Surprise!

izzyfcuk

I smell a Fire and blazer valk...I said I was done buying Yamato, but I may have to buy the Sturmvogel, since I never got the 21 and this looks much cooler.

It would be nice but there is a lot of redesigning for the VF-19 valks from the YF-19. VF-22 is already pretty close to the YF-21 so it is easy to make. It would be nice to have a Blazer and Fire valk though.

Hypothetically speaking, if Yamato went ahead and coughed up the cash to get the license to make M7 valks, I think it wouldn't make much sense for them NOT to get as much out of it as they can. Particularly since they have/can make molds to milk for VFs with variants and existing canon schemes. That would mean M&M VF-22s, a new VF-17 mold for D & S and possibly T with some small changes (including repaints like Milia's VF-17 and green smuggler version), and a new VF-19 mold for F/S/P/Kai (also P with whale blood recolor :p). At least with the 19, even though they have to make new molds, they don't have to figure out the engineering and transformation all over again, so that would be time and money saved.

Maybe a tiny, tiny possibility for an Fz-109A and F, though probably not worth the effort still.

If Yamato does indeed have or get the M7 license then ofcourse they will make the VF-19 and all the variations. Yes it would most likely be about 80-90% new mold but its the star VF of M7 so it would be stupid not to. Besides once you have the VF-19 down you can make alot of repaints and minor variations.

VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

VF-19P (Standard and Whaleblood red)

And with re-tooled wings:

VF-19S (Emerald Force and Test Flight colors)

VF-19F

Thats 6 VF variations based on the same basic mold with a few changes. Other then the VF-1 no other VF has that many official versions that have actually appeared in a show i think.

Despite what many people think, the VF-19Kai/F/S/P would need nearly all new tooling (99%).
If they make the fighter mode sleek, and keep the battroid chunky like in the anime then I'm all for it. To me it's not about the accuracy, it's moreso the fact that to me, the 19's look better with thicker battroid modes, the current 1/60 YF-19, Bandai's DX Fire Valkyrie and Yamato's 1/72 VF-19 resemble EVAS too me.

I'd definitely want a Blazer valkyrie. Wings remind me of a YF-23, and the battroid mode rules.

Pardon my ignorance fellas but what is M&M? I keep seeing M&M mentioned in the past few threads. It isn't MAcross 7 or Macross 7 Dynamite is it?

I'm happy that Yamato may be able to product Macross7 Valks but i'd much rather Bandai make them instead. Yamato Valks are nice and all but I just worry every time i lift them up to toy around and transform. Once i get it into one mode i usually just leave it alone because it takes too much careful effort to transform them. However for Bandai VF-25 valks, i've transformed them multiple times and toyed around with them with no worries.

Still in my book, whoever produces the obscure Valks like the VF-4 and VA-3 first are going to get my money.

I just looked at the detailed pictures with the zoomer available on Yamato's website. In Battroid mode you can clearly see the pilot in his cockpit but sad to say he's facing downwards. Is that what is "supposed" to happen on the show or the actual Valk? I always thought they rotated in the cockpit so that they were facing forwards.

Pardon my ignorance fellas but what is M&M? I keep seeing M&M mentioned in the past few threads. It isn't MAcross 7 or Macross 7 Dynamite is it?

I'm happy that Yamato may be able to product Macross7 Valks but i'd much rather Bandai make them instead. Yamato Valks are nice and all but I just worry every time i lift them up to toy around and transform. Once i get it into one mode i usually just leave it alone because it takes too much careful effort to transform them. However for Bandai VF-25 valks, i've transformed them multiple times and toyed around with them with no worries.

Still in my book, whoever produces the obscure Valks like the VF-4 and VA-3 first are going to get my money.

M&M stands for Max & Miria!! Many are hoping for the VF-22 color schemes!! B))

I just looked at the detailed pictures with the zoomer available on Yamato's website. In Battroid mode you can clearly see the pilot in his cockpit but sad to say he's facing downwards. Is that what is "supposed" to happen on the show or the actual Valk? I always thought they rotated in the cockpit so that they were facing forwards.

The YF-21 does so it's a good bet that the VF-22 will too. I bet they just forgot to point if forwards.

I wonder if the VF-22 will come with a heatshield/armor over the cockpit?

Never really paid the VF-22 much attention before, but noticed from the Macross Mecha Manual that the canopy is protected while in battroid mode.

Funny thing is that the image of the Battroid mode of the VF-22S from the Macross Chronicles doesn't have a canopy cover.

Maybe Yamato contacted the publisher of the Chronicles in advance to avoid any inconsistencies :lol:

Funny thing is that the image of the Battroid mode of the VF-22S from the Macross Chronicles doesn't have a canopy cover.

Maybe Yamato contacted the publisher of the Chronicles in advance to avoid any inconsistencies :lol:

really? that's sly :ph34r: ... is there a pic of that posted here? would like to see that pic you're talking 'bout...

really? that's sly :ph34r: ... is there a pic of that posted here? would like to see that pic you're talking 'bout...

I'll take a pic when I get back home. For reference, the sheet was included in Macross Chronicle no. 13.

I'll take a pic when I get back home. For reference, the sheet was included in Macross Chronicle no. 13.

it's ok man, found a scan here - VF-22S fr MC #13 ... thanks for the info.

sly indeed... :rolleyes:

EDIT - cool, issue #13 has some nice stuff on Misa too :wub: (and her old man :huh: )

comparison pics - L -fr M3, R - fr MC#13

3482262172_0f4d7016f2_o.gif3482262174_fa7f0fd524_o.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

it's ok man, found a scan here - VF-22S fr MC #13 ... thanks for the info.

sly indeed... :rolleyes:

EDIT - cool, issue #13 has some nice stuff on Misa too :wub: (and her old man :huh: )

comparison pics - L -fr M3, R - fr MC#13

3482262172_0f4d7016f2_o.gif3482262174_fa7f0fd524_o.jpg

I wonder who colored that in the chronicle. Even the Macross Design Works book shows it has a heat shield covering each of the canopy windows or maybe they just decided to make the heat shields the same color as the canopy now?

seems the bisecting line on the visor is missing as well?

The scan is just too blurry to see it. You can at least see it in the frame at the top of the scan next to the illustration of the gunpod.

On a different note, I hope the VF-22 will come with connectors that are compatible with the new stands since it won't be coming with one and including connectors for the type of stand that comes with the 21 and SV-51 are worthless unless they plan on selling those stands separately at some point.

Speaking of stands, I found it kind of funny or odd that for the VF-22 and repaint 19 pics they chose to use glass(?) blocks instead of one of their actual stands.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

On a different note, I hope the VF-22 will come with connectors that are compatible with the new stands since it won't be coming with one...

...Speaking of stands, I found it kind of funny or odd that for the VF-22 and repaint 19 pics they chose to use glass(?) blocks instead of one of their actual stands.

that good to hear, i was hoping they would standardize the stands for all valks

but yeah, its very odd for them to use the glass blocks

you cant get those exciting "fly by" poses using glass blocks

those initial pics for jet mode on glass blocks look very boring

If they make the fighter mode sleek, and keep the battroid chunky like in the anime then I'm all for it.

Heh, unless someone can come up with a way to apply anime magic to toy design then it's extrememly unlikely you will get a chunky battroid mode and a slim fighter. Can't have your cake and eat it too I'm afraid. Blame Kawamori

Graham

On a different note, I hope the VF-22 will come with connectors that are compatible with the new stands since it won't be coming with one and including connectors for the type of stand that comes with the 21 and SV-51 are worthless unless they plan on selling those stands separately at some point.

What gave u the idea that it won't be including the stand that came with the 21? Was this announced somewhere?

Dunno if anyone else has noticed, but the images of the first YF-19 (Bird Prey) are actually photoshops of the second repaint. The backgrounds in fighter mode are clearly the same. So we can suspect that these are officially the non-official schemes... ???

Forgive me if this has been posted before:

Pre-Orders are Up @ HLJ.com (all are currently $182.73 USD, set for JUNE release):

1/60 VF-22 Sturmvogel II Gamlin Custom Transformable

http://hlj.com/product/YMT00168

1/60 VF-19 Proto-03 Byrd of Play White&Orange Color

http://hlj.com/product/YMTX-02

1/60 VF-19 Proto-04 Double Nut White&Blue Color

http://hlj.com/product/YMTX-01

Edited by OmegaD3k

Since the heatshield portion isn't 'required' as a part of the transformation... I think it falls into the grey area where it may not actually affect whether or not the toy is PT.

Regardless, if Yamato does ever get a built in heatshield system working for the 22, all the better.

Forgive me if this has been posted before:

Pre-Orders are Up @ HLJ.com (all are currently $182.73 USD, set for JUNE release):

1/60 VF-22 Sturmvogel II Gamlin Custom Transformable

http://hlj.com/product/YMT00168

1/60 VF-19 Proto-03 Byrd of Play White&Orange Color

http://hlj.com/product/YMTX-02

1/60 VF-19 Proto-04 Double Nut White&Blue Color

http://hlj.com/product/YMTX-01

The doublenut has the stealth VF-1D as photos boggled me for awhile. XD