New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

Play-Asia is a good site, although it's located overseas (Hong Kong) so the shipping costs are a bit more. ordered from there before and it arrived pretty quick.

DONT BUY FROM BUY-RITE GAMES. They're bastards. If you're looking for more info on that check out http://www.boycottbuyritegames.com/ which is a site created by a fellow MW'er.

Toys N Joys always seemed overpriced to me.

I'd second Abomz' recommendation for NCS, they're really great.

I still haven't been able to see this video! The link will not work for me! :angry: Where else may I be able to watch this video! I'm just dying to see it!!!

Not many people have seen that one...check out the shorter one from a few posts back. The 3 min twenty something meg one...it's the one most of us have seen and made us drool.

Does anyone know the best place to pre-oder this game? I found 3 places online

play-asia

Buy-rite games

Toys 'n Joys

Does anybody know of any other online retailers?

Also, both stores place the release date at 23 October. Looks like the game will be on time after all! :D

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...oducts_id=3825&

free shipping

release date: Dec. 23

Does anyone know the best place to pre-oder this game? I found 3 places online

play-asia

Buy-rite games

Toys 'n Joys

Does anybody know of any other online retailers?

Also, both stores place the release date at 23 October. Looks like the game will be on time after all! :D

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...oducts_id=3825&

free shipping

Dec 23!? What in the world? :blink:

free shipping

Uh....this sounds very interesting....and it seems that they have great customer feedback.

I just hope that release date is two months off.

Anyone else ordering from these guys?!?!?!? :ph34r:

You guys sure they aren't selling the ASN version of the game?

Lately.... some game get the JPN version and the ASN version. While both version usually come out at the same time, some of them might have a slight lag between them.... I think this might be the case with Lik Sang as they are a HK retailer. :)

Hello,

This might have already been covered, and I missed it, but from what I read, it is mentioned that if you want to purchase the import version of the game and be able to use it on your US version PS2, all you have to do is buy a "Boot Disc." A website is provided, which is:

PS2 Upgrades

I read on pages 1, 2 and 3 that someone says you can buy the: "Swap Magic PS2 Boot Disc"

Here is a quote from Druna Skrass:

"Well if anyone wants to get it, but not have to mod their PS2 you could get this...The Swap Magic PS2 boot disk."

What he said is then repeated, and referenced later in this thread.

I just want to clarify, and if I myself am wrong, please feel free to post the correct information. Here it goes:

If you want to modify your US version PS2 to be able to play both imported, and standard US games, you do not need a "Swap Magic PS2 Boot Disc," because if you take the time to read the product description, it says that it's entire purpose by itself is to allow people to play PS2 games that they have copied, and not import games.

Obviously, if you burn a copy of this Macross PS2 game, as opposed to buying your own, you will need the "Boot Disc."

If like most poeple, you just want to be able to play this import Macross game rather than wait and hope for an American release, all you need to buy is the "Magic Version 5/6/7," which will require that you have some soldering skills. Full instructions are included, and Radio Shack sells soldering guns for very little money. The Mod Chip costs, $39.00. The chip once installed never has to be removed, and you can read for yourself about the benefits of this specific mod chip as opposed to the other versions that are available.

I just want to clariy the difference between a "Boot Disc" and a "Mod Chip" so people know what they need. A mod chip is of course a lot cheaper than buying a brand new Japanese version PS2.

In addition, apparently a mod chip is available that does not require any soldering to be done. If someone has information about this type of mod chip, please post it. Obviously, Sony does not want it to be easy to for us to play import games.

Here is the quote:

"Requires a no solder modchip to modify your console"

I hope this helps, and if it is redundant information then so be it.

Sincerely,

Christopher B)

Edited by ChristopherB

Lately.... some game get the JPN version and the ASN version. While both version usually come out at the same time, some of them might have a slight lag between them.... I think this might be the case with Lik Sang as they are a HK retailer. :)

I'm guessing it is the ASN version, makes more sense since they're in Hong Kong right?

NCS regularly stocks both the ASN and JPN version of certain games, but they tell you which version you're ordering.

BTW, Lik Sang recently got sued by Nintendo and they've since reformed and become a "reputable" importer (i.e. no black market copying devices). A friend ordered from there once before and everything arrived okay, but I'd still recommend NCS.

I'm guessing it is the ASN version, makes more sense since they're in Hong Kong right?

NCS regularly stocks both the ASN and JPN version of certain games, but they tell you which version you're ordering.

BTW, Lik Sang recently got sued by Nintendo and they've since reformed and become a "reputable" importer (i.e. no black market copying devices). A friend ordered from there once before and everything arrived okay, but I'd still recommend NCS.

Lik Sang is good.... but in all honesty, don't order from them if you live outside the US. Because they are based in HK even the cheapest shipping types is already through the roof. Even to the US its already hlj level expensive. :(

Play-Asia is a good site, although it's located overseas (Hong Kong) so the shipping costs are a bit more. ordered from there before and it arrived pretty quick.

DONT BUY FROM BUY-RITE GAMES. They're bastards. If you're looking for more info on that check out http://www.boycottbuyritegames.com/ which is a site created by a fellow MW'er.

Toys N Joys always seemed overpriced to me.

I'd second Abomz' recommendation for NCS, they're really great.

buyrite went bad? wierd, cuz I used to buy from them a lot a long time ago. Maybe under new management and bringing the whole place down under? That sucks... Oh well, i will stay away from them too...

Lik Sang is offering free shipping though. That said, I'd still recommend ncsx.com. Extremely reliable.

Free shipping almost 2 months later. Its quite a trade back, and you need to figure out if its better to pay $75 and have the game a week after Japan gets it, or pay $68 to have it 2 months later. :)

Lik Sang is offering free shipping though. That said, I'd still recommend ncsx.com. Extremely reliable.

Does anyone know what's the catch with their free shipping? I think I'd rather go with majority on MW and buy through ncsx.com............

Hey Abombz. Why do you think it'd take 2 months thru Lik Sang? Just wondering........

Because their release date says Dec. 23.

But why would they delay the release a full two months after the Japanese release?

I always thought that was some sort of misdate. :ph34r:

I posted a possible reason a few posts ago. :)

Lately.... some game get the JPN version and the ASN version. While both version usually come out at the same time, some of them might have a slight lag between them.... I think this might be the case with Lik Sang as they are a HK retailer.

Amazon Japan has a couple user reviews as well as their own comments as translated by babelfish:

Amazon.co.jp

The popularity animation ' super spatial-temporal fortress ???? ' it revives vividly as a PlayStation2 edition 3d action shooting. It was reproduced to real working " Valkyrie ", the macro ? probably will be protected from the enemy as though on the name scene of the first ????, it is the apparatus.

What now with the work the ???????? is designated decisively as real after all is the perfection reappearance of embarkation machine Valkyrie of the prayer. Was not overhead ones and, the shout you will insert even from the episode that the Valkyrie CG conversion started from the fact that you consider as the fuselage which exists but it can perceive.

At the time of CG conversion, to action, the gimmick and effect, you adhere to the Valkyrie deformation action and behavior which is the variable fighter plane thoroughly. To also the small part as for 3 step deformation and the swing wing of course, such as the flap and the deflection nozzle, adhering to the extremity, it makes and be troubled the ? is.

Because of this with technology of that time real from of the ???????? which is impossible animation conversion actualizes. Valkyrie which freely used 3 step deformation being gorgeous from the fighter to moth walk, and the ????? the ???????? the aggressive scene can be reproduced.

The story to advance with the stage constitution which parallels to the episode of the original, furthermore 2 patterns of TV edition and theater edition are prepared in the climax. " Love * remembering, it increases?", that impression reviving again it is inevitable e.g., the numbers of the famous musical work which is begun are completely recorded in the game. (Eguti ? trust)

customer review

In 27 people, 4 votes, the ? where this review of the ? has become reference.

It may meet expectation , 2003/08/14

?????: Customer Japan Real the Sega team which developed the game of the airplane developing, it meaning that Bandai is sale, it may be able to expect degree of completion, is. Foreboding may become those above the VFX series, does. This is thought it is buying.

In 22 people, 5 votes, the ? where this review of the ? has become reference.

New generation 3d shooting , 2003/08/12

?????: The judge (you look at profile) the Aichi prefecture Japan It is the 3d shooting due to the Sega and Bandai collaboration. If you look at the picture which is in the midst of developing, don't you think? the picture very is clean.

The story seems like those which parallel to theater open edition, but because also the picture of terrestrial game is introduced, whether in theater edition from the around the ???? Shin space type which is not drawn story it starts the ?????. Don't you think? at this point in time expectation expands, (the ^^ ?

Private HP stands in the Bandai game channel and rises, has become the real starting ' ? ? ' from August, but ' real starting ' it has not become yet, (the ^^ HKDRT. Whether development being late.

As for contents of the game being consecutively information to keep being released from now on the ginger, ' the movement soldier cancer/gun dam ' the way the name scene movie of the new drawing causing the ? is densely has expected that it becomes the game of quantity.

Well, they did give it 5 stars each. :)

Edited by Gaijin

Rejoice ppl!! Famitsu gave Super Dimension Fortress Macross a solid 31 out of 40. You know what that mean? We have a genuinaly(sp) good Macross game in our hands. :)

Which Famitsu score is the legit one? I thought they gave it a lesser score........(it was posted on the magicbox website a couple of days ago). Huh?

PlayStation 2

Chain Dive (Sony) - 7, 6, 7, 6 (26 / 40)

Energy Air Force: Aim Strike (Taito) - 8, 8, 7, 6 (27 / 40)

Jurassic Park Management Simulation (Konami) - 8, 7, 7, 7 (30 / 40)

Macross: Super Dimension Fortress (Bandai) - 8, 7, 6, 7 (28 / 40)

Samurai Michi: Way of the Samurai 2 (Spike) - 8, 8, 7, 8 (31 / 40)

Shadow Tower Abyss (From Software) - 8, 8, 8, 8 (32 / 40)

Is it 28 or 31 out of 40?

Rejoice ppl!! Famitsu gave Super Dimension Fortress Macross a solid 31 out of 40. You know what that mean? We have a genuinaly(sp) good Macross game in our hands. :)

Which Famitsu score is the legit one? I thought they gave it a lesser score........(it was posted on the magicbox website a couple of days ago). Huh?

PlayStation 2

Chain Dive (Sony) - 7, 6, 7, 6 (26 / 40)

Energy Air Force: Aim Strike (Taito) - 8, 8, 7, 6 (27 / 40)

Jurassic Park Management Simulation (Konami) - 8, 7, 7, 7 (30 / 40)

Macross: Super Dimension Fortress (Bandai) - 8, 7, 6, 7 (28 / 40)

Samurai Michi: Way of the Samurai 2 (Spike) - 8, 8, 7, 8 (31 / 40)

Shadow Tower Abyss (From Software) - 8, 8, 8, 8 (32 / 40)

Is it 28 or 31 out of 40?

Both are. The first one was from PS2 Famitsu (PS2 only) and the second one was from Famitsu (multi console). :)

Both are. The first one was from PS2 Famitsu (PS2 only) and the second one was from Famitsu (multi console). :)

Really? Alright.....it doesn't change the fact that I'm picking up this monumental title. :ph34r:

Any differences between the two Famitsu's? Are they reviewed by the same number of people? :ph34r:

Really? Alright.....it doesn't change the fact that I'm picking up this monumental title. :ph34r:

Any differences between the two Famitsu's? Are they reviewed by the same number of people? :ph34r:

Whats the difference? Err... I would think the ppl who review the game are different. Perhaps PS2 Famitsu is simply more critical about PS2 games, while Famitsu just judges the games on their own merit..... or something like that. :ph34r:

This is sort of off-topic, but has anybody ordered from amazon.co.jp before (from outside Japan of course) - how are the shipping rates, etc.? I was told that it's probably the same price to get someone who lives in Japan to buy it for you in a store and then mail it to you (I guess if you have the time to shop around in Japan, there are some stores that would sell it cheaper...)

Thoughts?

hey! was watching tv and caught the commericial for the game. i was only able to see it once so far and it was a quick spot. didnt know it was a cm for it until the end when the macross logo and info came up. has a little boy in a park looking up into the sky and the force of the sdf-1 (off camera) coming down blowing his hair. then he says something like 'its returned' (kaete kitta) then the macross logo and info screen for the game comes up.

i am so looking forward to this game. just a few more days. i pre-ordered it already and its supposed to come with a poster.

Actually it really is a kid, maybe 9-11, standing in a funky CG grass field. Pitching to the kids I guess, as we adults fans are already buying. ;P

As for the "it's back!" line, the beauty is it could be he's talking about the shadow of the Valk he's in, the valk itself, the franchise, or even a nasty rash. Gotta love ambiguity in the Japanese language. ;) Personally, I took it to mean the franchise, but wouldn't be surprised at any of the meanings.

While it's always great to see a CM on TV for Macross, this one is nothing to get too excited about, as I think they could have done a much better pass of hype for the game than blowing 10+ seconds on a kid in a field and silhouettes. Beside, and I might just be bitter, but nothing screams "CHEAP EASY PROMO" design by using a grass field, and not even a real one at that.