New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

anybody know where one can get a slide card? (one for under $40.00 hopefully w/shipping)

This is where I got mine from (and the total was just under $40.00). :ph34r:

http://www.tisinc99.com/ps2maslbdisl.html

Thanks for the link. Since you've had previous experiences with these guys, I went ahead and ordered my Slide Card through them.

Hopefully I'll be set to play some Macross goodness within the next two weeks. B))

Anyone notice that the scale of the SDF-1 seems to be a little off. Isnt it a little small compared to the vf-1?? just a nitpick, just wondering if anyone noticed.

I have had the game for three days now, picked it up on thursday on the way home. Its really great! but a little short i think.....

Also anyone know how to do a roll or any other maneuvers? My girlfriend tried explaining it to me from the instructions but...... i still cant do it... :(

Oh yeah this is my first post. Hi!

Download the game and if you don't like it, break the copy and throw it away.

And if you broke the copy you burned you can pat yourself on the back. If you didn't you're obviously exaggerating its lack of worth because you want to keep it around for a reason.

In six-month's time I can almost guarantee you guys can pick up that title new for under $20.

You pretty much never see imports for under $20 unless an importer is very overstocked.

I know all of you guys have ethics but it seems like you miss out on the fact that if you buy an import title that is not for your specific region and play it you are technically violating international copyright law anyways.

Please, there's a world of difference between not touching a game/film so that the manufacturer can sell the rights to another region, and not touching a game/film which will never see an extra regional release simply because it says "For Japan Only" on the box. In any event, defying either of these rules does good things for Bandai/Big West/Sega, while pirating the game only saves you a buck as you selectively pick which laws you think are worth acknowledging and which aren't.

My info was aimed at the rest of the folks will bills to pay and girls to feed who may not wan't to blow $70 on another light-weight Macross gaming experience.

Then direct your "info" at those people rather than just delivering "a note" for everybody who "blew" $65-70 on the import. And as a note to you, if you're so busy racking up bills and feeding girls you shouldn't be worrying if the game only lasts you a week. Personally I barely ever play games nowadays and Macross sounds like it'll actually fit into that schedule. That's a good thing. Regardless, even games that entertain for a week don't vanish into thin air after you beat them. You can play them at a later date, especially if they let you relive a favorite show in an alternative form rather than spending 10+ hours watching the series in its entirety (another time premium). That's where those cinemas, visuals, and soundtrack you place little stock in come into play.

Sorry to ruin your day fanboys.

Having money isn't a crime and neither does it make you a fanboy. I'm sure we'd all appreciate a little less name calling. It just sounds like sour grapes. You're not the only person to ever pay for a girl's dinner, but you are the only one sitting in the piracy glass house throwing stones.

Get a slide card or mod your PS2 to play the new macross game and your entering the piracy realm yourselves. (Plus you're breaking your PS2)

Thanks for the info. Guess I go buy a flip top now. Unfortunately, I only have dial up internet. I have macross on order but my wife is going to kill me when she see's the bill. If you get it could I buy a copy from you?

Thanks again for the info. Gonna have to learn IRC soon.

This is one of MANY message I received from my first post. It would seem that at least some people would benefit for my knowledge.

Then direct your "info" at those people rather than just delivering "a note" for everybody who "blew" $65-70 on the import. And as a note to you, if you're so busy racking up bills and feeding girls you shouldn't be worrying if the game only lasts you a week. Personally I barely ever play games nowadays and Macross sounds like it'll actually fit into that schedule. That's a good thing. Regardless, even games that entertain for a week don't vanish into thin air after you beat them. You can play them at a later date, especially if they let you relive a favorite show in an alternative form rather than spending 10+ hours watching the series in its entirety (another time premium). That's where those cinemas, visuals, and soundtrack you place little stock in come into play.

Self-righteous, Sanctimonious, Fanboy A$$holes. (I'll never learn.)

Only a fanboy would dish out half-logic like this.

(Can't tell an idiot that they're being an idiot.)

I for one DON'T wan't the movie or TV series to be reprised in the video game. The other games out there alredy do that fine. How about something NEW instead of updated and polished?? How about making the title encompass more of the Macross world than just a flying around a few destroids. Why do we still not have a Zentradi-based campaign? Why can't we jump in a destroid and do battle? Variation of themes is what make a really great game.

Super Dimession Fortress Macross is essentially the same Valk sim we've been playing since vfx-1.

It's a solid effort for sure, but nowhere near in the realm of a great game.

Go ahead and buy the import, make the importer rich.

In six-month's time I can almost guarantee you guys can pick up that title new for under $20.

If all you ever do is look at importer's shops all you are ever going to get are import prices.

Normal department stores and retilers buy titles outright from their distributor.

There is only so much viable shelf space in the real world and when a title stops selling well stores start marking them down to make room for the newer games.

Due to the absence of a strong TV market for any Macross product both inside and outside of Japan at the moment, the success of this title will be based soley on it's gameability and not for the great lengths it will go to to jerk-off fanboys. (this game has none of the modern amenities that the big-time gamers dig, like online play and such. It is not that big of a game at all.)

From my years and years of doing this, I know Sega will try and mass-market this game in Asia so there will be a large # of copies prodiced.

If it doesn't do well there, we'll see it on clearance in the spring when the next wave of titles hits the shelves. Trouble with getting it on clearance then would be knowing soemone in the Asian marketplace to buy it on clearance and ship it to you. (If you know who the major Asian retailer are and can speak the language from time to time you can check the store's website and get the clearance price there.)

IF it does well there, it will come here. IF the game is released in the states, you can bet your sweet ass you'l be able to get it here for $10 or less eventually.

["battlecry" flopped in the U.S. because of a lack of a strong TV market and the majority of the fanbase for the original Macross series was a little too old for video games. (I'm not talking about obsessed fanboys, i'm talking about your average, conservative American that used to watch robotech cartoons and buy the stuff when he was a kid.)

{Some people also blame "Battlecry's" poor success on TDK's poor marketing and lame packaging of the product.}

Robotech Fans don't buy their kids robotech toys like star wars fans buy thier kids star wars toys and even with the genrational plug, Star wars toys aren't considered that cool by today's generation of kids. Macross will not do well anywhere unless word gets out that it is a really cool game and it COULD'VE been with a little more work.]

Hardcore gamer vs. Fanboy geek??

I'm not fighting this one anymore.

There are easier ways to get things done, bro.

Those of us that live in America are all gettting pirated in someway.

With most Americans having their $ stolen from them by their Gov't I was trying to provide a reasonalble soultion for people who wanted to play the game and see if it was good before they spent their dough on it SINCE YOU HAVE TO MOD YOUR PS2 AND VOID YOUR WARRANTY TO PLAY THIS GAME ANYWAYS!

(unless you're one of the dumb-dumbs silly enough to install a slide card. I laugh everytime someone asks me how to fix the DVD drive in their PS2 when the slide card wears out the motor)

Jack don't wan't no slack, jack don't get no slack.

THis is the LAST time I try to help out fanboys.

Edited by Big "O"

Is it illegal to buy the Japanese Macross game in the US? I mean, literally is it illegal? If not, then you are supporting Macross by buying it, and not doing anything illegal.

Now playing it on a modded PS2 or whatever, is that illegal, or does it just break some Sony rule? Someone call the police and find out.

Is it illegal to buy the Japanese Macross game in the US?  I mean, literally is it illegal?

Literally speaking, buying imports is not endorsed by the law. However, it's a grey area that US law enforcement does not bother with. Also, according to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, defeating copy and/or region protection on DVD's is illegal. Basically, if you use a slide card or mod chip to play import games, you're in violation of the DMCA. But will the police raid your house if you do so? Nope.

Now playing it on a modded PS2 or whatever, is that illegal, or does it just break some Sony rule?

You're just voiding your warranty with Sony. As far as I know, Microsoft is the only company who has claimed that it is illegal to modify your X-box.

edit: syntax

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Copyright law is sketchy at best. It's used to protect intelluctual property of the individual right's holder in the SPECIFIC region the the copyright is held.

If two companies hold the right to the same properties, but one each to a specific region, copyright law restricts one parties from infringing on sales in the other parties region.

If you are on Holiday out of your country and you buy a game in the country you are in and bring it home you are not violating copyright law.

IF you pay for and international game that is not supposed to be sold outside of the originating country outside of the originating country, the seller is violating copyright law as he is not liscened to sell the title out side of the intended country.

If there were no legalities involved you could play any format title on any PS2 console.

As i said, copyright law is sketchy and there are loopholes aroud this.

---What makes me howl at this debate is how everyone thinks they are supporitng "Macross" by buying an import.

No. No.

If you pay the extra $ to get the game overseas, you make the importer rich. The importer buys wholesale like the retailers do and depending on the size frequency of his orders. he could get the product for a lower price.

(Anyone still paying Lik Sang $40 for a dreamcast game?? They bought out the last of the DC stockpiles of games and are now gouging people on the price.)

Sega gets their money for the product before it ever leaves their wharehouse. It's up to the retailers to sell for the majority of the profit.

We'll put it this way:

Robotech battlecry got released in the States for $40-$50.

TDK was probably paid by retailers and department stores $7-$15 (depending on each retailer's business arrangement with TDK. Remeber when a major retailer makes an order, it;s for tens of thousands of copies)

When the price officially dropped, TDK had to send out rebates to the smaller retailers who paid on the high end to make their profit margin more equitable on the product and so that they could compete with the major retail competition. All other retailers were left to manage the profit margin as they saw fit.

When sales lagged again, all retailers slashed the prices to clear out the dead item to make shelf space for fresher, faster selling product. I got my copy of "Battlecry" 8 mos after relaese for $7.48 and target still made roughly $.48 on the transaction

Importers run salvage operations with major retailers.

When the retailers can;t move the product and theare are still pallets of the game sitting in the retailers warehouse, the importer comes along and buys the game at pennies on the dollar of the RETAILERS WHOLESALE COST (i.e. if target bought battlecry for $7 form TDK, a salvager liquidated Target's remaining pallets for $.70 a title, took the product to his website and is now selling it for $20 a pop)---

Anybody diggin' the free business lecture??

As for modding your PS2:

A judge ruled in Australia that it was not violating copyright law to modify your PS2 to play backups and that pretty much set a global precedent everywhere except America.

America is a comletely different. The new "Digital Millenium Act" that prohibits the violation of copyright law oon DVDs. Pretty soon it will be illeagal to modify anything that breaks any form of copyright protection.

The Digital Millenium act is gaining steam in America and already huge legal entites like the RIAA and the Cable companies are launching huge lawsuits at companies who are allowing people to infringe on thier copyrights and making indicted parties turn over all customer records.

It's only a matter of time before the Video Game industry follow suit.

America is catching up with gamers as well. Many modchip makers in America have already been arrested and records subpeoned. They are going to do to Video Game Hackers what they are currently doing to cable stealers in America and sue them. (Just like the RIAA suing Kazzaa users)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTENTION!!

THis is for the people reading this post who are thinking of installing a slide tool.

DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!

Get a flip top cover and Swap Magic disc for only $35

Go here: http://www.ps2case.net/index.htm to do so.

Swap Magic discs are the same software that come with the slide tool. Slide tool and flip top cover are hardware solutions for the Swap Magic Disc.

You can install a ip top without voiding your warranty.

Get a slide tool and you'll be sorry! Very sorry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the last post I'm making in this thread.

I hope I could educate at least one person.

Edited by Big "O"

Big "O", don't let one simpleton get to you. Whatever their stance on this issue, anyone who has read this dialogue can see you've made solid logical points instead of resorting to worthless rhetoric (Johnny Cochran anybody?).

Not sure if I'm the simpleton, but here's some non-worthless rhetoric for ya.

Not to bore ya all too much personal information, but, as many of you already know, I live in Japan. This fact, kinda by default, renders most of the "solid points" in the previous posts worthless to me. Luckily, I have a job, actually two, that just happens to intersect with the game industry, so it could be I take things a little personal. On the girl end, having just bought my engagement ring of my girlfriend this month, I guess I have that end covered too. Yet somehow, even after buying that expensive rock, I managed to stupidly have enough money "to blow" on a new Macross game. What a dork I must be, huh?

And I guess, when you get down to it, that's the part that upset me. I mean, honestly now, I buy a lot of stuff that other people must think is crap, and likewise, I see way too many people buying stuff that I think is completely worthless. But that's just it, isn't it? We value different things, and so are willing to pay for one while we go without another. No reason to start calling name and slamming other people for stuff they do that is no concern of yours. Like I said before, if you want to pirate, go the f*ck ahead and have a blast. Just don't get pissy when everyone else around doesn't smack their heads and say, "Damn! I just did something real stupid by paying for that game, didn't I? Thanks for showing me the light!"

Man... I don't know, just reminds me of the 6th graders who would get all pissed when kids would turn down their chew or something.

Finally, after working in the software industry for a few years I got tired of other people swiping my team's work and handing it out, but again, you'll notice that I'm not telling anyone to stop. Hell, I ain't your mother, so do as you darn well please. The only thing I ask is not to expect me to worship any economic insightfulness when it doesn't seem so insightful to me.

I figured no one wanted to read a book last time, so I only posted a snide little line instead. Yes, that was kinda cheap of me, but I figured it was better than making a novel like this post turned out to be, looking back on it, I guess I was wrong.

-The End

AAARRRGGHHH!!

LePosuer just doesn't get it.

(I obviously don't get it either, as I keep arguing with him)

Not to bore ya all too much personal information, but, as many of you already know, I live in Japan. This fact, kinda by default, renders most of the "solid points" in the previous posts worthless to me. Luckily, I have a job, actually two, that just happens to intersect with the game industry, so it could be I take things a little personal. On the girl end, having just bought my engagement ring of my girlfriend this month, I guess I have that end covered too. Yet somehow, even after buying that expensive rock, I managed to stupidly have enough money "to blow" on a new Macross game. What a dork I must be, huh?

And I guess, when you get down to it, that's the part that upset me. I mean, honestly now, I buy a lot of stuff that other people must think is crap, and likewise, I see way too many people buying stuff that I think is completely worthless. But that's just it, isn't it? We value different things, and so are willing to pay for one while we go without another. No reason to start calling name and slamming other people for stuff they do that is no concern of yours. Like I said before, if you want to pirate, go the f*ck ahead and have a blast. Just don't get pissy when everyone else around doesn't smack their heads and say, "Damn! I just did something real stupid by paying for that game, didn't I? Thanks for showing me the light!"

Dude, whatever.

I own 3 of my own business, I own a ten-acre reptile farm under construction, I have an aprtment in the state capital where I consort with all sorts of politicians, and I know alot of people on the inside who have showed me the loopholes thru the corperate system.

I never want for a thing.

Money to me, is simply a tool to get something done. I do not objectify it but I realize alot of peopel don't have very much of it. I don't care how anyone spends it. I'm just trying to let you guys know how to do this on the cheap.

I was merely suggesting that if you are going to take the priate route anyways and mod your ps2 to play imports, D/L it first to to see if you like it before you plunked down doulbe the asking price for what could amount long term to another fanboy jerk-off.

I'm not as impressed with the game as the other fanboys are. IT's still the same Valk sim to me.

Finally, after working in the software industry for a few years I got tired of other people swiping my team's work and handing it out, but again, you'll notice that I'm not telling anyone to stop. Hell, I ain't your mother, so do as you darn well please. The only thing I ask is not to expect me to worship any economic insightfulness when it doesn't seem so insightful to me.

If you did work for a software development team (I did as well for awhile) you got paid no matter how well the sales of the product did and if your mad about the stuff being ripped off and handed out, it didn't affect you or your paycheck (I doubt you got any of the royalties for the sales of the product), just the retailers that carried your product. Your company may suffer from lack of sales when no one re-orders and that may affect your ability to get a raise and promotion.

I realized long ago youcan't punish peolple for downloading and using your product, only selling it unlawfully.

Is your company going to lose a sale if I wasn't ever going to buy the title in the first palce adn still downloaded it??

What about product placement (advertising) inside of a video game? Alot of companies use endorsements inside their games to generate the cask to pay the developers.

You also know that increased circulation of certain software promotes product awareness which increases the next version's sales or sales of spin-off or related merchandising.

Spare us your rhetoric until you get a better clue of how this REALLY works.

Until then, enjoy retail inflation and your Macross game.

--------

By the way, if you're such a saint and you live in Japan, why not just go to a retailer near you and pick up a few copies of the game and sell it to everyone on this board that is interested in it without making them pay the extra $ to get it from an importer.

You seem to think this is alright to do, do it.

Either way we do this, yor way or mine, laws are getting bent.

(You break the law your way, I'll do it mine and we'll see who ends up in more trouble.)

Fanboys!??! ( I still will never learn)

Edited by Big "O"

ATTENTION!!

THis is for the people reading this post who are thinking of installing a slide tool.

Swap Magic discs are the same software that come with the slide tool. Slide tool and flip top cover are hardware solutions for the Swap Magic Disc.

You can install a ip top without voiding your warranty.

Get a slide tool and you'll be sorry! Very sorry.

What's the big problem about getting a slide card? I just picked one up and I'm planning to use it on my PS2. :ph34r:

about the slide card thing.... My friend has been using a slide card with boot discs for about 3 months now and nothing bad has happened to his PS2.......... So when is this supposed to happen? I too have recently been using a slide card (for about 2 weeks now)

Edited by bob joe mac

I bought the game at retail price from HMV Japan. No lining of importers' pockets necessary. Anyone can do it.

Regarding games, I for one do want the TV series and movie replicated time and time again. Because they keep doing it better. Heck, many would argue this is the first time we've been delivered a game that's even remotely playable. For that matter, this is the first game you can actually play through the TV storyline so that point is moot anyhow.

And as for the digital millenium act, I don't live in America, and I'm playing on a Japanese PS2 anyhow. If you want to argue about the legality of people buying the game over the internet rather than hopping on a plane, stepping into a store, and flying home again, then feel free. If I'm dishing out half-logic, you're debating meaningless semantics. How I come by my game doesn't change the fact I popped a few bucks in Sega's and Bandai's pockets where, for my entertainment dollar, it rightly belongs.

LePosuer just doesn't get it.

(I obviously don't get it either, as I keep arguing with him)

Hehe, nope, you don't, nor do I, I suppose. But are you enjoying the ride so far?

I own 3 of my own business, I own a ten-acre reptile farm under construction, I have an apartment in the state capital where I consort with all sorts of politicians, and I know a lot of people on the inside who have showed me the loopholes thru the corporate system.

I never want for a thing.

Money to me, is simply a tool to get something done. I do not objectify it but I realize a lot of people don't have very much of it.  I don't care how anyone spends it.  I'm just trying to let you guys know how to do this on the cheap.

Hehe, a big ol'

Dude, whatever.
right back at ya. :p
I was merely suggesting that if you are going to take the pirate route anyways and mod your ps2 to play imports, D/L  it first to see if you like it before you plunked down double the asking price for what could amount long term to another  fanboy jerk-off. 

And if you haven't noticed, I don't care if you break the law. I just take issue with telling people they are stupid if they don't.

If you did work for a software development team (I did as well for awhile) you got paid no matter how well the sales of the product  did and if your mad about the stuff being ripped off and handed out, it didn't affect you or your paycheck (I doubt you got any of the royalties for the sales of the product), just the retailers that carried your product.  Your company may suffer from lack of sales when no one re-orders and that may affect your ability to get a raise and promotion.

BINGO! There, I think you do understand. You see, when my company has to eat a product due to low sales (as, unlike your scenario where the retailer is stuck with it - most unsold games are returned in exchange for deals on new titles) we get punished with lay-offs and cut backs. Not to mention the chances of making a sequel go right down the toilet, further adding to job insecurity.

I realized long ago youcan't punish peolple for downloading and using your product, only selling it unlawfully.

Is your company going to lose a sale if I wasn't ever going to buy the title in the first palce adn still downloaded it??

See, I that's why I don't care if you're going to do it. While there are some people who DL and then buy the game outright, I'd suspect most never intended to buy it anyway. I guess you could say, I only care about customers.

You also know that increased circulation of certain software promotes product awareness which increases the next version's sales or sales of spin-off or related merchandising.

You know, you are right about that, but there are limits. May I suggest you run your ten-acre reptile farm for free for a while? Just give those little buggers out for a year or so. I'm sure the free promotion will do you good. :p

Here's one part I am having a bit of trouble wrapping my head around though. So if it's OK to screw the middleman because the creator "has already been paid" does that mean you steal your groceries too? Would you if you could? How about your car? Hell, I mean the factory has already been paid. I'm a bit curious as to how a businessman such as yourself can help me understand that one. Do you have reptile distributors? Do they know you don't give two shits about them, too?

Spare us your rhetoric until you get a better clue of how this REALLY works.

Hehe, again, right back at ya. :p

By the way, if you're such a saint and you live in Japan, why not just go to a retailer near you and pick up a few copies of the game and sell it to everyone on this board that is interested in it without making them pay the extra $ to get it from an importer.

I think I'll have to sidestep the general bunk of this, by saying that, unlike you it seems, I believe that importers are actually providing a service that they deserve to be paid for. Hell, do you think Kevin and Will here don't deserve a little for helping to bring Valks to the masses? Whatever, man. Yet I still feel this way even when gray imports can cause major headaches for a company. Why? Well, because people are still getter paid.

(You break the law your way, I'll do it mine and we'll see who ends up in more trouble.)

Wasn't this kinda like the sentiment I started this whole thing with? Will, with out your little snipe at the end -- mine sounded more clever. :p

Until then, enjoy retail inflation

Geez Louise, what planet do you come from anyhow where there is no mark-up over manufacturer's price?

Fanboys!??! ( I still will never learn)

If this was something other than a Macross message board I'd support you, but yikes, with a name like MacrossWorld, who can we really blame for you finding Macross fans here?

Anyhow, it's been fun, but work starts in a few minuets so I gotta go -- as there ain't nobody giving me reptiles to eat for free around here.

OK, guys.

Take this to PM from now on out.

LePoseur- I've come to the conclusion that arguing with people who not only enjoy the benefits of, but also promote piracy, is a lost cause. While I do think you've exhibited a better grasp of how the whole business model works, to point it out to someone else who already has their own idea about it simply won't work... especially after the argument has waged back and forth several times.

Big 'O'- Great. You stole the game and chances are you'll never actually pay for a copy (why should you, you've played through it all, haven't you?). Some of us are willing to pay for it, so how about we leave it at that. The simple fact of the matter is that even if the game were only $50 or even $30 to import, you probably still would've downloaded a copy instead of paying for it.

From here on out, let's leave your argument to PM and return this thread to discussion of the game itself.

p.s.- Big 'O'... "REPTILE FARM"?!? I'd hate to see the combine harvester you gotta use for that place!!! :huh:

:D:D:D;););)

Yay, got the game and a PS2 on Saturday. Only been able to spend a couple of hours playing it so far though :(

First impressions. Graphically, the game is gorgeous. BGM and SFX are also great. Gameplay is pretty good and it's great actually being able to land on the capital ships.

I've only played through the TV missions so far. Got an 'A' grade on one stage and some 'B's, 'C's and mostly 'D's on the rest! Guess I need more practice. I gotta say though besides trying to getter a better grade, the game is not that challenging. On my first playthrough, I only died twice, one the first time I fought Kamjin on Mars and the second time fighting the Quel-Quallie with the GBP-1S. Once you are used to the controls, it's pretty difficult to die though.

Now for some complaints. Firstly the controls. I've only tried contol option A so far and I'm not that happy with it in Battroid and Gerwalk modes. As you have to use both joysticks to control movement, trying to press the thrust, missile and gunpod buttons while at the same time controlling two joysticks really needs three hands. I would have been much happier, if the gunpod and missiles had been controlled by R1 or R2 instead. Ideally, the game should have had an option to let you map the controls. Also, how do you make the battroid roll? I've done it a few times, by accident, but I've no idea how.

Next compalint. I dislike the lack of any type of speed gauge. A simple speed bar, speed display in numbers or percentage display ala VF-X2 would have been better. Also, although there is an increase thrust button, there is no decrease thrust!!!! :angry:

I still haven't figured out how to tell where the enemy missiles are. I actually prefered the method used in VF-X2, where the enemy missiles were bracketed, making them easy to track and shoot or avaoid.

My impressions are that it is a good Macross game, probaby the best so far and certainly better than the dismal M3, whose only saving grace was the awesome into movie and song. As a stand alone game for non-Macross fans it probably only rates fair.

Like many Japanese games based on a anime franchise, the developers could have taken that extra step and added more features to increase the replay value and make a much better game. Here's what I thing\k the game needed to take it from just 'good' to 'great': -

1) Add a two-player split screen mode.

2) Add a mission generator, with the ability to choose different arenas and multiple enemys.

3) Increase the playing area size.

4) Add more missions.

Graham

Also, how do you make the battroid roll? I've done it a few times, by accident, but I've no idea how.

i way i roll is the quickly tap the left analog stick the oppisite direction and then the direction you want to roll.... you have to tap it really fast and let go of the analog stick after you tap it cus if you hold it down or move it it wont preform the roll... so basicly on the analog tap (<- then -> ) to roll right in battloid ground, or flip battiod air/space and roll in fighter (-> then <-) goes left (v then ^) rolls forward in battiod and (^ then v) rolls backwards im not sure what they do in gerwalk since ive never tried also if you do it while a missle or enemy is going to ram you it goes into slomotion and at a different camera angel wich is very cool. i hope this helps because im still trying to figure out the moves i also like how you can shoot down missle with you head lasers but i wish you cold do this as well in fighter and gerwalk you can only do this in battiod

P.S. i think you have to be boosting to do the roll/flip also

edit: just played it again you dont have to be boosting

C.

Edited by Murphy

I only just got my PS2 this Saturday.

Graham

Are you into any other video games? Considering that the PS2 has one of the largest library of titles you have a lot to choose from.

Personally I've been playing a LOT of Madden 2004 and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.

BTW....if you're into Arcade Flight Sims then look no further than Ace Combat 4. B))

I'll be playing a lot more PS2 when Macross comes in.......

I still have not played the game much but my first impressions are:

The graphics look really good, the intro is excellent, I wish I can understand japanese so I know what Lisa is saying. I don't understand why the game does not use the original Macross BGM like the Macross Plus game :(

I only just got my PS2 this Saturday.

Graham

Are you into any other video games? Considering that the PS2 has one of the largest library of titles you have a lot to choose from.

Personally I've been playing a LOT of Madden 2004 and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell.

BTW....if you're into Arcade Flight Sims then look no further than Ace Combat 4. B))

I'll be playing a lot more PS2 when Macross comes in.......

Although I've owned a lot of different consoles (bought mainly to play Macross games), I don't really consider myself an avid gamer.

However, when I picked up my PS2 on Saturday, I did buy a few other games as well, namely: Ace Combat 4, Armored Core 3, & Devil May Cry.

I'm not into sport games, RPGs, FPS, racing or fighting games or games with cute characters. The only type of games I like are flying and Mecha games and some action/shooting type games.

Graham

Just wondering, does anybody bother using the standard missiles (AAM-1) in the Macross game? I hardly use them at all and prefer to stick to the micro-missiles as they seem to lock on quicker and fire larger salvos.

Also, aren't the RMS-1 reaction missiles great?

Graham

Just wondering, does anybody bother using the standard missiles (AAM-1) in the Macross game? I hardly use them at all and prefer to stick to the micro-missiles as they seem to lock on quicker and fire larger salvos.

Also, aren't the RMS-1 reaction missiles great?

Graham

yea i only use the AAM-1 on bosses...... the RMS-1 reaction missles are great when you what to nuke a zentrati(sp?) battlecruiser or a group of enemies i love transforiming in to gerwalk and launch the RMS-1and fly backwards and watch the explosion :D