Yamato stands

EXO

Lastly I HATE using the attachment peices. Now this is not the stands fault but the attachment peices really just take away the ability to just take the Valk off of the stand and just zoom them around, and I find getting the damn peice on the Valk (particularly on the VF-1 series) a royal Pain In the Ass!.

Chris

I totally agree. I prefer the bandai stands that I just mod for my own suit for displaying valks...

post-151-1243457063_thumb.jpgpost-151-1243457075_thumb.jpg

hey logos, you got your valks at your office??????????

I've actually had to migrate some of my Valks to my office at work because I am running out of space here at home. But my office has a door and I lock it up before I leave for work each day.

Hrmm very tempted to get some!

Nice stands and valks logos . . . however I couldnt but help notice your cubicle-neighbor has an 'Old Fart' sign or plaque up lol! :D

That's the "old fart" that's into WWII planes and threatens to see if my valks would actually fly one day. :lol: Seriously though other than the odd prank that attempts to hide one or 2 of them on me I don't work in a really big office (25 people max) so it's not really a problem having them here. My boss hasn't said anything yet..... :ph34r:

Here are some more pics I took. You could use some of the other pieces in the kit to attach valks like I did here but it's a little sketchy.

post-9075-1243532856_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243532888_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243532911_thumb.jpg

I was able to get some decent tilting but if you go to far it dumps it on its back. One thing I really wish the attachments had was a little nub in the reciever like the original dispaly stands to help keep the to pieces attached to each other at extreme angles to the left and right.

post-9075-1243533064_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243533083_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243533106_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1243533183_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243533200_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243533219_thumb.jpg

And some final picks of the assembled stands.

post-9075-1243533296_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243533320_thumb.jpg

Final thoughts.

These stands are fine for your valks but they need a little bit of modification. They really need some nail polish or a dry coat of glue to tighten them up a bit in the rotating 2 joints since they decided not to make them clicky. Also try to limite rotation to forward/backward, if you start rotating them side to side it can get a little hairy. My only real miff with these stands is the lack of a nub on the L bracket connection piece to attach to the existing Valk stand attachements. It'd help to prevent the valk from fly out of the stand if they tipped, which I discovered with my VF-11. It took a 2 foot fall to my desk when I was lifting the stand out and it tipped sideways..... :ph34r: .....it was fine.... :ph34r: ..... :unsure: .

In the end I am fine with my purchases and like I said before I will probably buy 2 more to complete the hexagon. Are they as good as a flexistand....no but the flexistand has problems if you get to extreme with them as well. The great thing about these stands is that they have just enough articulation to make them space savers for you valks.

Edited by logos

Does the new stand holds the old version 1 1/60 VF-1?

And does anyone has the picture of the Box? The sales personel in my local shop usually don't know much about Yamato and Macross.

Here are some pics of the box

post-9075-1243533468_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1243533498_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Got 1 of the new clear stands a couple of weeks ago, and was somewhat underwhelmed.

I've only briefly tested it with the new 1/60 VF-11B in fighter mode so far, but was quite disappointed.

As others have mentioned, the friction fit of the connector is insufficient to hold the figure against gravity at any but the most shallow angles.

I imagine this stand will work much better with smaller, lighter toys such as the Mac Plus GNUs or the Bandai VF100's line.

For the moment, the stand is back in it's box until I have the mood and patience to mess around with it again.

Graham

was planning to get one of the clear ones and even a blue one when it's released, but now i think i'll stick w/ my Bandai Action Base 1 stands and flexys... the bandai stand is pretty good for b-mode aerial poses w/out having to leave the wings open. Flexys are, of course, the best for f-mode...

Edited by m0n5t3r

was planning to get one of the clear ones and even a blue one when it's released, but now i think i'll stick w/ my Bandai Action Base 1 stands and flexys... the bandai stand is pretty good for b-mode aerial poses w/out having to leave the wings open. Flexys are, of course, the best for f-mode...

Look at the pictures posted above your reply. It appears the wings can be closed in battroid with the new stands... :huh:

Look at the pictures posted above your reply. It appears the wings can be closed in battroid with the new stands... :huh:

the 1st pic has the wings closed or almost closed coz the swing bar is disconnected to the backplate.

the 2nd pic w/ the swing bar connected properly, the wings are partially open coz the stand adapter is in the way...

Edited by m0n5t3r

the 1st pic has the wings closed or almost closed coz the swing bar is disconnected to the backplate.

the 2nd pic w/ the swing bar connected properly, the wings are partially open coz the stand adapter is in the way...

Ahhh!! Good catch! I can see now that the backplate is gaping from the chest.

Well I sent an e-mail to HLJ about my craptacular experience with my stand, mainly the elbow joint just fell apart, and I was shocked when they said they are sending me a new elbow joint, I am amazed that HLJ and Yamato are cool enough to actualy care B))

Yeah the friction joints suck and have to be messed with that's 1 of the 2 biggest problem with these. The other is the lack of the nub I mentioned. If it tips over your valk is going to flying somewhere because there is nothing to keep the tab connected to the stand unlike the original valk stand pictured here.

post-9075-1243606896_thumb.jpg

As to the wing closure it's the adapter piece that comes with the valk that prevents the wings from closing not the stand itself (unless it gets in the way because of the pose that you picked).

post-9075-1243607258_thumb.jpg

FYI the yamato adapter piece dose not appear to hinder hip movement much if at all.

post-9075-1243609552_thumb.jpgpost-9075-1243609573_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Overall I'm disappointed with this stands. Can't hold any of the 1/60 fighter mode secure enough. In battroid mode, the wings can't close down if i want to. But the upcoming Fan Racer will definately find good use of it.

Edited by Javabean

Well I did it. I gummed up the stands using 2 coats of Tamiya Plastic cement. I applied coats to all 5 pieces and allowed them to dry and then tightened everything back up. Note DO NOT APPLY GLUE TO the "gear" wheels on the stand (the only parts the click) apply it to the lower section of those two pieceswhere it connects to the stand. They are fine if you tighten the screw up a bit. Also make sure to work them around a bit once when you assemble them and then again 10-15 minutes latter. Just in case you got a little impatient and didn't quite wait for the glue to dry. EDIT: changed the pic. to show where you should apply a coat of glue or nail polish.

post-9075-1243956236_thumb.jpg

Here are the results:

post-9075-1243955045_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243955070_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243955103_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243955126_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243955159_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243955180_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243955213_thumb.jpg

Not bad if I don't say so myself. There is still the problem of not having the nub, like the previous Yamato stand. but they hold those poses allot better now and it just took a little bit of work. Note that I tried adding some glue here as well to the slot but it only helped on some of the newer connecting pieces. Like those that came with the VF-1 1/60.

Note that you will get a bit of a residue problem and it will fog the parts where you apply the glue but that is a problem that I can live with cause now they really are a friction fit.

post-9075-1243955336_thumb.jpg post-9075-1243955373_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Resetup my stand and it now looks like this.

They are at least as good as my flexis now.

Yep I definitely like these stands better now with a little tinkering.

They look awesome!

I'm still puzzled. Like many of people here complains about loose stand, how did u manage to make such poses in your pictures? What do u mean by "a little tinkering"? I only display my valks in Fighter mode, so I would definitely like to get a number of them if they could pose like what u did in your pictures. B))

Edited by Repiv_Onex

They look awesome!

I'm still puzzled. Like many of people here complains about loose stand, how did u manage to make such poses in your pictures? What do u mean by "a little tinkering"? I only display my valks in Fighter mode, so I would definitely like to get a number of them if they could pose like what u did in your pictures. B))

Yep out of the box they kind of suck. Apply a couple of layers of plastic cement or nail polish like I showed in the above post and those friction joints get really nice and tight. After doing that it is starting to get close to being as good as the original Yamato stand......well maybe not close but it is allot better than it was.

Edited by logos

If you don't want the parts fogging up, you can use Microscale's Micro Kristal Klear as an alternative. As a liquid, it's milky white, but when it dries, it becomes, as its name implies, crystal clear and you can hardly see that anything was put on the parts. This stuff is also used as a glue, so make sure it's completely dry and non-sticky before putting everything together.

Nice photos there, logos. Though i'm abit apprehensive of putting them that high up and the possibility of the glue breaking one fine day and the valks coming toppling down.

I hope yamato comes up with a version 2 of the stand. I'm not gonna shell out money for a defective product.

They are fairly cheap though so if you need a couple of stands it's not a horrible buy as long as your willing to to tinker with them a bit. I also like the fact that you can join the bases and if I ever wanted to pick up some GNUs these are the perfect stands for them. When these come on sale somewhere I will be picking some more up to tinker with.

It's just to bad that Yamato screwed this stand up. All they needed was clicky joints in 2 places and they would be almost perfect. Would have been worth a couple extra bucks per stand too..........oh well a little tinkering and they met my needs anyways. ^_^