Rambo V: The Savage Hunt

VT 1010

I thought that Rambo was a whiney little bitch in the first film and the series kept going downhill from there.

Taksraven

He's a survivor of a Vietnamese POW camp. I think he has every right to be a little upset. :blink:

First Blood always stands out for me. It's quite a powerful look at what that can do to a man. The sudden change to the big pecs, blowey-uppy action of the subsequent sequels was really random.

Edited by Alex

He's a survivor of a Vietnamese POW camp. I think he has every right to be a little upset. :blink:

First Blood always stands out for me. It's quite a powerful look at what that can do to a man. The sudden change to the big pecs, blowey-uppy action of the subsequent sequels was really random.

Here in Australia we had thousands of men who were in POW camps during WW2 and they didn't snap and turn into Rambo's. Thats not to say that it cant happen, but I still think that Rambo came across as a whinger. At least he didn't end up in a veterans hospital. (They are supposed to be truly hellish places)

Taksraven

Here in Australia we had thousands of men who were in POW camps during WW2 and they didn't snap and turn into Rambo's.

Taksraven

Um....how do you know that for a fact? ^_^

I've read more than a few news reports of ex military men going ape-S$$t and gunning down innocent people.

Edited by Alex

• 2 months later...

Looks like Rambo 5 isn't going to be a weird as we all thought: http://stallonezone.com/wordpress/?p=1847

From the above fan site,

From Sly

Hi Craig,

This is from Sly to your followers:

To all the loyal SZoners out there,

I’m letting you know that Rambo has changed course and the story about hunting the man/beast will be done using another character in the lead. RAMBO himself will be heading over the border to a violent city where many young women have vanished .

There will be blood.

Best,

Sly Stallone

You've got to be shitting me.

I hate to say it, but the best Rambo parody has got to be from the king of parodies: "Wierd Al" Yankovic's homage during the fantasy scene in "UHF".

You = crazy

The last Rambo movie was better than Jesus. In fact, when Jesus saw it he called me and said "sh!t man... That movie was even better than me."

The Rambo franchise needs to live on.

Fuc that

I want to see a rambo vs bill gates vs Vin Diesel vs Terminator vs the Hulk vs Megatron vs Devastator vs Godzilla vs Ultraman vs George Bush vs Wolverine vs Micheal Bay Vs Morpheous Vs Predator Vs Alien vs Mork vs Wheelie vs Liger Zero vs Maytag repair Man Vs Gurran Laggan Brigade vs rattrap vs the thing vs the other thing vs H1N1 vs Donald Duck vs Mike Tyson vs Crocop vs jaws vs Rx-178 vs my boss vs my boss' boss vs Ricky Shroader vs Stallone's mom vs Chirico Cuvie vs grimlock vs VF-25F vs my right foot vs daniel day lewis vs micromen vs spiral king vs richard dawkins vs spok vs Minerva x vs Strike Freedom vs .........

You = crazy

The last Rambo movie was better than Jesus. In fact, when Jesus saw it he called me and said "sh!t man... That movie was even better than me."

The Rambo franchise needs to live on.

This movie qoute says it all (I'll let you guess who said it).

"Rambo is a pussy." :lol:

Fuc that

I want to see a rambo vs bill gates vs Vin Diesel vs Terminator vs the Hulk vs Megatron vs Devastator vs Godzilla vs Ultraman vs George Bush vs Wolverine vs Micheal Bay Vs Morpheous Vs Predator Vs Alien vs Mork vs Wheelie vs Liger Zero vs Maytag repair Man Vs Gurran Laggan Brigade vs rattrap vs the thing vs the other thing vs H1N1 vs Donald Duck vs Mike Tyson vs Crocop vs jaws vs Rx-178 vs my boss vs my boss' boss vs Ricky Shroader vs Stallone's mom vs Chirico Cuvie vs grimlock vs VF-25F vs my right foot vs daniel day lewis vs micromen vs spiral king vs richard dawkins vs spok vs Minerva x vs Strike Freedom vs .........

You forgot Ash from Army of Darkness

I’m letting you know that Rambo has changed course and the story about hunting the man/beast will be done using another character in the lead. RAMBO himself will be heading over the border to a violent city where many young women have vanished .

There will be blood.

Best,

Sly Stallone

The truth of the matter is that due to the impeding Robotech Live Action movie, they decided they didn't have time to work on all the special FX that were going to be needed on the whole Rambo sci-fi and instead to do a sraight up action movie in a Mexican town with guns and women and hopefully get it into theatres before Robotech LAM crowds everything out and takes all the profits.

Pete

This movie qoute says it all (I'll let you guess who said it).

"Rambo is a pussy." :lol:

pineapple express was a dumb movie. Not funny, not much action and toilet humor... I outgrew toilet humor when I was 4.

Fuc that

Forgot:

vs. 2012 space meteor

vs. Kanye "IM GONNA LET U FINISH" West

vs. Mega Shark

vs. Giant Octopus

vs. Cloverfield Monster

vs. Sarah "HI2U RUSSIA" Palin

Who didn't? That movie ruled.

My idea for a Rambo V would be that he goes back to Afghanistan and kills all the Taliban that he helped in Rambo 3. "Dedicated to the courageous mujahideen freedom fighters of Afghanistan," indeed.

I thought that could have been good, too. James Bond needs to do the same thing.

Who didn't? That movie ruled.

My idea for a Rambo V would be that he goes back to Afghanistan and kills all the Taliban that he helped in Rambo 3. "Dedicated to the courageous mujahideen freedom fighters of Afghanistan," indeed.

I think it would be more productive if he went to Washington DC and took out all the CIA people who financed the Mujahideen, who gave Saddam Hussein Chemicle Weapons and other military aid when he was on "our side" and then maybe also found the guys responsible for sending 70 thousand Americans to die in Vietnam while they helped the Kmere Rouge run cocaine through the Ho Chi Minh trail.

This is actually why I liked Rambo: First Blood - because he was focusing his anger where it deserved to be focused: not on skinny illiterate impoverished farmers in Vietnam that could never be a threat to him - but on a complacent, ignorant society that sent him and his friends to a war that didn't need to be fought.

Just a thought.

Pete

This is actually why I liked Rambo: First Blood - because he was focusing his anger where it deserved to be focused: not on skinny illiterate impoverished farmers in Vietnam that could never be a threat to him - but on a complacent, ignorant society that sent him and his friends to a war that didn't need to be fought.

You must have watched a different movie than I did. As Rambo told Trautman, if that prick sheriff hadn't pushed him andleft him alone, there wouldn't have been a problem.

Your politics... :blink: well, it's a good thing politics don't belong on MW.

• 5 years later...

Sly's middle aged crisis has lasted into his senior years...it's painful to watch a man go thru that publicly.

That strong desire for stars to still feel valid after their expiry date....ouch!

Sly's middle aged crisis has lasted into his senior years...it's painful to watch a man go thru that publicly.

That strong desire for stars to still feel valid after their expiry date....ouch!

Last November, I bumped into Sly at Morton's Steak House at The Venetian in Macau. I was washing my hands in the men's room when he came out of the can and approached the sink next to me.

"This place is a f*ckin' mess."

Well, I couldn't blame him as this was a 5-star restaurant and the restroom was littered with paper towels. But yeah, he wasn't in a talking mood and his bodyguard was there too, so I hightailed it.

RAMBO was such a disappointment. Rambo better be kicking ISIS butt this time around.

Mexican cartels. He lives in Arizona.. Hard to run into the Islamic State there.

One of the themes of Rambo was war finds him, he never seeks it out.