New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

Was able to watch the movies, finally. The game looks GREAT. But what I've been whining about ever since, regarding this game, is that I don't see a COCKPIT VIEW, and its looks like there really won't be.

Great frame rate. Great graphics. Great selection of Valks and SDF Arms. But no Cockpit View. AM2 brought us the "Aero" series with cockpit view. I'm a little dissapointed that this one doesn't have it. :(

Wow, everything shown so far looks great. The only thing that worries me is the low number of stages (8!). Hopefully, each stage will actually be divided into several sub-stages/missions.

I'm still hoping for a versus mode, a survival mode and a player controlable mission generator.

Graham

Well I know someone on this post said that there is only 8 stages, but if you watch the 22mb vid that was posted on this trend. You will see as the Dyrl music kicks in and before they show the sdf-1 you will see a menu, and it says stage 12. Then as you watch vid more you see a another menu and says stage 8. So this almost confirms that there is more then 8 stages. So, I think that there is only 8 story stages and maybe more extra stages that you can play that do not tie in with story mode. Like Isamu/guld, Max/Mila, and the Movie ending. Well that is my 2 cents.

Advantage of having a Japan PS2 is that you'll also be able to play older import PSX games like VFX-2 with smoother graphics. Disadavantage: about $300 less cash in your pocket. ;)

How much do PS2s go for now in Japan? The only PS2 games I actually care about I might as well import, so I'm definately thinking of going the Japanese PS2 route.

I haven't seen any import PS2 for sale new that wasn't close to almost $300...not sure what the retail price is in Japan now.

I counted 18 slots for choosing for fighter in that preview video...and that page listed 15, so...what could the last 3 be? ;)

Oh, and I found these too :) :

macross_ps2_poster1.jpg

macross_ps2_omake2_big.jpg

macross_ps2_gamemain.gif

Edited by Gaijin

Advantage of having a Japan PS2 is that you'll also be able to play older import PSX games like VFX-2 with smoother graphics.  Disadavantage: about $300 less cash in your pocket.  ;)

How much do PS2s go for now in Japan? The only PS2 games I actually care about I might as well import, so I'm definately thinking of going the Japanese PS2 route.

If you guys are looking for Japanese PS2 you`d better check this site

Wow, everything shown so far looks great. The only thing that worries me is the low number of stages (8!). Hopefully, each stage will actually be divided into several sub-stages/missions.

I'm still hoping for a versus mode, a survival mode and a player controlable mission generator.

Graham

Guys , I don't know what you're worring about , as long as there's a vs mode then this game will have virtually endless replayability , I mean , MP:GE had very short stages/missions but even with that in mind the VS mode was beautiful (shame you had to shoose between fighter/battroid stages though).

If Tekkaman is right and there's 12 stages then we can be happy , why am I saying this ? well , think about it , the game seems to be divided into DYRL and SDF storylines , so if each one of them features 12 or 8 stages then that means we are getting 16-24 stages in reality.

Of course this is just speculation but regardless of the number of stages this game seems to have , the fact that we're getting a decent Macross game at last is good enough for me.

I agree with Graham , I would be really happy if we get a Vs mode as well as a survival mode , I'm not sure if we're gonna get a player controlable mission generator mode though.

I wonder if changing the arms will also change the way the characters look and the Bodolza fortress design. :huh:

As for the versus mode, its nice all, but lets hope its not "player vs player over generic back ground", lets hope you actually add something like destructable stuff, such as capital ships and or buildings, to make the arena more entertaining. And lets hope they don't forget to add enemy mechas. If at the end of the day you can't fight a blue 1A/S with a red/green Qrau in versus mode.... you know theres something missing in the game. :lol:

Edited by Abombz!!

I wonder if changing the arms will also change the way the characters look and the Bodolza fortress design. :huh:

As for the versus mode, its nice all, but lets hope its not "player vs player over generic back ground", lets hope you actually add something like destructable stuff, such as capital ships and or buildings, to make the arena more entertaining. And lets hope they don't forget to add enemy mechas. If at the end of the day you can't fight a blue 1A/S with a red/green Qrau in versus mode.... you know theres something missing in the game. :lol:

Well , there's no way the new characters will change in appearance if you choose different story modes ;) ; Seriously though , if BW and SK want to have a slim chance of exporting this to other countries then I would assume they are gonna stick to DYRL designs (you know , Tatsunoko has the rights to the animation so they can't use stills from SDF Macross hence they are using DYRL stills).

I'm hoping they add interactive backgrounds in the normal missions as well

as the Vs mode , having a decent developer backing up this project makes me belive we'll have something worth playing this time around ; hopefully they have detected the flaws that made the past games so ...well..crap (VF-X2 and MP:GE being the exception ).

If they include a survival mode I would gladly try out the YF-21 against a fleet of Zentrans :lol:

I know what you mean. But still, some of the SDF plot devices have to be there. If you chose the SDF set up and still get giant Max and Millia in the end it won't really make much sense to have that option in the first place.

It would be nice to get to see Millia wearing the DYRL UN Spacy flight suit. :)

In the video, there was both the TV and DYRL versions of Bodolza's fortress. ;)

So wait... you get 2 versions of Bodolza? Does the same applies to the other Zentradis? :huh:

Does that mean that choosing either arm will give you radically different missions? What about UN Spacy pilots? Do they look any different? Or do they still wear DYRL swag by default? :huh:

This sooooo confusing!! :o

In the video, there was both the TV and DYRL versions of Bodolza's fortress. ;)

So wait... you get 2 versions of Bodolza? Does the same applies to the other Zentradis? :huh:

Does that mean that choosing either arm will give you radically different missions? What about UN Spacy pilots? Do they look any different? Or do they still wear DYRL swag by default? :huh:

This sooooo confusing!! :o

Oh. I thought by now someone would have addressed this by now.

Apparently, you get to play through both DYRL and SDF-1 TV scenarios. I'm gonna grab that video one more time and watch it again...

Has it actually been confirmed that the game features a versus mode?

We've been talking about it, but I don't recall seeing anything official yet.

Graham

I dunno. I watched through the little mpeg thing, and at the end it only says 1 player.

Oh, and the part where they select the Love Drifts Away stage (TV battle against bodolza's little asteroid base), it says stage 13.

Here is the complete box art of the game :o

I found it in Yahoo Japan.

What's with the huge SAMPLE font on the front cover? Does that mean it's not the finalized cover art? Personally......they could do a LOT better than that. :ph34r: (I was talking about the front....not the back)

Here is the complete box art of the game  :o

I found it in Yahoo Japan.

What's with the huge SAMPLE font on the front cover? Does that mean it's not the finalized cover art? Personally......they could do a LOT better than that. :ph34r: (I was talking about the front....not the back)

Yeah, I'm guessing that the cover design isn't finalized yet.

Man... cover print is too small to read the player number...

As for DYRL vs. SDF, I expect to see them do some kind of branching storyline depending on your choices. The lines would come back together on some levels, but stay separate on others. Cue cheap "reply value" music. The package reads "Stages Synchronized from the TV and movie episodes." Not that that really gets us any further, but I'd take it to mean blended. I can't see them changing the flightsuits between story modes... but who knows.

Also, here's one more cool shot from Amazon Japan, this time it's the pin-point barriers.

post-25-1066133938.jpg

Has anybody considered contacting Bandai US to see if there's even a remote chance we'll get a North American release of this? I mean, it's not like we've gotten a definitive answer on who owns what rights. I'd hate to go to the trouble of modding a PS2 only to have a domestic release sneak out afterwards. :rolleyes:

Exactly. Even though I think this game has the slightest chance of making it abroad. I don't wanna spend an extra $40 for the slide card, this is probably gonna be the only imported game I'll pick up. :ph34r:

I guess there's a chance for everything... but it's just slimmer because of all the copyright issues.

I was actually quite surprised that there is an English version of the Gundam: Road to Jaburo game for the PS2... but then I heard it's pretty difficult to find now (didn't make that many?)

But anyways, this is definitely going to be a great game. BTW, yeah looking at the game cover/back and stuff, it did seem to say it's 1 player only.

My bro kept an eye out for me, and he gave me this link w/ footage from TGS! 71MB MPG

SDF Macross PS2

The site seems swamped though....

-vfxraven19-

I still haven't been able to see this video! The link will not work for me! :angry: Where else may I be able to watch this video! I'm just dying to see it!!!

Has anybody considered contacting Bandai US to see if there's even a remote chance we'll get a North American release of this? I mean, it's not like we've gotten a definitive answer on who owns what rights. I'd hate to go to the trouble of modding a PS2 only to have a domestic release sneak out afterwards. :rolleyes:

The thing is, it's Bandai for crying out loud. The smartest thing they did is remove themselves from this project as much as possible. Maybe if someone would put up a well-maintained petition aka the Earthbound game petitions, it might make them take notice. But if it's not Gundam, the chances are slim. :angry: