1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 4

I finally got around to doing weathering on the couple destroids I have. My first time using the tamiya weathering kits.

I think there was something wrong with the kits I got as the stuff in both kits were dry as chalk and very hard and I understood they were supposed to be slightly damp and more like cosmetics consistency. Anyway, I tried to make the best of it.

post-10222-1253590928_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1253590932_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1253590939_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1253590962_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1253590967_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1253590971_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1253590994_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1253590998_thumb.jpg

Geuss who's has gotten his hands on Ozma.....this guy :rolleyes: rolleyes: Just got it yesterday morning, took me awhile to at least transform it to Gerwalk mode but getting to battriod mode was difficult alot difficult than when I transformed my 19, but here are some pics of it, however; I had to do some more rearanging my 11 is now on the top of my bookshelf with my 19,22S, and 21, to make room on the second shelf for the VF-25S.

100_2240.jpg

100_2241.jpg

100_2242.jpg

100_2244.jpg

100_2245.jpg

100_2246.jpg

100_2247.jpg

100_2248.jpg

100_2249.jpg

That's it for now going to bed, fading away while typing.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I finally got around to doing weathering on the couple destroids I have. My first time using the tamiya weathering kits.

I think there was something wrong with the kits I got as the stuff in both kits were dry as chalk and very hard and I understood they were supposed to be slightly damp and more like cosmetics consistency. Anyway, I tried to make the best of it.

LOVE your weathering!!!! Great Job!!!

Second Wave of pics of my one and only Macross Frontier VF-25S Ozmato tell you the truth I had a hard time removing the head let alone the neck piece to place the adaptor into the socket just to extend the head above the shoulders.

Pre-adaptor image

100_2250.jpg

100_2252.jpg

post adapto image

100_2253.jpg

100_2254.jpg

100_2255.jpg

Quick group snap of stuff I received today interspersed with the rest of my Macross collection:

P1000322.jpg

The new adds are the 1/60 VF-0S and Revoltech YF-21 and Regult. The VF-0S is cool but slightly disappointing, probably a result of getting it after the SV-51. Still, it looks really nice in each of its modes, and QC-wise everything seems to be okay except for a very irksome crack in part of the gray part of the leg under the knee armor. I gotta find me a cheap Ghost Booster for it now.

I'm digging the Regult more than I thought I would too... very nice toy.

I assume you're asking me?

Just do a search for Tamiya weathering master to find a store selling those.

I used kits C and D. Mine were probably bad though.

I ended up having to use my fingers because it was too dry and hardened for the brush to pick up anything and the foam applicators ripped quickly :angry:

I masked off all the clear plastic pieces and sprayed a few layers of gloss clearcoat first over the destroids to make the stickers more even with the rest of the surface and to protect them, then I applied the panel lines with thinned out smoke colored tamiya acrylic paint and added the weathering using the kits. I finished with 3 or 4 layers of a matte finish. It was the first time I went through that much trouble to do weathering, but I liked the end results.

Guys your collections are amazing! I just have a couple of questions to ask all of you.

How long does it take to dust your collection?

How often do you do it?

Dust!?!?!!?! If the stuff in your collection sits long enough to collect significant amounts of it, you obviously aren't enjoying your collection enough! :lol: That or you have a significant other that cares about those things. ^_^

Guys your collections are amazing! I just have a couple of questions to ask all of you.

How often do you do it?

I've lived in my current house for about a year and haven't had to dust yet. I can swipe my fingers across the shelves in my display cabinets and not really pick up any dust.

It helps that the house has almost entirely hardwood floors or tiles with the only carpeting being in the basement, so there's very little dust being generated.

I sweep the floors with a swiffer between every few days to once a week and that's about as much as I need to do to manage dust.

AGREED!!! I was a little nervous about weathering Mac Plus stuff, but seeing your's makes me want to try it!!!!

I'm glad you like it :) I think the weathering really makes a difference in my displays. I am slowly working on weathering more of my valks when I get in the mood for it.

I didn't seal any of the valks with a clearcoat yet, but I may just leave them as is since I rarely do anything to them so I shouldn't need to worry about rubbing off the weathering. I may need to though if I get around to weathering the other parts to cover the battroid mode as well, but that's low on my to do list.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

How often do you do it?

I try to dust a little every day, I have 4 shelves. I usually use a chamuse to clean large surfaces (like valks in fighter mode) and a small soft brush to remove every little particle of dust, then I vacuum the shelves. If I clean all the shelves together it can take me up to 4 hours, but I enjoy it :p

Dust!?!?!!?! If the stuff in your collection sits long enough to collect significant amounts of it, you obviously aren't enjoying your collection enough! :lol: That or you have a significant other that cares about those things. ^_^

I am married and have a baby girl plus I work full time. So as you can see I hardly ever have time to enjoy my collection. My significant other (wife) doesn't give a crap about my stuff and often threatens to break it whenever I piss her off about something.

Edited by Muzaffar

I try to dust a little every day, I have 4 shelves. I usually use a chamuse to clean large surfaces (like valks in fighter mode) and a small soft brush to remove every little particle of dust, then I vacuum the shelves. If I clean all the shelves together it can take me up to 4 hours, but I enjoy it :p

I am married and have a baby girl plus I work full time. So as you can see I hardly ever have time to enjoy my collection. My significant other (wife) doesn't give a crap about my stuff and often threatens to break it whenever I piss her off about something.

I use a Q-tip and air duster to dust off my collections for the smallest detail like parts the the dust cloth couldn't get to. and Muzafaar I am in the sameboat with one exception I am not married and it's my sister who dosen't give a fig about my passion for Macross and the toys based off of it every time she wants to get into a argument she always brings them into it and thats annoying.

Looking good. B))

How'd the paint hold up after the transformation? Any issues with chipping or paint rubbing off anywhere?

hi Mog, sorry for my late reply! yup i used laquer paint and it is somewhat durable to transformation, but no denying transforming will result in the odd chip here n there :)

by the way, i am finally done painting my low vis hikaru 1J scheme and here are the pics :D

(This is what the grey cannon fodder shown previously finally became ^_^)

Now the hunt starts for the low vis 1/60 decals, especially the grey UN Spacy kites!

where the hell can i find them? i know i know... the sticker sheet of the VT-1... OMG help me XD

Picture052-7.jpg

Picture053-8.jpg

Picture049-5.jpg

Picture062-5.jpg

The YF-19 looks really nice all banged up.

I agree; the YF-19 looks the best of the three. Cool stuff. I really need to get me a YF-19 and 21...

That low-vis VF-1J is really well-done too. It reminded me of the VF-11B at first glance, sans the bullseye heatshield.

Here's a pic of my 3 Valks all in fighter mode. I like it, but some Flexidisplays would really spruce it up. They should be able to support the Ozma right? The included Bandai stand sucks.

P1000325.jpg

Added weathering to the Mac Plus valks in fighter mode using the same kits.

Can't seem to get the subtle touches like paint fade to show up in the pics I took. Oh well.

post-10222-1253770144_thumb.jpg

Did some on my VF-22S also.

post-10222-1253771480_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1253771628_thumb.jpg

WOOOOOOO~~~~~~Man, the YF-19 is definitely one of the best weathering and panel-line customs I v ever seen.

If ok, could you inform us more pics how you complete that (will really appreciate if a new thread is started for this issue)

Great thanks mate, and lastly

VERY VERY NICE JOB!!!!!

hi Mog, sorry for my late reply! yup i used laquer paint and it is somewhat durable to transformation, but no denying transforming will result in the odd chip here n there :)

by the way, i am finally done painting my low vis hikaru 1J scheme and here are the pics :D

(This is what the grey cannon fodder shown previously finally became ^_^)

Now the hunt starts for the low vis 1/60 decals, especially the grey UN Spacy kites!

where the hell can i find them? i know i know... the sticker sheet of the VT-1... OMG help me XD

Picture052-7.jpg

Brilliant Honkhet, really nice scheme! :)

thanks for the comments guys!

i'm glad it looked good to you all :D

hi logos, i didnt fog the canopy on purpose actually

it has been like so since it was brand new :)

Ah! I have a similar problem except in reverse. You can't even see the tint on my VF-1D. Looks like that coating gets F***ed up sometimes. Oh well your repaint is still cool.

Finally gotten my hands on the TV style super packs for my VF-1 CF's and I am glad Yamato decided to have them separatly from the DYRL. LAst time they had a CF and tv style fast packs was when they released htem as a combo for the 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru and the VF-1A CF came later but not a comb like the Hikaru, which is why my 1/48 VF-1A CF had DYRL packs on instead of the TV version, but know I got them for my 1/60 CF and I am glad they did. However, the should have taken notice that the RMS-1 Missiles atleast the tips are red and not DYRL yellow. Wonder if I can paint the red, any suggustions on what paint product to use to customize my missiles. :D

100_2265.jpg

100_2267.jpg

100_2268.jpg

100_2269.jpg

100_2270.jpg

100_2271.jpg

100_2273.jpg

100_2274.jpg

100_2275.jpg