Evangelion 2.0: You can (Not) Advance

wolfx

I think I'm the only person that truly despised this movie. It's like they took the original and handed the reigns over to George Lucas with the battle against Zurel the most egregious example. Spinning backflip, wtf? :angry:

Kinda reminds me of the Game Cube remake of Solid Snake, where in a cut scene Snake jumps in the air and bicycle kicks away a bunch of missiles being shot at him. I wouldn't say I despise the movie, rather I'm disappointed to see the spirit of the original series being crammed into a limited time format; it's almost like watching a slideshow or highlight reel of the action scenes from the original series. Then again, I'm one of those fans that never thought EOE or any other Evangelion works outside of the original "in-Shinji's-head" ending was necessary-I liked Eva just as it was all those years ago. If you wanna talk about despising something, I'll nominate Mari-her character stinks up the screen and is just an annoyance, IMO...

Checked firmware, cleaned laser. Still have the problem. Seems like am the only one so far as I can tell. having issues with the bluray playing on there PS3.

Could just be a bizarre bad batch. Do you have a friend with a PS3 to test on?

Nope. Oh well. I'll just buy the dvd version. I swear. If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck. dry.gif

I'd contact funimation directly before doing that, or in addition to. If it's a bad batch in your area, they should be able to replace it easily.

I'd contact funimation directly before doing that, or in addition to. If it's a bad batch in your area, they should be able to replace it easily.

I dont think it's a bad batch. I got a 3rd copy from Amazon, and guess what? Same thing. ::sigh:: -_-

But, hell. Lets contact Funimation anyways. B))

Edited by SkullLeaderVF-X

I dont think it's a bad batch. I got a 3rd copy from Amazon, and guess what? Same thing. ::sigh:: -_-

But, hell. Lets contact Funimation anyways. B))

Only other thing I can reccomend, is that you make sure you let the initial menu's load totally without skipping them. Or if that doesn't work, try skipping them. Does any of the bonus content play without issue?

Only other thing I can reccomend, is that you make sure you let the initial menu's load totally without skipping them. Or if that doesn't work, try skipping them. Does any of the bonus content play without issue?

When I put the disc in, my PS3 tries to read it, but it just spins ans stops, and doesnt load. I have to eject and load, eject ,load, eject load, before the PS3 finly reads it and put it icon on the XMB bar for me to choose it. The extras play fine so far, just the movie skips. However after cleaning the laser though, the disc no longer skips when playing. But the disc makes a loud whillring noise, and the laser clicks to, before it starts to play it.

No other Blu-ray does it? That is odd. Though something could be up with these discs. Mine stuttered like hell in my laptop. Tried The Hangover, and it was fine. Tested the Gunbuster and Diebuster movies, and they dropped frames as well, but not as bad. I figure mine is either the software (good luck testing that) or the hardware (and the drives been recently replaced). Testing a DVD proves nothing, as it's a different laser.

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Amiami has now got the latest installment of the groundworks of Evangelion books (from Eva 2.2) on preorder. Earlier I was under the impression that this line of books had been cancelled. The new book looks like it's published independent of the Gainax goundworks line. The new name: Neon Genesis Evangelion Theatrical Version:Jo Animation Original Picture Book

Link: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=BOK-4061&template=default/product/e_display.html

• 3 months later...

F*ck that! Behold, a true image representing what's to come.

post-278-0-03599200-1311927931_thumb.jpg

Good find. What the hell is going on with this film series though? Want to see the climax.

SQUEEEEEEEEE!

Where did you find this image?

That was from the cover of Newtype a couple of months ago: http://www.amazon.co.jp/Newtype-%E3%83%8B%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A4%E3%83%97-2011%E5%B9%B4-06%E6%9C%88%E5%8F%B7-%E9%9B%91%E8%AA%8C/dp/B004XIWD2I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1311948806&sr=8-3

From what I heard, however, the article didn't include anything substantial about the next movie(s) :(

Strangely enough, www.evangelion.co.jp and from little I can understand with machine translations, whatever's going on with the next movie is supposed to have some epic Asuka action.

It seems strange that they would spoil something like Asuka's action scene's considering how we last saw her i 2.0 (yeah I know that they spoiled it in the sneak preview at the end anyway, but still).

I think this film will truly be epic. Mr. Anno...hurry up!!

• 4 weeks later...

Finally a release window for 3.0: 3rd Evangelion Remake Film to Open Fall 2012

The link in the article takes you to a page with some screenshots from the updated preview.

Yeeesss!!

Finally.

But does this then mean that the 4th film will not be released simultaneously as previously thought?

EVA unit 2 + GAR Asuka doing combat in space = win

Edited by Marzan

OMG another year? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I hope 3 & 4 are released close together, since that means we won't get any blurays until mid/late 2013 in Japan, and closer to 2014 in the U.S. What a freakin' agonizing wait. On the bright side, eyepatch Auska is definately hot.

This is not going to surprise anyone, but I call crap on this. Yeah, you heard me: crap! More spins? I'm outta here.

But on the plus, I'm glad they're going back to Asuka's orginal plugsuit. I hated the reimagined version with a passion.

I don't even know who you are, why you're posting here, or what you're talking about. But I can only assume your random rage against these films is your own personal way of showing how much you love the epic-awesomeness contained within.

What makes you think that...?

Just that there's no mention of the 4th film or the simultaneous release that was talked about previously. Of course that doesn't mean it won't happen.

I do hope they do come out if not together, then with only a small wait till the 4th part.

• 2 weeks later...

Could somebody PLEASE HELP ME? I'm so lost!! I thought the end of Evangelion was it, and now we have more movies? Are they retellings or sequels or prequels? I just don't know!!! :unsure:

Technically, at the moment, these movies are "retellings" of the old Evangelion story with new events/characters/elements included. The animation/action/everything about it has been brilliant so far.

BUT

There has also been a few lines spoken by Kaworu in the new films that suggest that either the events of the films have happened before or possibly these events are not a retelling but actually take place *after* End of Evangelion. Time will tell.

Technically, at the moment, these movies are "retellings" of the old Evangelion story with new events/characters/elements included. The animation/action/everything about it has been brilliant so far.

BUT

There has also been a few lines spoken by Kaworu in the new films that suggest that either the events of the films have happened before or possibly these events are not a retelling but actually take place *after* End of Evangelion. Time will tell.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!!! :)

BUT

I actually t hink those lines may be

Kowaru taking responsability for how Gendo abandoned Shinji. Kowaru calls Gendo father, which I think solidifies that his clone DNA came from Gendo, just as Rei's came from Yui.

Edited by Keith

I actually t hink those lines may be

Kowaru taking responsability for how Gendo abandoned Shinji. Kowaru calls Gendo father, which I think solidifies that his clone DNA came from Gendo, just as Rei's came from Yui.

That's what I thought too after watching it for a couple of times.

Having said that, the scenario that Taksraven mentions is fascinating. What if its all happening post E of E? Anno could yet surprise us all.