1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 4

• 2 weeks later...

NIIICEEEE! So I'll ask the inevitable question. What did you do to panel line and weather your valks? I've been tempted to use Gundam weather makers on mine but some of the test I did using my Toon. 1/100s didn't turn out so well.

NIIICEEEE! So I'll ask the inevitable question. What did you do to panel line and weather your valks? I've been tempted to use Gundam weather makers on mine but some of the test I did using my Toon. 1/100s didn't turn out so well.

I used gundam markers and Pro-Modellers weathering wash :)

I used gundam markers and Pro-Modellers weathering wash :)

Lookin KICK-ASS as usual Rabid!! Great Work... B)) Gonna try to get around to my M&M's soon!

p.s. Why did you paint the inside of the thrusters of the FP's red? Is that anime accurate or do you just like it???

Edited by derex3592

Well, I got my VF-1D a couple days ago from HLJ. It's my first 1/60 v2 VF-1.

I did some panel lining on it which was a huge pain because they are so fine and shallow that it's hard to actually get stuff to stay in there.

I finished applying weathering on it and adding a flat coat which probably wasn't such a hot idea because there are a lot of areas that encounter much friction and cause the coating to scrape off regardless of how careful I was.

I also did my best to paint up the faces since the blank faces on Hikaru and Minmay looked disturbing.

post-10222-1261683647_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1261683653_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1261683661_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1261683669_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1261683678_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Lookin KICK-ASS as usual Rabid!! Great Work... B)) Gonna try to get around to my M&M's soon!

p.s. Why did you paint the inside of the thrusters of the FP's red? Is that anime accurate or do you just like it???

Thank you :)

And as far as the FP thrusters, it was shown that way in the TV series on several occasions as well as in various artwork (the picture of the VF-1J on the main page has red thrusters) and model kits. I only painted the inside of TV fast-pack thrusters as well as the Missile tips. I didn't do it to the DYRL valks

a few small screens:

color2.jpg

color1.jpg

Edited by Rabidweezil

Well, I got my VF-1D a couple days ago from HLJ. It's my first 1/60 v2 VF-1.

I did some panel lining on it which was a huge pain because they are so fine and shallow that it's hard to actually get stuff to stay in there.

I finished applying weathering on it and adding a flat coat which probably wasn't such a hot idea because there are a lot of areas that encounter much friction and cause the coating to scrape off regardless of how careful I was.

I also did my best to paint up the faces since the blank faces on Hikaru and Minmay looked disturbing.

post-10222-1261683647_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1261683653_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1261683661_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1261683669_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1261683678_thumb.jpg

You're 1D looks awesome, unlike the usual grey or black panel lining.

How about a close-up pic of the faces; Hikaru and Minmei?

How about a close-up pic of the faces; Hikaru and Minmei?

They're really not much to look at up close. The way they are molded, they look like what you would get if Voldemort had kids. Compare:

post-10222-1261709199_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1261709192_thumb.jpg

@ MacrossJunkie

Looks totally awesome.

What exactly did you do for the weathering? Step by step? Thanks.

I used ProModeller dark dirt wash for the VF panels which was a pain to actually get in the panels because the wash has too much surface tension, especially for such fine panel lines which usually caused it to get pulled right back out. Light dirt version for the gunpod.

Then I used tamiya weathering kits for the weathering effects. I used rust orange and a tiny bit of oil stain for the orange painted areas and burnt red for the lighter parts. Some use of oil stain color in key places. Gunmetal and silver colors on the gunpod and feet, which don't really show up well in the pics.

Sealed it in with Testor's dullcote.

After my reorganization I decided to come up with some new poses for my 1/60 1S's before I got my VT-1 which was today. Of course these were weeks ago when I took these getting the new windows in the top floors of the house work prevented me fromposting these sooner.

100_2371.jpg

100_2375.jpg

100_2372.jpg

Couple of quick pics of my newly panel lined and decaled "Virgin Road" b4 she gets packed up in the box for a while....man, the red and blue color valks are a b*tch do do the panel lines on---also, really wished they would have included a "Just Married" Tail marking like I saw on a Hasagawa "Virgin Road". Would have added so much...... <_<

haha--and I totally forgot to detail the front gear....back to work... B))

post-11393-1262472061_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1262472087_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1262472109_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1262472130_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

• 2 weeks later...