New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

Yes, there is VF-4 in the game...

GREAT! B)

But.....I hope each Valkyrie (except the VF-1's) has distinguishable sound effects. It'd be funny to hear the Gunpod from a VF-1 on the YF-21 (b/c we all know they sound differently).

OR

Does each Valkyrie have different capabilities? Can the YF-19 use it's shield? :blink::ph34r:

Anyone have any codes for "Chou-jikuu Yousai Macross" Macross: The Super Dimension Fortress © ps2..

I own a gameshark and action replay and im looken for some codes i know this only just came out but if you have any good cheat sites please left me know..

thanks in advance

I love this game... but i wish i could read what my missions are...

no American release date has been confirmed.

gamefaqs: http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.as...asp?board=37825

post-6-1066968088_thumb.jpg

please please please please please please PLEASE bring this to the U.S. :(:unsure::blink: !!!!!!!! I'm sure it's great fun playing the import but without understanding a lick of Japanese I don't see any point in playing since I wouldn't know what the hell I'm doing. I might get it anyway though...

:( Why is everyone saying they beat this game in less than a day? From what you guys have mentioned there's not that many stages in this game (13 for SDF:M and 8 for DYRL). I guess I'll have to take my sweet, sweet, time with this game.

I just put my preorder in with ncsx.com. This will be my first video game import I've bought in nearly 3 years (Macross M3 was my last)! B)

BTW, what online store is the most reliable for ordering the PS2 Slide Card? Also what's this about Gamestop carrying a "legal" boot disc for imports in a few more months???

For those who are asking about Bandai releasing this stateside, I asked somebody from Bandai about this a month ago. They are quite aware of Macross' popularity here in the US and the demand for this game, but unfortunately, until this Harmony Gold situation is settled, it ain't happening. :(

Edited by Apollo Leader

To everyone that said this game might suck and I said it would not...I told ya so! :D

Sega and AM2 pulls off what no one else has...made a GOOD Macross game.

It isn't a masterpiece but for a Macross game it's pretty damn amazing...better than lots of the dribble out there...and makes Battlecry really look poor in comparison.

Remember at that convention when they (HG and co) said that don't worry about VFX2...our game will be better than VFX2...hope they don't have to look at this. :lol:

That said, I sure hope that Bandai will be able to release this here as a Macross game, even if they have to go through HG. I'll buy it again.

Edited by Gaijin

To everyone that said this game might suck and I said it would not...I told ya so! :D

Sega and AM2 pulls off what no one else has...made a GOOD Macross game.

It isn't a masterpiece but for a Macross game it's pretty damn amazing...better than lots of the dribble out there...and makes Battlecry really look poor in comparison.

Remember at that convention when they (HG and co) said that don't worry about VFX2...our game will be better than VFX2...hope they don't have to look at this. :lol:

That said, I sure hope that Bandai will be able to release this here as a Macross game, even if they have to go through HG. I'll buy it again.

I was right there with you. AM2+Macross=good. :lol:

Actually enen though they are in Japanese the macross games are typically easy to understand as far as gameplay goes. If you've watched DYRL or Macross or even Robotech you'll already know the basic story.

Plus if you have any questions the people here in the forums that do speak japanese well are usually happy to answer questions.

:( Why is everyone saying they beat this game in less than a day? From what you guys have mentioned there's not that many stages in this game (13 for SDF:M and 8 for DYRL). I guess I'll have to take my sweet, sweet, time with this game.

It would have been cool if they went through all the battles of the TV series in the game... down to the last episode where the SDF-01 gets destroyed... But it stops at stage13... :(

Not sure if everyone has seen this yet. I went back over a few pages and didn't. If someoen already said this before, sorry. This is from the Macross Compendium for the new game.

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross

’´Žž‹ó—vǃ}ƒNƒƒX

Sony PlayStation 2 compatible game

3D action shooting game

Based on "definitive version" of Space War I, with story branching based on initial choice of carrier assignment on Prometheus (original storyline) or ARMD-01 (shorter storyline with "Do You Remember Love?")

One player

Features standard VF-1A/J/S Valkyrie (transformable into 3 modes) with GBP-1S and FAST Pack systems and optional coloring

New Hikaru Ichijyo voice recording by Kenji Nojima

Secret mecha unlocked after completion of Stories and Tutorial modes at various ranks:

VF-1D

VF-1A (Hikaru, Kakizaki, Max)

VT-1

VE-1

VF-4

YF-19

YF-21

VF-0

SV-51

Includes full song recordings:

Shao Pai Lo[o]n

Love Goes Away

Runner (Piano Solo Version)

Do You Remember Love?

Angel's Paints

Reversible poster present (with reserved orders)

Uses 133 KB+ of PlayStation 2 memory card (8MB), analog controller (Dual Shock 2)

SLPM-65405

Original Character Design: Haruhiko Mikimoto

Developer: Sega/Sega-AM2

Releaser: Bandai

2003 October 23

Y6800

Edited by Effect

Just a note for all of you guys who blew $65-$75.00 on an import:

I just got done downloading a dvdrip of this game off of IRC.

Japanese games play perfectly in US chipped consoles.

Both use NTSC format.

Grab it while you can!

Good game for a Macross title but not a great game overall. DEFINTIELY not worth $70.00

(Not worth $30 really. Without the Veritechs it might as well be Aerodancing 3. Not enough variation in missions but better than Battlecry. The visuals are stunning but gameplay is still muck like other macross games. It is easier to transform into all 3 modes this time around and the play is far more fluid. {it plays much like GunMetal for the Xbox.} It looks likes it it was made to simply jerk off the fanboys and not appeal to flight sim, combat gamers. Sega and am2 put forth a solid effort but it still needs work in my opionion. It's not hard to be the best Macross title when all others suck the ass. I never made it thru the firt mission on the dreamcast Macross game before I dubbed it crap. The 2 for PSX were none better. For my $70.00, a video game had better be spectacular and have years worth of replay value. Pay $70 for an import and you're simply making the import guy rich. Games developers don't get any of that extra loot and importers buy whoelsale so they pay far less for those import titles than you would think. Not being a huge Macross fanboy, I wasn't that impressed with the game. If I want to see cool macross animation, I 'll pop in DYRL. )

Edited by Big "O"

Just a note for all of you guys who blew $65-$75.00 on an import:

I just got done downloading a dvdrip of this game off of IRC.

Japanese games play perfectly in US chipped consoles.

Both use NTSC format.

Grab it while you can!

Good game for a Macross title but not a great game overall.  DEFINTIELY not worth $70.00

(Not worth $30 really.

That's not the point.

It's Macross and we'll buy it anyway. :)

Buying a "good game" and stealing a mediocre or bad one doesn't change a thing. It's like food...ever paid for a bad lunch?...you can complain, but you don't swipe it because it's "not worth it".

Of course, people have different views on this...

End of my rant...now back to the thread. ;)

Edited by Gaijin

Buying a "good game" and stealing a mediocre or bad one doesn't change a thing.  It's like food...ever paid for a bad lunch?...you can complain, but you don't swipe it because it's "not worth it".

It truly is in human nature to simplify things. ;)

Edit: From the screenshot, my guess would be that the ARMD is the DYRL version while the Prometheus is the TV version. The SDF-1 was equipped with the ARMD in DYRL, whereas is was equipped with Prometheus in the TV show.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

sorry guys, there is no VF-19 or VF-0 in this game...

i just unlock all planes

the most special planes are TV verison of MAX's and MILIA's VF

that's it...

ah man thats too bad i really wish they had the newer valkyries to fly around after you beat the game.. :(

You can call it stealing all you want.

I like to play games before I by them.

That way I don't spen $50 on a game I only play for 5 minutes an chuck on the shelf.

(I actually bought Murakumo: Renegade Mech pursuit for the XBOX for $50 and it was the worst {and last} new game I ever bought.)

Now I download titles I want to play and then, if they are keepers, I buy them used for $5-$10 after they've been around for a few moths.

Ever buy a new game for $50 and then find it marked down to $20 everywhere 2 days after you plunked down your hard earned cash?

Ever try to get the price adjusted for the difference?

F-ck it.

For a flight/ combat sim, Macross was nothing new. Great for fanboys, but so was "Enter the Matrix"

Anyone blow $50 on that title?

OK, now that it's over (sorry guys, but it is a quick game) I think once we see this week's sales rankings we'll know if we can expect Bandai to expand on the franchise. I mean, the engine is already there and most of the major planes are modeled, so it's just a matter of if Bandai can squeeze more yen out of another release.

While I don't expect many of these, here's a wish list for the next title, or what could have made this the killer Macross title.

*Story! I know, I know, it's following the show's story, but that's no excuse for some character story ala Wing Commander II in between the missions. minor spoiler Hearing Ema say she was waiting for me as I launched off to put some GU-11 rounds in Bodolza's head was a little much, as, up until then, I'd never even known we were a potential item... unless the folks at Bandai see any female they interact with as girlfriend material.

* Wingmen that do something!!! Yikes! the least they could do is talk to me.. or hell, beg for help... most of the time (like 90%) I thought I was flying a solo mission. I know it's a tall order, but once I can fight in a dogfight like in the first episode of the series, I'll know we've hit our stride.

* Mission Generator

* More Missions (like ones that fill in time skipped in the regular story *spoiler the mystery ship in the DYRL track for example

* Vs. mode (with the chance to pilot Zentradi ships as well)

* Cut scenes! (I miss them...

*Realistic mode (that gives you things like a true weapons payload, but has fighters take much less damage)

*Incoming missile tracking mode for the gunpod (like a toggle switch between the current auto target and a missile only version.)

and the proverbial more. :p

and on the pirate undercurrent running through this thread, I'll only say:

If you pirate, go ahead and pirate, but at least don't act proud about it.

Sooner or later we all have to grow up and pay full price. ;)

i just unlock all planes

that's it...

can you upload your savefile somewhere?

PlayStation2 SharkPort 2 Save...... gamefaqs will post it...

gamefaqs macross url: http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.as...asp?board=37825

gamefaqs how to Contributing Game Saves url http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/help/hcontrib_6.html

Edited by wemery73

i just unlock all planes

that's it...

if there is no VF-0 and Mac Zero valks, and the YF-19/21, then why is it listed in the Macross Compendium, and shown in the preview video that was posted here?

I wonder if anyone can email Bandai Japan or whoever to ask if those valks WERE meant ot be playable, just to give us something to work towards? It would be great to know that they are in there, just have to do something special to unlock them, cuz its kinda fun haveing the lightning to play with, its faster than the standard vf1s it seems....

Anyone notice when u use the lightning that it shows all the cinematics with an orange 1a? must be cuz they didn't allow for the cinemas to show the other cool planes? same with the osterich, if you choose armour on, it doesn't show it when its doing the cinemas! funny :)

Anyone know what the S rank is meant to be? I have done 2 missions which I did quite well, and its only S? is that terrible? its kinda confusing, cuz i dont know any japanese at all to read, so im stuck? anyone?

I hope someone can email Bandai and ask if those other planes are there, cuz the only bad thing on this game is its length. its way too short. BUT DAMN its fun. lemme take a ground mission with a Monster, !! hehe

:)

that's it...

if there is no VF-0 and Mac Zero valks, and the YF-19/21, then why is it listed in the Macross Compendium, and shown in the preview video that was posted here?

which video showed what valks? i musta missed that... damn my slow net connection.......

big o' forgets he plunked down a wad of cash on steel batalion. Then again... it did come with a joystick :rolleyes:

I have no problem spending cash on good stuff... but I back it up anyways. I find it easier to get a copy than rent a copy on most instances to determine if I should buy it. Heck... I had original copies of worms armageddon for psx1, dreamcast, pc, and n64... till my n64 got jacked while a friend was borrowing it. With as much time as I spent playing that game I would have sent money directly to the programmers if I could LOL.

Back-ups can have their use though... My one friend still harasses me for shattering his copy of enter the matrix. Heck... I've spit copies of power stone 2 for dreamcast out just so I COULD break them... that game really pissed me off :unsure:

Anyone know what the S rank is meant to be? I have done 2 missions which I did quite well, and its only S? is that terrible? its kinda confusing, cuz i dont know any japanese at all to read, so im stuck? anyone?

Now, this could just me talking out of my ass, but this is what I garnered from playing.

The Ranks go S-A-B-C-D in decending order of greatness

Many levels will give you cards after clearing them with high scores, while other cards are pretty much given to you as long as you manage to stay alive for the next level.

Also, stages that you clear with a C or D rank don't seem to be unlocked for single games. Clearing single games after you've cleared them in the story mode could be the missing link some people are looking for, but that's a theory not tested yet. After scraping my way through the normal missions I have the following

1A

1J

1S

1D

VT-1

VE-1

VF-4

Hiraku's DYRL colors

Kakizaki's DYRL colors

But I'm interested to know what everyone else has. Like I say, I've only played through both story modes and the training and kept any passing score on a level. One odd thing though, my Ai wa Nagareru damage rating was 0!!! So I got a crappy D. I have no idea why it was zero, but is it like that for everyone else too?

Now, this could just me talking out of my ass, but this is what I garnered from playing.

The Ranks go S-A-B-C-D in decending order of greatness

Many levels will give you cards after clearing them with high scores, while other cards are pretty much given to you as long as you manage to stay alive for the next level.

Also, stages that you clear with a C or D rank don't seem to be unlocked for single games. Clearing single games after you've cleared them in the story mode could be the missing link some people are looking for, but that's a theory not tested yet. After scraping my way through the normal missions I have the following

1A

1J

1S

1D

VT-1

VE-1

VF-4

Hiraku's DYRL colors

Kakizaki's DYRL colors

But I'm interested to know what everyone else has. Like I say, I've only played through both story modes and the training and kept any passing score on a level. One odd thing though, my Ai wa Nagareru damage rating was 0!!! So I got a crappy D. I have no idea why it was zero, but is it like that for everyone else too?

No idea sorry Leposeur, and as for your list of valks too hey, i have those, but with the extra of Hikarus 1J colours. but still dont know what the others are exactly? We know that at least 2 of the others are the M and M tv colours, one would have to be Roys colours for the S, but there are still a couple of empty still? Anyone fill us in >?

I was hopeing the S Rank was the better one! S for Super-Sam! LMAO..!! so glad someone else says its a good rank! hehe :D

so can anyone email to Bandai in Japanese and ask em bout the valks we were meant to have in the game? :huh:

Just incase no one has seen it yet heres a review from ign .com

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/456/456372p1.html

apparently not only are the reviews really good...it seems you can switch between tv and movie mode...movie mode being teh hard mode

check out this picture ......where you choose between both modes

( btw if this has been posted before sorry ..im not going through 27 pages of posts to find out =p)

031024_macross1.jpg

and on the pirate undercurrent running through this thread, I'll only say:

If you pirate, go ahead and pirate, but at least don't act proud about it.

Sooner or later we all have to grow up and pay full price. 

I'm not saying everyone should pirate the title instead of buy it but alot of people who are reading this thread are going to have to mod thier PS2 in some way to play the import.

Downloading the game in advance is going to save some peole alot of greif.

Fanboys and Hardcore Macross collectors will wan't to buy the title, sure but do those of us who aren't living a Macross-obsessed lifestyle wan't to blow $70 on a game that's going to entertain us for less than a week?? (Less than 3 days??)

Before I blew $70 on an import Macross title, I'd like to get the chance to know if it's going to be a keeper.

Download the game and if you don't like it, break the copy and throw it away.

If you do like it and can't wait for a release in your country, blow the $$ on an import.

In six-month's time I can almost guarantee you guys can pick up that title new for under $20.

There is no fixed-value system for console software and the price of titles start dropping weeks after release. It's better to wait if you're actually going to buy anything.

I know all of you guys have ethics but it seems like you miss out on the fact that if you buy an import title that is not for your specific region and play it you are technically violating international copyright law anyways. Your point is moot. If you weren't breaking any copyright laws you wouldn't have to import the title. You could just go to the store and buy it. (Even the stores that do sell imports like Rhino and Gamestop are technically breaking the law but there are loopholes around it.)

Are you guys saying it's better to break the law one way and not the other??

Me, I'm not blowing $70 on this when there are SOOOOOOO many other worty titles that will cost me $40 or less. (I bought Descent 3 new for $15 and I had to wipe the files from my HDD and hide the disc for it as it was so f-cking addictive to play online. Hell, I bought a copy of "Battlecry" from Target after it had been out for a few months for $7.48 on clearance and gave it to Kanata67 for Christmas. For me, those are the games that are going to get my $. If you knew how the capitalist system really works, you'd do it too.)

Those of you Fanboys and have-to-have-its can waste your dough all you wan't. My info was aimed at the rest of the folks will bills to pay and girls to feed who may not wan't to blow $70 on another light-weight Macross gaming experience. Cinema scenes, visuals, and soundtracks don't make great games, they make great movies. Movies on DVD cost $20 or less to buy. (Is anybody getting my point yet??)

In my opinion hardcore gamers that are Macross fans would get more mileage out of their $70 buying something else Macross related. (I hear the 1/48 valks have dropped in price again.)

IF they wanted to check out the game, I was suggesting a place where they could download it for free before they bought the title.

Sorry to ruin your day fanboys.