Evangelion 2.0: You can (Not) Advance

wolfx

Just as I said, the last two will be the replacements for EoE. Storywise, I wouldn't expect anything fundamentally different, as everything up until now has been essential the same, just told in an awesome new way. i'd expect similar results from 3.0 & 4.0.

The Q trailer clearly shows a new eva, eva-08... Since we already got the mark-6, then obviously there's gonna be a unit-7?

So yeah, bring on the awesome new way. :p

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, I shall know WTF Kaji was saying in the prologue. Worth the price alone! :)

Definitely! It's overtaken "what are the Angels and where doe they come from?" as the most asked question in Evangelion fan circles:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its coming to US theaters but not near me:(.

Hear is the list if it helps anyone. Maybe there are some more people in Madison/Chicago that can "demand it" and we can get a showing.

I'll drive a hour to see it in a theater.

http://eventful.com/performers/evangelion-20-you-can-not-advance-/P0-001-000244285-6

Its coming to US theaters but not near me:(.

Hear is the list if it helps anyone. Maybe there are some more people in Madison/Chicago that can "demand it" and we can get a showing.

I'll drive a hour to see it in a theater.

http://eventful.com/performers/evangelion-20-you-can-not-advance-/P0-001-000244285-6

Thoranime has 720p and 1080p torrents of both movies. That's how I caught it.

Definitely going to a showing, though. Absolutely going to rock on the big screen.

Mark January 20, 2011, on your calendars if you live in Canada:

Cineplex Odeon

Empire Theatres

I definitely want to see the last 15 minutes on a big screen :)

That's welcome news! I caught 1.0 at Chinook, so 2.0 is go. Still remember walking in hearing some girl asking her boyfriend "why did I let you drag me to this?" :lol:

• 2 months later...

Alright, the bluray comes out on tuesday, got my copy a little over a week ago. This movie is still incredible after the 4th time watching it. I just wish someone would release an anamoprhic/english sub of EoE.

Thanks for the reminder guys. Gotta make a preorder at Worst Buy. Also, I would love to be able to see this thing on a big screen in New York. You gotta love life sometimes...

Edited by myk

The British blu ray version was supposed to come out on the 28th as well, but then the release got unexplicably pushed back to the 30th of may.

Since I've had the Hong Kong and the Spanish release for a while now it's not a biggy. But I do wonder why the english speaking markets are so slow in releasing all things Evangelion.

The British blu ray version was supposed to come out on the 28th as well, but then the release got unexplicably pushed back to the 30th of may.

Since I've had the Hong Kong and the Spanish release for a while now it's not a biggy. But I do wonder why the english speaking markets are so slow in releasing all things Evangelion.

I think it's something to do with the Japanese licensors. Take a look at the HK release, and you'll see it's on a BD-25, which means the encode isn't as smooth as the Japanese release. They may give the option of taking a lessor encode sooner, or waiting longer to get a proper bitrate.

I think it's something to do with the Japanese licensors. Take a look at the HK release, and you'll see it's on a BD-25, which means the encode isn't as smooth as the Japanese release. They may give the option of taking a lessor encode sooner, or waiting longer to get a proper bitrate.

I'm thinking that it might also have something to do with the english language releases being expected to fetch a bigger license fee than other markets, and thus the negotiations take longer? I say this because it seems that also the Evangelion manga get released earlier in other markets.

Wow this thing looks breathtaking on blu-ray. Also, I wish I had known this would be playing in theaters locally-looks like it was here a coupla months ago...

Any information or hints at to when Evangelion 3.0 (?) will be released? I think that 2.0 has been released for a while now, and I have just been wondering about when the next segment will come out....

I'd wager next year-ish.

I'd wager next year-ish.

Well 2012 is when the mayans said the world would end and be reborn, so I guess a finale to the Rebuild of Evangelion in 2012 would be somewhat pertinent :D

Well 2012 is when the mayans said the world would end and be reborn, so I guess a finale to the Rebuild of Evangelion in 2012 would be somewhat pertinent :D

It has been recently discovered that said prophecy was actually a review of the final 2 Eva Rebuild movies. Suffice it to say, they'll be even more awesome than anticipated.

Quick question. Is anyone having trouble playing the bluray on there PS3? It wont load on mine, unless I fiddle with it, then the audio skips at times. dry.gif

I'd exchange it, worked fine on my ps3.

Quick question. Is anyone having trouble playing the bluray on there PS3? It wont load on mine, unless I fiddle with it, then the audio skips at times. <_<

Fiddle with what???? Dirty boy!!!! :p :P :p:D :D

Quick question. Is anyone having trouble playing the bluray on there PS3? It wont load on mine, unless I fiddle with it, then the audio skips at times. <_<

Fine on mine as well, and I'm using older firmware. My pc is another story.

Here's one, is it just my PS3, or are the subs really timed not to go away until the next line?

Really liked the making of. Surprised at how decent cel shading has gotten (as compared to the utter crap it was) that it sneaked some Evas by me. Though I'm even more amazed at just how much is still hand drawn. Reminds me how much I miss hand drawn mecha and that there is another use for the tool of cgi other than "crutch".

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Returned my old copy got a new one. Still have to fiddle with it to get it to work. Other blu-rays play fine. Just this one. Anyone out there have any ideas? :(

Do other dvd/bd discs play fine? Test both formats. One of my ps3s had a problem reading bds but read dvds just fine. I jammed an air compresser in the slot and gently/blindly burst some air and the bds read fine after that.

Just got mine. Not impressed by the choice of packaging they chose. Its now a jacket that isn't even tight enough to hold the BD cover in place. The 20 page booklet that they advertise is just a cheap booklet inside the BD casing. Laughable attempt. Probably part of the cost cutting measures just before navarre sold off funimation. Wished it had a similar packaging to 1.11.

I think I'm the only person that truly despised this movie. It's like they took the original and handed the reigns over to George Lucas with the battle against Zurel the most egregious example. Spinning backflip, wtf? :angry: I look at the original series, which used its limited budget to perfection and this... now I understand the hatred people direct towards the Prequels.

I thought 1.0 wasn't that bad, save for a tad rushed. This one makes me want to ignore the next two films altogether.

Returned my old copy got a new one. Still have to fiddle with it to get it to work. Other blu-rays play fine. Just this one. Anyone out there have any ideas? :(

Check your firmware, then try cleaning your drive. Aside from that, I have no idea why there'd be a problem. But try posting over in the glitch disc forums over at animeondvd (or mania, or whateverthefartit'scallednow), if anyone else is having the same problem, that'd be the place to find out.

I think I'm the only person that truly despised this movie. It's like they took the original and handed the reigns over to George Lucas with the battle against Zurel the most egregious example. Spinning backflip, wtf? :angry: I look at the original series, which used its limited budget to perfection and this... now I understand the hatred people direct towards the Prequels.

I thought 1.0 wasn't that bad, save for a tad rushed. This one makes me want to ignore the next two films altogether.

You are the only person, and from this point forward, you shall be shunned.

... at least you're consistent with your horrible, horrible taste. :lol: