New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

I sure hope the evil HG has nothing to do with it's staying in Japan. I tired of missing out on all the Macross stuff over there. Not all of us can afford import fees and modding costs ya' know? (but I'll find a way, maybe sell the shirt off my back... :( )

I know. But my complaint was that BW and Bandai took the middle of the road.... leaning towards DYRL in one instance or leaning towards SDF in another. All I want I for them to make the game with all designs DYRL style... not mixed DYRL and SDF.

Look at a sequence someone posted.... it has Max TV fighting Millia DYRL with DYRL SDF1 with SDF arms sitting on SDF Earth. :blink:

I guess I know what you mean. Well, actually I kind of like the mix, primarily because I really like the TV Max-1A, and consider it integral in bringing back some of the TV fight scenes... but it being mixed with the Red Millia is just wacky. I guess they tried to bring the best elements of both, retaining TV elements when appropriate or noteworthy and important to the scene (Max 1A, carrier arms)... and giving it a shot of DYRL (the actual model of the Valk/SDF-1).

Not that bad of a choice... But at the very least, I would have expected some consistency *within* a particular scene. You know, like have Millia actually be green. There's lots of ways to do hybrids of both series for something that's still convincing. Of course there are ways to screw it up.

-Al

I was thinking about it.... maybe its a versus mode? Perhaps the versus mode in this game you get to chose the arena and the colors for your mecha. :)

Did anyone else cry when they saw this shot? Look at the detail!! its indeed DYRL SDF 1!! :o

I cried, but for good reasons!

I personally think that directly mixing DYRL with the TV Series is an extreme hit or miss concept.

Either it's going to screw everything up and hurt Macross, or it's going to be The Bomb and help.

I'm thinking with the obvious inclusion of some of the best that both versions of Space War 1 have to offer that this version could very well be the definitive version of Space War 1.

It could also be a shrewd and bold attempt to establish BigWest's control of the Macross franchise outside of Japan.

It is believed by some that Tatsunoko's rights only include the physical animation, but not the storyline itself. Hence, BigWest might be keeping the basic storyline intact but using what are obviously DYRL-established designs. Designs which ostensibly cannot be claimed in any way, shape or form by HG or, to a lesser extent, Tatsunoko. If you'll notice, the sequence of Max vs. Millia does include Max in his TV VF-1A colors, but the Valk itself looks to be of the DYRL persuasion.

You know what'd be nice?

If you can stand on the Prometheus' deck and look into the SDF-1 via that huge "picture window" as seen in the beginning of DYRL. :D

You never know... they might have added that. Maybe you can even shoot at the viewport and watch it vent hundreds of tiny little ppl screaming at their certain deaths. :lol:

You know what'd be nice?

If you can stand on the Prometheus' deck and look into the SDF-1 via that huge "picture window" as seen in the beginning of DYRL.  :D

You never know... they might have added that. Maybe you can even shoot at the viewport and watch it vent hundreds of tiny little ppl screaming at their certain deaths. :lol:

You're terrible!!! :lol:

sort of late in the game on this one folks, so bear with me...thanks to Graham for pointing me in the right direction after making an ass of meself on another topic.

Anyway, right to the point: where to get a copy of the game stateside once this superstar gets out? Any suggestions to on-line importers?

Saw that lik-sang.com has it on pre-order status for 60 US bills. After getting a swap disc to play this one on my PS2 I'll be, yeah, 100 bills in the hole.

the CFO (aka wife/accountant) is gonna clobber me for this one...

sort of late in the game on this one folks, so bear with me...thanks to Graham for pointing me in the right direction after making an ass of meself on another topic.

Anyway, right to the point: where to get a copy of the game stateside once this superstar gets out? Any suggestions to on-line importers?

Saw that lik-sang.com has it on pre-order status for 60 US bills. After getting a swap disc to play this one on my PS2 I'll be, yeah, 100 bills in the hole.

the CFO (aka wife/accountant) is gonna clobber me for this one...

You are out of luck. Import games are expensive no matter were you look. :(

$60 is a good price for an import PS2 game that is new. I forsee lots of US PS2's using swap discs and mod chips in October/November once this game is released.

Anyone see that mod for the PS2 where you have a new cover to put on and ther's a flip top lid over the disc drive? I may go that route, or the slide card way. Still undecided. I should just buy an import PS2, but this is certainly a cheaper way to go.

The slide card works without having to install any chip. All you have to do is remove the tray door in order to have a little card that "slides" open the tray so you can swap discs. I haven't actually seen it in use but it seems like a good idea for those who don't want to solder. The tray door can be put back and you don't have to open up the casing of the unit, another plus for those that feel uncomfortable doing so.

I gots me a question:

What's the difference and/or benefits over using the Slidecard and Swap Magic disk system vs. the Swap Magic disk and No Solder Mod Chip system?

Is one basically cheaper than the other?

Yes. One has a card you use to open the tray...the other has you installing a chip. The Slide card method is the only way I have heard of that allows you to play imports without opening the PS2 up.

There is also this way too:

Flip Top Case

I went with the slide card...$29 and nothing more than taking off the tray door which can be replaced as normal and no one would be the wiser.

Macross PS2, I'm ready for you! :D

Edited by Gaijin

The more and more I see pics and videos of this game...and picturing playing this game with authentic sounds, and Dogfighter playing the background...can't help but jizz all over the place :lol:

The more and more I see pics and videos of this game...and picturing playing this game with authentic sounds, and Dogfighter playing the background...can't help but jizz all over the place :lol:

Remind me to bring my own controllers if you ever invite me over to play.

The more and more I see pics and videos of this game...and picturing playing this game with authentic sounds, and Dogfighter playing the background...can't help but jizz all over the place  :lol:

Remind me to bring my own controllers if you ever invite me over to play.

Lol, sure thing. :D

LOL...Oihan....you have some issues....but at least this particular issue is funnier than hell to read. I hope that if you live with someone, they don't mind paddling around in it after you are done. Most people take issue with stuff like that.....but thanks for sharing! Bye Bye for now!

Larry