Yamato stands

EXO

thanks cent!

so only the vf-0S + ghost combo does not droop,

as the vf-0A shin is the one pictured, right?

Most of the version 1's of the VF-0 line has that issue. I think some of the VF-0As had it too. All of the VF-0S V.1 has that problem.

Its to do with the gap between the intakes and the body of the plane that leads to a drooping fuselage when the nose section is not being directly held up.

Yea i think its the Shin that has the white stripe. And I think there may be others that do not droop either, but the chances are kinda 50/50. The reissued VF-0S + Ghost Booster had a second iteration too IIRC, which was V2.5, which supposedly solved the issues. You should really check the VF-0 thread XD

• 1 month later...

These stands are supposed to be strong enough for VF-1 1/60s right? Can they support them with super parts? EDIT: Never mind I'm an idiot I found the picks on the first page of this thread that showed it can......

I was thinking of buying 6 and set then up like in this pic (left side) but all in fighter mode except maybe 1 or 2:

post-9075-1239037067_thumb.jpg

Then I would set the arms at different elevations (start at the bottom going up and buy the time I complete the circle comback down and hit the bottom again).

EDIT: Anyone ever made an international order from Hobby search to NA? If so how much was shipping on your order and did you end up paying duty of any kind?

Edited by logos

Well I hope these are good cause I just broke down and ordered 6 from Hobby Search. Here's hoping I didn't just make a big mistake! :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

According to Yamato Website, scheduled to release this month.

I didn't know this stand can hold up VF-OS, YS-19 and VF-11B as well. :rolleyes:

Check it out.

for VF-OS

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/photogall...oto.php?glid=16

for YF-19

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/photogall...oto.php?glid=17

for VF-11B

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/photogall...oto.php?glid=18

• 2 weeks later...

Well I hope I am the only one who feels this way but these stands are absolute garbage. :angry: I just got my order from HLJ and I got 2 stands, the first one is holding my new Max 1S and it wil only hold the fighter mode when the the plane is lying flush against the stand otherwise the stand just spins the plane around and the peg just falls out of the elbow joint and Max is lying on the ground. The other stand didn't even make it that far. I put the connector for the VF-11 in the peg and then I slid the peg into the elbow joint and the joint just fell apart. The joint is 2 pieces of clear ratcheted plastic, the elbow base, a screw and a nut. I tried to put it back together but no deal. The Gundam stands work better and they're not even designed for the Valks.

I just got these stands today and it took me less than 5 minutes to realize these stands suck. I'm glad I only got two as I would be extremely pissed if I had wasted even more money on more.

The problem with these stands is that they are too loose. Yamato put some ratcheting in a couple joints (even those are barely enough to hold up the weight of a 19), but the rest rely on almost non-existent friction to stay up. The crucial elbow joint that is used in conjunction with VFs like the 19 and 11B is one of those joints. I popped on my 19 and 11B onto the two stands and they inevitably start to fall over and could damage the wings or something else when the joint swings to the side. In the 11's case, the connector peg is smaller than the slot in the elbow joint so it's really loose. If it flops over, it will also have the added feature of catapulting your expensive VF-11B to the ground since the peg fit is pretty bad. Luckily I was watching it and propped it back up before it could do so. I don't think I could trust these stands to display any of my valks. They're just too loose and unreliable.

I'd recommend just sticking with the flexi stands if anyone is wondering/on the fence about whether to get the Yamato stands or flexi display stands.

edit: added picture

post-10222-1241588291_thumb.jpg

The joints I have issue with in particular are the swivel I show along the green line and the swivel where the elbow joint connects into the stand shown along the blue line. They are both so loose that unless you display your valk at a nearly horizontal position, the weight could cause either or both of those swivel points to turn downwards and dump your valk on the shelf or the ground.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I think these stands are only good for GNUs and VF100s...

Otherwise, I doubt if they can withstand the weight.

It was the selling point for the old stands from Yamato - expensive, but they are sturdy and heavy enough to hold a 1/48 with FAST.

I think these stands are only good for GNUs and VF100s...

Otherwise, I doubt if they can withstand the weight.

It was the selling point for the old stands from Yamato - expensive, but they are sturdy and heavy enough to hold a 1/48 with FAST.

With a few minor tweaks to the stand, they could have made it pretty good for the 1/60 line, but some poor design choices make it unsuitable.

I did improve it a little by wrapping the elbow joint connection with scotch tape and sliding it back in. It helps for the relatively light weight VF-11, but the YF-19 and VF-0 are a no go as they are too heavy still. :(

With a few minor tweaks to the stand, they could have made it pretty good for the 1/60 line, but some poor design choices make it unsuitable.

I did improve it a little by wrapping the elbow joint connection with scotch tape and sliding it back in. It helps for the relatively light weight VF-11, but the YF-19 and VF-0 are a no go as they are too heavy still. :(

This is disappointing. I was looking forward to picking up several and possibly selling my launch arms to give my display more visibility.

I finally got the diffintive VF-11!! It's just soo beautiful! Here a few pics of it on an new Yamato stand with my VF-1's...not including the Roy 1S Strike which is on a Flexi display stand on a shelf not pictured I will say that I like the new Stands....they are not perfect by any means but they aren't as bad as I was expecting. Yes, the swivle part does suck, but honestly if you display your Valks in fighter mode like me, the swivle is pointless. The VF-11 works great on the new stand as you can see. I can make it Roll and pitch without any problems. The VF-1 series also doesn't seem to have any problems...however, when you add the Fast packs onto the VF-1's, it adds a substantial amount of weight and does reuduce the amount you can get the Valk to roll before gravity takes over and the friction can't hold it any more. The positions I have them in in these pctures are solid. I can bang on the table and they won't fall or tip over. Main problems I have with these new stands are that you can't extend the "arm" like on a Bandai action display base so your valks are pretty much going to all be level because there just isn't that much difference in height by moving the "arm" up or down. The swivle is pretty useless, but I think that is more of an issue for Battroid mode people so I can't really judge it and maybe it will work if you know what you are doing. For other Vlaks like the larger and heavier VF-0 or YF-19 series, you probably cant do much with them other then a slight bank or incline due to their size and weight. Lastly I HATE using the attachment peices. Now this is not the stands fault but the attachment peices really just take away the ability to just take the Valk off of the stand and just zoom them around, and I find getting the damn peice on the Valk (particularly on the VF-1 series) a royal Pain In the Ass!. So if I were to compair these new stands with a Flexi-display stand. I would have to say I like these stands better. The do give you the abilityl to dsplay the valks in a roll or climb without any issues wher a Flexi stand pretty much just need to be straight and level unless you buy multiple stands with different arm lengths. The Flexis do have the edge in playability( no attachment peice required) and the base foot print is smaller. As it is I'll be buying a few more of these stands for my Roy 1S , Max 1A, and for any other future VF-11 or VF-1 I may buy. Hope this helps you guys.

Chris

post-265-1241714500_thumb.jpg

post-265-1241714515_thumb.jpg

post-265-1241714533_thumb.jpg

post-265-1241714549_thumb.jpg

post-265-1241714570_thumb.jpg

post-265-1241714586_thumb.jpg

post-265-1241714612_thumb.jpg

I tried, but it doesn't seem like there is enough wing clearance to allow it...at least not realistically. The fighters would be pretty much on top of one another.

Chris

How the heck did you get them to stay in place with any sort of tilt at all?

The way you have your Max 1S, 1J and 11B would have caused my stands to flop over immediately.

For the past two nights, I've tried to have my 11 on the stand in fighter mode with no tilt or incline. Each morning, I find it the stand flopped over with my 11 upside down. From what I can discern, the elbow piece slowly tilts one way or the other through the course of the night until it reaches the point where it just falls over. Both stands are equally floppy. I want to just run these stands over with my car and be done with it. I've gotten to hate these stands a lot!

Received my 2 transparent stands yesty & tried it out on my 1J Hikky.

Glad it can hold the battroid mode for some poses. Can't get the wings to close back fully though becos of the adaptor behind.

RIMG0930.jpg

Dun forget to wave, Hikky!

RIMG0931.jpg

Managed to hold the heavier YF-19 slightly tilted but i wouldn't hold it that way for the whole day. As some folks pointed out, recommended to pose it straight horizontal.

RIMG0934.jpg

Edited by Javabean

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Yamato stands this week and I have to say that I rather like them actually. They do have those problems at the swivel points, but they aren't too bad. I think I can gunk them up enough with nail polish or something to make them stiffer. For the price it's not bad considering they come with attachments for any Yamato toy. They aren't as flexiable as the flexistands (or as cheap after shipping) in someways but as you see in the pics below they have some other advantages like connecting them together. I think I will buy 2 more latter on just so I can finish off the Hexagon. I don't know how I will fit more valks in it but I'll find a way I think.

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg