Evangelion 2.0: You can (Not) Advance

wolfx

Who else thought about this when Shinji was trying to save Rei?

The thought had not crossed my mind until I saw this pic. :D

Gendo and Kamina must the be the two most antipodean characters one could think of...

• 1 month later...

4536601374_9e02124a5f.jpg

4536555612_954fa4f657_m.jpg

Sooooo, you pilot an awesome giant robot, live with the hottest woman ever, have a pet penguin, everyone is "Shinji this, Shinji that" with you and you even hang around in the most über facilities know to human kind.... all THAT and the happiest expression I've ever seen drawn in your face is "cooooool, coke and f'fries!!11!".....

F* you...

Imaginary sir, you are the most hated character FOREVER in my book. :angry::lol:

Edited by Twoducks

Sooooo, you pilot an awesome giant robot, live with the hottest woman ever, have a pet penguin, everyone is "Shinji this, Shinji that" with you and you even hang around in the most über facilities know to human kind.... all THAT and the happiest expression I've ever seen drawn in your face is "cooooool, coke and f'fries!!11!".....

F* you...

Imaginary sir, you are the most hated character FOREVER in my book. :angry::lol:

I dunno he kinda looks frozen like he has been hit by a poison dart and is about to collapse....

LOL though.

Taksraven

F* you...

I think Misato got cheated on her burger. It seems to be lacking the top bun.

• 1 month later...

ok, I've just watched Eva 2.22

:blink:

Well, umm, what can I say? Some first impressions:

Oretachi wo dare da to omotte yagaru? Simon Ikari Shiji!

Maybe we should call it "Do You Remember Eva?"

on a slightly more serious note, I'm impressed by the curve balls they threw plot wise. Also just when I thought they had mixed prozac with the LCL the story turns darker.

Still, as an old time Eva fan, it's also quite strange to see how the characters have changed. The influence of Eva had on 15 years of anime now got channeled back in to the characters. They seem a bit more like the stereotypes they themselves heavily influenced. Rei went from traumatized victim to clumsy moe, and Asuka is now a standard tsundere. Fanservice nods to just about every fetish too.

Still, it gripping and I am very curious to where this will lead, especially given the ending.

Edited by Bri

Yeah, just realized that there was a Evangelion 2.0 thread.

Pre-ordered the Hong Kong DVD with english subs!

Can't wait.

English subs, where from?

Ive seen a few *cough* torrents *cough* but most are not fully translated.

Edited by Vepariga

English subs, where from?

Ive seen a few *cough* torrents *cough* but most are not fully translated.

YesAsia has it on pre-order for the 25th of June.

Eva 2.22 is far more emotionally satisfying and epic than the entire original series, but it doesn't make a lick of sense.

I'll take that as an approval. Can't wait to see it next month.

Eva 2.22 is far more emotionally satisfying and epic than the entire original series, but it doesn't make a lick of sense.

The Duke is pretty much spot on with his review. Watched it today. Loved it. What Duke might be forgetting though is that it is Eva and it doesn't have to make sense.

Loved the ship that Gendo and whatsisname were flying about the moon on. Talk about a ripoff of an Eagle from Space:1999, but thats really cool too.

After closing titles action, COOL!!!! MUCH better than the after credits stuff on Iron Man 2!!!!

"This time I'll make you happy" right at the end? Like its all happened before?? Referencing the original series???? COOL!!!!!!!

Some people would love to be able to make stuff this surreal. I love surrealism.....

Taksraven

(BTW, when does the Macross Frontier film come out on DVD?? ;) ;) ;) )

The Duke is pretty much spot on with his review. Watched it today. Loved it. What Duke might be forgetting though is that it is Eva and it doesn't have to make sense.

Loved the ship that Gendo and whatsisname were flying about the moon on. Talk about a ripoff of an Eagle from Space:1999, but thats really cool too.

After closing titles action, COOL!!!! MUCH better than the after credits stuff on Iron Man 2!!!!

"This time I'll make you happy" right at the end? Like its all happened before?? Referencing the original series???? COOL!!!!!!!

Some people would love to be able to make stuff this surreal. I love surrealism.....

Taksraven

(BTW, when does the Macross Frontier film come out on DVD?? wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif )

Sometime between nobody know's and whenever they feel like it :)

2.22 is just epic... and we still have two more movies left.

Felt this one was making more sense than the series (in Evangelion "making sense" is a very loose term though :lol: ). Hope they keep it up and don’t pull another über crazy ending.

Love how they have weirdedup the angels. The original series had weird enemies for its time and now they are raising the bar again.

Now THAT was a very interesting part. Are they saying Rebuilt is truly a sequel?? Or was that just fanservice?

Now THAT was a very interesting part. Are they saying Rebuilt is truly a sequel?? Or was that just fanservice?

It could be either. Afaik Khara never specified more then that rebuilt is an alternate retelling and easier access to Evangelion. Plenty of sequel theories around but only time will tell whether it's true or not.

Also the Eva 2.22 movie is doing very well. Setting highest weekly and total sales for Blu-ray in Japan.

It could be either. Afaik Khara never specified more then that rebuilt is an alternate retelling and easier access to Evangelion. Plenty of sequel theories around but only time will tell whether it's true or not.

Also the Eva 2.22 movie is doing very well. Setting highest weekly and total sales for Blu-ray in Japan.

I just wish someone would re-license and give us decent masters for End of Evangelion.

What Keith said.

Also, he's co-directing (with Masayuki, who directed Evangelion: Death), writing the scripts, and doing some of the storyboarding.

Fair enough. I heard at one point that Anno would only be writing the first film and then handing it off to others. When I watched 2.22 yesterday though, Anno's fingerprints were too obvious.

Taksraven

I feel tempted to pick up Evangelion 1.11 for $14 from Amazon but I feel I should hold out for the blu-ray boxset. How optimistic should I be of the chances of it being released? :huh:

Oh, it'll probably be out evenutally...but consider: Eva 1.0 came out in Japanese theaters in September 2007. The Japanese DVD of 1.01 came out seven months later. Followed after another year by the Blu-Ray 1.11. In late 2009, the US DVD of 1.01 came out, with the 1.11 Blu-ray coming out in April of 2010.

If that schedule holds, 2.22 will come out in the US in 2012. The third and fourth movies will probably come out in Japan in 2011, with US Blu-ray coming out in 2014.

And the boxset would probably be out in 2015.

To me, that seems like a long time to wait...but maybe I'm weird.