DX EX-Gear Toy Thread

edwin3060

But I dont get why people think this is a good price. I dont know the scale but comparing it to the megahouse ride armor sets this seems to be about the same amount of detail but more expensive. I like the sculpt and gimmick but I cant afford this hobby. I guess I should be careful what I ask for!

Yeah it is kind of pricey. The Saint Cloth Myth figures, probably came from the same team in Bandai, are in general cheaper and come with die-cast metal armours. If you include the Appendix accessary pack then they are about the same price.

I guess most here have gotten used to high price with anything Macross.

I want it. I don't care how gay my friends will call me for having a pretty boy figure.

Easily fixed by telling them the figure is a girl. :lol:

armor plus ex-gear saotome alto release in september , price 7500 yens

20090602_7592833d900c876143e0mOPUn7Ji826m.jpg

COOL! B)) ... bit pricey for me, but w/ all the gimmicks + the stand, i am very tempted.

wonder how many will buy multiples of this to display in diff. configurations... :rolleyes:

Edited by m0n5t3r

Does anyone know the height, scale or size of this thing?

The photo that CF18 posted shows a poster board in the background with the words "S.H. Figuarts". Which would mean a figure around 15cm in height.

Edited by Vifam7

Will wait for the actual thing to hit the streets to make a final decision B))

meanwhile, since I've never been too much into figures, let alone Saint Seya (spelling?) stuff, how does the articulation on these toys fare compared to, let's say revoltech? I am sorry if this is a strange question. pictures of articulation (dare I say inner workings?) would also be very very welcome.

SaintSeiya bodies has a lot of articulations, about +30! :wub: but armor parts limits a lot of poseability.

Check this CollectionDX review of Dragon Siryu & Pegasus Seiya MythCloth:

http://www.collectiondx.com/review/2006/dr...u_final_version

http://www.collectiondx.com/review/2005/pe...a_final_version

Edited by alfye

Thanks a bunch alfye for pointing me to the CollectionDX reviews. I should've thought about that before! :p

Seems the EXgears owe a lot of R&D to this figure collection, even the "transformation" into cockpit configuration is similar to the feature of the cloth transforming into small statues! that's so neat!

AMAZING! The headsculpt is spot-on to the anime, to boot! I will buy ALL of these! Here's hoping for Ozma, Michael, Luca... hell, even a Sheryl!

Especially a sheryl! If I could have one it would be Sheryl!

Yeah that just sold it for me. Preordered it from Hobby search. Overdrive has it too and they say it will come out in late August while Hobby Search says late September.

Edited by logos