's also the 1A in that box... you can have any three vermillion fighters with this kit or even a CF.

Got mine today from AmiAmi. It's so huge and awesome, but all the tiny detail scares me a little since I'm still new at this.

98b26f70611800.gif

Only started bulding by first 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1 a month or so back. 1/48 wings are looking great.

ce87fb70611806.gif

Tons of detail, even buttons in the cockpit.

80bf4570611809.gif 0fc36870611812.gif a31ad870611814.gif a7dc4d70611819.gif

VF-1S visor is included on the clear tree but the manual puts it as unused for this kit.

b39d5470611816.gif

And another comparison with the 1/72 VF-1

5f677170611821.gif

Absolutely love Tenjin Hidetaka's boxart, scanned it as soon as I opened the box

a5454370611822.gif

Quick and plain wallpaper-izing

1c739370611824.gif

I probably won't get to building this for another half year or so. Bunch of other kits in the way for now including my first VF-1. All I'm used to is snappy Gundam stuff but I wanted to do the Hasegawa kit properly so I've been lurking here for a few weeks digging through WIPs. Wooooo first post :lol: