1:48 Hasegawa VF-1

CF18

HI all,

First time posting here. I just bought my first Hasegawa VF-1J/A 1/48 kit and am very excited about getting started. I've been out of modeling for many years, so this will be a challenge to complete in a presentable way. I'll do some searches before I blast off with the questions I have.

Are there translations for the MC02 assembly guide? I'm really just interested in knowing the paint codes or names for the colors for the VF-1J/A, for any brand of paint. I'm guessing that Tester isn't a favored brand anymore. I found a list of colors but I'm not sure I'd be applying the true colors.

How close is this color list?

http://www.mech9.com/blog/2011/07/1100-vf-1j-battroid-hikaru-ver-by-wave-color-guide-manual/

Edited by Nvncibl

I've got one and to be quite honest I'm a bit underwhelmed by it so I really haven't had the motivation to assemble it sad.gif

yeah, the 'ol Yammie 1/60v.II kind of has that effect on people, i think.

i mean, in all honesty, the 1/60v.II truly is just about as exacting as you can get with a fully variable VF-1 replica,

and that's EXACTLY what most fans want.

there are, of course, the minority out there, that are quite dissatisfied with the overall lines required in the 1/60v.II

to give it is well balanced and precise fit in all three forms, and would rather have a "Stylized" VF-1

fixed in one of it's three modes, and optimized for the best possible "Look" for whatever mode the model is fixed in.

for those realitive few, thse HASE's are surely a dream come true.

for anyone else however, nothing less than a highly accurate, fully finished, well-balanced fully variable toy-like replica will do for them,

and, to be honest, i can hardly blame them. plastic modeling skill, even to standards of earl YAMATO offerings,

is NOT an easy skill to learn, let alone master, and very few these days

have the time, patience or even the natural skill to accomplish much to be proud about on a $50.00+ unassembled model kit.

in sum, today, plastic modelling is very much a niche market.

and with the high quality and highly realistic finished toy/replica offerings by YAMATO, MACROSS plastic modelling

is a small Niche within an already tiny Niche fanbase.

just my POV, pay no mind...

Edited by Shaorin

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, thought the markings were a little different on that one, guess it was just a lighter shade of gray. Still wish they would reissue that kit, or come out with a different set of markings for it. Adding missiles to mount on it would just be icing on the cake. :)

I've seen it around at several hobbyy shops recently. Want me to check the price next time I see one?