New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

Anyone sure about when the actual release date is now?... I see dates ranging from Oct 23, Oct 30, November 25, and Dec 23rd!

I doubt the October launch will be made...the site still has coming soon sections. :(

Anyone sure about when the actual release date is now?... I see dates ranging from Oct 23, Oct 30, November 25, and Dec 23rd!

I doubt the October launch will be made...the site still has coming soon sections. :(

Okay I finally watched the video, but it made me more pissed off because the guy who was playing it obviously didn't know what he's doing :p

He let Macross get damaged so badly, and he barely shot anything down!!

But from the video, at least you get a feel what the game is like, and it's pretty awesome...

I noted that there seems to be too much dialog though, hmm... if you're a real valkyrie pilot, I don't think you can concentrate very well with so many radio messages every other second :)

October 23 is the supposed official date. But a lot of online retailers also say it is October 30, there was one that said it had been pushed to november, and of course, some website said December. I hope not, I was looking forward to some Macross action this month.

I thought you guys would like to know... but Famitsus review is in. The new Macross game got 28 out of 40, with 8,7,6,7 as review scores. Thats a pretty good score. It would have been more significant if we could compare that to the scores VFX, VFX2 and M3 got, but I can't seem to find them anymore. :(

Okay you guys can d/l it from here:

http://earth.therealms.org/macross/ruliweb...eb_macros01.zip

Just rename the file to .mpeg after you finish d/ling then you can watch it (so that you guys won't be streaming it :p)

I think I'll leave it on for a bit but for those who d/led it please set up a bittorrent or put it on a server to share.

Thanks.

About release dates, October 30th was the old official date, it has been brought forward to October 23rd, but I've also seen dates of December 23rd on some websites, so go figures...

We did see the date in TGS or something, so hopefully they're not lying :>

:o:o:o:o:o:o:blink::o:o:blink::o:o:o:o

Oh my good lord!!!

drool...

This game looks like it could be THE best Macross, if not best mecha shooter ever!!!

I tried to get screengrabs but the paused shots are too blurry to be any good. I think it might be intentional because when it's running it looks absolutely and irrevocably amazing.

Battlecry what? I'd bet that RT fans and people that haven't even heard of Macross will be clamouring for this one.

(from what I've seen)

PROS

-The lighting effects are awesome. The valk and the SDF-1 look simply amazing.

-Detail (same as above)

-Transformation. It's quick and fluid. Really neat.

-The valk itself look spiffy. All of the verniers work, the wing tips, the Fastpacks. Everything. The thrust vectoring for the main engines on the legs is also pretty cool.

-The shells from the gun are pretty cool as well.

CONS

-This game features the illusion of flight in space ala' the famous WING COMMANDER flying debris feature. I hated it then and I hate it now. I hope one can turn it off.

-When your valk transforms the wings fold in even though the missiles are still mounted on the hard points. It would've been cool if they stayed out.

Edited by the white drew carey

Wow :D:D The game looks great. Now I really have to buy those disc to let me play imports and copies. Things would be even better if they could add subtitles for the language. :lol: All in all I can't wait to play this. The one screen targeting looks pretty good, as does the firing of the missles, and the detail of everything. I wonder what the land based missions will look like.

Judging from the video the moves seem to be a bit limited.

The Battroid Mode seems limited to gunpod action.

The Fighter Mode uses AMM and UMM payloads (you start off with 850 UMM's......that's GOTTA last a while).

The Gerwalk Mode will probably utilize both the Batttroid and Fighter capabilities.

:ph34r: