1:48 Hasegawa VF-1

CF18

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't seen anything new comming out in 1/48, like a 1S and/or super/strike parts or a YF-21....and those are just the ones that were done in 1/72. I'd love to see a VF-11 (pipe dream I know) or what ever happened to that 1/48th VF-25 from Bandai?......

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I find it really surprising that we haven't seen any blogs or links that show off tons of 1/48 customs. Where's all the fun at?!?! I remember the 1/72's having a ton of modelling groups making custom paint schemes, mode types, etc. but have yet to see any for these newer kits.

What gives?!

I find it really surprising that we haven't seen any blogs or links that show off tons of 1/48 customs. Where's all the fun at?!?! I remember the 1/72's having a ton of modelling groups making custom paint schemes, mode types, etc. but have yet to see any for these newer kits.

What gives?!

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. This thread hasn't seen much action, I figured there would be tons of pics by now.

I've got one and to be quite honest I'm a bit underwhelmed by it so I really haven't had the motivation to assemble it :(

I certainly won't be jumping on the mold milking band wagon and as someone else mentioned I've had my fix via 1/72 :p

What gives?!

I need to get through about 10 kits before I can start on the 1/48, that's what gives for me.

Yeah, I'm a bit underwhelmed too. I don't even have a kit yet - don't know if I'll have the room for the 1/48 scale models. I think I still gotta get though my 1/72 collection, but know I've got to make the alterations to the legs of the 1/72 tilt angle to be more like the 1/48 the next time I build one. I'll wait to the VF-1S with Super Packs.

• 5 weeks later...

Hasegawa addressing Battroid fans with a kit that has the same attention to details as their fighters?

You might as well wait for Christmas and Easter to fall on the same date.

They would rather release a gazillion limited fighters with special decals,

than acknowledging that a Valk has other modes...

Edited by lechuck

OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!

I must have those!

Robb, why did i imagine you stamping your feet, turning circles and flailing your hands when i read that...

well... you have seen me when I get excited about PE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just receive the Hasegawa 1/48 VF-1S/A "Skull Squadron", let me tell you, the kit is just great, the decals are very nice. These is one difference between decals from the 1/72 version and the 1/48. The 1/72 "No Step" decals are red and the 1/48 are printed in black, don't know why.

Overall a great Kit!!

It's It's a shame there aren't that many build pics available for this beast. It would be nice to see some comparison pictures of the Yammie 1/48, the Hasegawa 1/48 and Club-M 1/48.

It's It's a shame there aren't that many build pics available for this beast. It would be nice to see some comparison pictures of the Yammie 1/48, the Hasegawa 1/48 and Club-M 1/48.

Kind of wondering the same thing. Really surprised someone hasn't thought to do this yet.

From the August issue of Dengeki Hobby Magazine:

978a8a87433422.jpg a15b4a87433594.jpg a03b3e87433488.jpg bb1b7b87433536.jpg ece20a87433723.jpg 4dbb5187433793.jpg

Jaw drops. WOW. Ok, elitist mode on. Not enough tie-down chains, should have probably at least a 6 to 10 chains, spread out from the nose gear & main mounts. annnnnnd the Towbar should be painted white and have some kinda of labeling (a Serial Number at least, usually 6-digits). Totally dig the flip down/flip up panelling to the engines & related hydraulics (got a very FA-18E/F vib). yeah...

for anyone without actually flight deck experiance, you'd probably sh*t yourself at the awesomeness of that diorama. 9.8 outta 10.0, minimum!