New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

Finally got to watch the Ruliweb movie and the game looks great. I love that in fighter mode, they have the feet moviing for thrust vectoring and also that they show the FAST pack veriers and wing-tip roll thrusters working as well. Fantastic!

Graham

That page translated by babelfish:

PlayStation2 edition super spatial-temporal fortress ????

- Temporary link collection -

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ PS2 edition ????-related information ]

PS2 edition ???? official sight

Http: //www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/macross/ (game introduction * animated picture (main point WindowsMediaPlayer))

Main sale of ???? capture (Kadokawa Publishing Co., Ltd. October 30th of 2003 sale schedule)

Http: //shopping.yahoo.co.jp/shop? D=jb & id=r0015180

Http: //www.kadokawa.co.jp/comic/bk_search.php? Pcd=200308000202

Introduction article / picture

Http: //www.zdnet.co.jp/games/tgs/2003/screen/ps2/macross/index.html (TOKYO GAME SHOW2003)

Http: //www.ktv.ne.jp/ - takara/cs_ps2-macross.htm

Http: //segadirect.jp/Catalog/CustomPages/CustomDetail1.aspx? SKU=0101012-00180 & File=macross_ps2.htm (photograph and the like of reversible poster)

Http: //www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030902/sega39.htm (to sale day October 23rd modification)

Http: //www.zdnet.co.jp/games/gsnews/0307/18/news16.html

Http: //watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20030718/bandai.htm

Http: //eg.nttpub.co.jp/news/20030731_01.html

Http: The //www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/choujikuuyousaimacross/index.html (there is no picture)

Http: The //www.globetown.net/ - the picard/ (there is an animated picture)

Http: //www.polygonmag.com/ftp/media/cosm3.jpg

Http: //www.polygonmag.com/ftp/media/cosm6.jpg

Http: //www.polygonmag.com/ftp/media/cosm7.jpg

Inside 2ch, PS2 edition ??????

Http: //game4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1062075316/l50

Http: //game4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1060175464/ (DAT falling)

Http: //game4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/famicom/1058506395/ (DAT falling)

The TOKYO GAME SHOW 2003 (there is the Bandai exhibition)

Http: //tgs.cesa.or.jp/

------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ From rumor / magazine ]

Below, from 2ch ?? ??? + alpha

* Sale day * benefit

Price 6800 Yen (classified by tax)

Sale October 23rd of 2003 (at the beginning it was October 30th, but one week it was quickly modified)

Reversible poster (inside and outside both poster) attachment (only reservation amount?

???????? 3 of ???? book lowering person

* Blues * ???? (man)

* Eddy * ????????? (man 19)

* Emma * Glen jar (woman 18 * controller)

* Stage constitution

The story of theater edition and TV edition it is

Stage 1 booby prize * trap

Stage 2 space * Ford

Stage 3 trance * formation

Stage 4 Daidalos * attack

Stage 5 bi- bi- * mars

Stage 6 mistake * ????

Stage 7 blind * game

Stage 8 love * remembering, it increases or, (theater edition mode?

* Active fuselage

VF-0 (S? D? Fuselage of ??????

Fuselage of SV-51 ?????? (counter integrated troop)

Fuselage of YF-19 ???????

Fuselage of YF-21 ???????

VF-1A (TV edition general soldier paint) * TV edition super Valkyrie

VF-1S (Fokker paint) * TV edition super Valkyrie * theater edition strike Valkyrie

VF-1J (TV edition Ichijo shine paint) * TV edition armor deval paulownia -

VF-1A (theater edition Ichijo shine paint) * theater edition super Valkyrie

VF-1S (theater edition Ichijo shine paint) * theater edition strike Valkyrie

VF-1? (Purple paint) * as for prayer in purple leader? Sensitivity

VF-1A (TV edition Kakizaki paint)

VF-1A (theater edition Kakizaki paint) * theater edition strike Valkyrie

VF-1D

VF-1J (???????) * TV edition super Valkyrie

The VT-1 (the ostrich) * equipment it is

Pretty interesting eh?

Holy crap! The Max and Millia dogfight from DYRL!!!!!! (using SDF: Macross mechs)

Selectable Fighters? What is all this about? Some of the screenshots featured ISAMU!

YF-19

YF-21

VF-0 PHOENIX

SV-51

B) :D:p:ph34r:

It was posted by the-magicbox.com.... they are usually trustworthy so I don't think we need to worry about how real it is. :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm not sure if I should take Famitsu's review with a grain of salt (magarita anyone).

I don't really care because it looks like a kick ass game.

Here are the latest Japanese game review scores:

PlayStation 2

Chain Dive (Sony) - 7, 6, 7, 6 (26 / 40)

Energy Air Force: Aim Strike (Taito) - 8, 8, 7, 6 (27 / 40)

Jurassic Park Management Simulation (Konami) - 8, 7, 7, 7 (30 / 40)

Macross: Super Dimension Fortress (Bandai) - 8, 7, 6, 7 (28 / 40)

Samurai Michi: Way of the Samurai 2 (Spike) - 8, 8, 7, 8 (31 / 40)

Shadow Tower Abyss (From Software) - 8, 8, 8, 8 (32 / 40)

It was posted by the-magicbox.com.... they are usually trustworthy so I don't think we need to worry about how real it is. :)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I'm not sure if I should take Famitsu's review with a grain of salt (magarita anyone).

PlayStation 2

Its up to you. I trust them, many games they said were, were in fact good, while games they rated low were bad. And like I said in my first post (if anyone else other then Graham cared to notice) 28 is not a bad grade at all. Very few games are rated above 30 on Famitsu, so 28 would be 7 to 7.5, which is a pretty damn good grade.

the movie links ain't workin :(

Paste the link into your browser and it should be ok. It's about 25 megs.

And WDC, I did change the Ruliweb video's extension file name...for some reason, when it trys to unstuff, it says the file is damaged...I tried downloading it 3 times before. :(

But that globetown video was enough for me...The VF-0, SV-51, YF-19, and YF-21 never looked so good! I am guessing that you can unlock them as you fifnish the game and replay them with those. I also noticed in that video that the Macross had ARMD-1's instead of the Daedalus and Prometheus in some shots. I especially liked the Battroid being able to "roll" on the ground like in the opening of the TV show. :)

Edited by Gaijin

the movie links ain't workin :(

Paste the link into your browser and it should be ok. It's about 25 megs.

And WDC, I did change the Ruliweb video's extension file name...for some reason, when it trys to unstuff, it says the file is damaged...I tried downloading it 3 times before. :(

But that globetown video was enough for me...The VF-0, SV-51, YF-19, and YF-21 never looked so good! I am guessing that you can unlock them as you fifnish the game and replay them with those. I also noticed in that video that the Macross had ARMD-1's instead of the Daedalus and Prometheus in some shots. I especially liked the Battroid being able to "roll" on the ground like in the opening of the TV show. :)

OK, that works! Thanks for the link!!!

There's a lot of cool cinematics shown. This game looks so kick ass!!!

post-6-1065902687_thumb.jpg

Oooook .... so , let me get this straight...you're telling me that you can actually unlock the VF-0 and the SV-51 , as well as the M+ valks in this game ?

ROCK ON BABY!!! this is so awesome I can't fricking believe my eyes :ph34r:

Man I can't stop drooling now :p

I'm so getting this game B)

I wasn't going to get excited about this game until you posted that info and pics about the unlockable M+ and M0 valks :rolleyes:

Edited by Aegis!

Maybe I'm pasting the wrong links but none of the movies seem to be working. Any hints would be appreciated

vinnie

PS: Sv-51 and VF-0 in space???

I would assume they are only available for atmospheric battles in vs mode (if there's any). But who cares man , you can fricking kick some Zentran butt with the SV-51 and the VF-0 !!! or even better , use the YF-21 (which ironically draws its design from the Q-rau design ) against a fleet of Zentradi ships :blink:

PlayStation 2

Its up to you. I trust them, many games they said were, were in fact good, while games they rated low were bad. And like I said in my first post (if anyone else other then Graham cared to notice) 28 is not a bad grade at all. Very few games are rated above 30 on Famitsu, so 28 would be 7 to 7.5, which is a pretty damn good grade.

I'm with Abombz about Famitsu, but I do have private reasons for that as well, so I don't know if my opinion should really count.

One thing to realize, and that they unfortunately don't tell you on the web page, is who exactly reviewed the title. You see, each of the reviewers in their pool has their own likes and dislikes. This is not a secret by any means though, as each of them has a bio blurb next to their picture that tells you about it. The problem is that, while they will match up someone who loves a genre with it's title, there are sometimes reviews by people who would never usually play that title. For example, either the President of the company or the Editor in Chief are always one of the four reviewers, and while they don't have an axe to grind with any specific genre, there are some that they will favor over others.

In short, Macross still got a very good rating, but it also would be helpful if they said who did the reviews. No promises, but I'll see if I can find an issue and find out for you guys. Again though, I think it's safe to say we have the best Macross game ever coming. :D:D:D

One more thing, in digging around for the offical review scores on Famitsu's site (because, if you noticed, the Magic Box can't add) I found this interesting page.

Now, Famitsu always knows more than than they tell, and they like to dribble it out bit by bit, but it looks like the players will get some influence over which story line the game follows. While the first two levels might be basicly the same, it looks like we'll get to pick if we want the TV ship combo or the Movie ARMD's for the Macross. Cool! B)

h-104_16996_macross.jpg.jpg

OMG this game looks incredible! I liked it looks before, but this movie with the DYRL music just brought it home.

And I'm LOVING that you can apparently use the VF-0, SV-51, YF-19, and ***YF-21*** in the game, even for a Versus mode (which would be more appropriate). It would be even better if there were other valkyries in there too... VF-19A/F/S, VF-22S, VF-11B/C, VF-17D/S just to make it complete... ;) Maybe this game IS what we've been waiting for. Now I wish Bandai would import (ram it down HG's throat if necessary). this game so i can know what the hell is going on and enjoy the story of the game, as well!

Nice.

One more thing, in digging around for the offical review scores on Famitsu's site (because, if you noticed, the Magic Box can't add) I found this interesting page.

Crawling around this site (and using babelfish) gave some interesting reads.

Particularly where it translates:

<<- The protagonist is inaugurated as the captain of the purple platoon! The protagonist character which becomes the offshoot of the prayer, as a 7th machine pilot of the terrestrial unified command skull battalion appearance to the game. When the game advances, it is assigned in the "purple platoon", becomes the captain.>>

I've left off the worst of the Babelfish Engrish... though a bit about the "aggressive controller Emma" has an interesting connotation to it...

Crawling around this site (and using babelfish) gave some interesting reads.

Particularly where it translates:

<<- The protagonist is inaugurated as the captain of the purple platoon! The protagonist character which becomes the offshoot of the prayer, as a 7th machine pilot of the terrestrial unified command skull battalion appearance to the game. When the game advances, it is assigned in the "purple platoon", becomes the captain.>>

I've left off the worst of the Babelfish Engrish... though a bit about the "aggressive controller Emma" has an interesting connotation to it...

Yeah, that's from here -> Famitsu

Basically, players will play along side Eddy "You-tea-lie-nen" (That's English phonetic on the last name as I have no idea what real world Finnish name they based it on) and Bruce "Luudel" (German this time :p )who, along with Emma Granger, the control tower operator in charge of your squad, and the squad itself will all be new characters.

You'll start as 007 in the Skull Squadron and then be promoted to commanding your own squad, "Purple Shotai" The last part notes that all the new characters were designed by none other than Haruhiko Mikimoto -- cool!

Here's a picture of Eddy and Emma from Bandai's site.

post-25-1065945368.jpg

** Disclaimer, I know jack about military regiment breakdowns, so here, the Japanese use "daitai" and "shotai" where the first is roughly equivalent to a battalion and the latter is close to a platoon if it were the army, but, like I said, I have no idea about naval terms. BTW the Skull is a Daitai, while the players group will be a shotai.

Edited by LePoseur

Jesus , this game has everything going for it :

- You start as part of the Skull Squadron

- You get to command your own squadron

- New characters by Mikimoto himself

- GBP God damn it !!!

- you can play with the VF-0 , SV-51 , YF-19 & YF-21

- Nice graphics

- You can actually choose between DYRL and the TV series !!!

we just have to wait to see how it actually plays :)

Jesus , this game has everything going for it :

- You start as part of the Skull Squadron

- You get to command your own squadron

- New characters by Mikimoto himself

- GBP God damn it !!!

- you can play with the VF-0 , SV-51 , YF-19 & YF-21

- Nice graphics

- You can actually choose between DYRL and the TV series !!!

we just have to wait to see how it actually plays :)

No need to wait and see.... as far as we can tell.... this plays nothing like BC and M3... which, in my opinion, is enough to make even non fans happy. :)

no VF-4!! *cries*......they put the -19 and the -21 in there, but how bout all the other valks missing in there???

Just because other valks aren't shown so far doesn't mean that they're not in the game.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Oh jesus , if they're gonna put unlockable valks from other series in this game then please please let us have a VF-5000 and a VF-11 ! and if the Vf-0 is there then let us have the D variant and the GBP-0 :lol:

This is nice and all... but am I the only one getting a SW:Rogue Leader vibe from it? As in.... fanboys heaven that last less then 1 hour.

I mean... looking at that jibberished text made me notice the fact that the game has only 8 levels. I know there are tons of unlockable fighters, but how long does it take to get through 8 levels in an action game? 1 hour? 45 minutes? Heck.... even Battlecry had more levels then that (provided they all felt the same).

I don't mean to sound like the negativity queen I always come off as..... but I'm worried about paying $68 for a game that has 3 hours worth of replayability. :(

I think the real question should be. How hard is it gonna be for us domestic (US) PS2 owners to import this game? Since there's a slim to none chance of this game ever hitting the shelves I guess we'll have to go though other means....... :(

I think the real question should be. How hard is it gonna be for us domestic (US) PS2 owners to import this game? Since there's a slim to none chance of this game ever hitting the shelves I guess we'll have to go though other means....... :(

Not hard at all. There are several importers that will most likely carry the game. All you have to do is find someone to install a mod chip for you, and that might be the tricky part. Its not cheap, but not really that hard. :)

Not hard at all. There are several importers that will most likely carry the game. All you have to do is find someone to install a mod chip for you, and that might be the tricky part. Its not cheap, but not really that hard. :)

You're right.....it should be easy to import the games.

But I'm still kind of iffy about installing a mod chip in my PS2. I don't plan on purchasing many imported games (this may be my only one) so are there any other (and safer) alternatives to a mod chip? :ph34r:

I just saw the video, and OMG!! You can choose between the DYRL or tv graphics-wise? You can pick which SDF macross, Bodolza fortress, valk etc you want in the level? This is perfect! Looks like my import Saturn DYRL will bow down to this beauty. Oh the change in Macross goods that has aken place in the past few years. In high school, there was nothing available except for a few fansub vhs tapes. Now, you can go to any mall in So Cal and buy a yamato 1/48 vf, or at least a chunky monkey or 1/60 yammie. Praise the Macross gods, I am saved!